Everton (H)- Doomsday?!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good performance all things considered. Lots of positives, deserved a win but I'll settle for a point.

Very disappointed by the 'you don't know what you're doing' chants though. Feeds my fear that there are people out there that are just waiting for us to go wrong, so that they can revel in being 'right'.

Some of our fans are absolute cunts.

:balesnarl:

Those were directed at the referee

Definitely at the ref.

On my way home now and the ref was getting shit most of the game. All the booing was directed at him for getting so much wrong. Oh, and Anichebe was getting booed too.

Reading this thread it's disappointing that there are too many people jumping to conclusions about what they are hearing in the crowd, unfortunately. Thought the support was half- decent today actually, albeit interspersed with moments of quiet due to nervousness.

Definitely at the ref.

On my way home now and the ref was getting shit most of the game. All the booing was directed at him for getting so much wrong. Oh, and Anichebe was getting booed too.

Reading this thread it's disappointing that there are too many people jumping to conclusions about what they are hearing in the crowd, unfortunately. Thought the support was half- decent today actually, albeit interspersed with moments of quiet due to nervousness.

Just going with what I heard on TV mate. As I've said above if I've got it wrong I stand corrected.

jst got back and thought the crowd was ok today. no booing of the players so put that to bed and Adebayor public hate figure was very good . tireless running with fk all support,

i'd have taken 6/9 v man city chelsea everton. still all to play for.

Good performance all things considered. Lots of positives, deserved a win but I'll settle for a point.

Very disappointed by the 'you don't know what you're doing' chants though. Feeds my fear that there are people out there that are just waiting for us to go wrong, so that they can revel in being 'right'.

Some of our fans are absolute cunts.

:balesnarl:

it was at the officials, some shocking decisions

Just got in from the game.
Overall I'm gutted we dropped more points at home but really I was impressed by how the players never gave up on trying to rescue something from the game.

Negatives:
both our centre backs getting bullied by anichebe of all people. I at least expected caulker as a big unit to be able to deal with him but he just wasn't aggressive enough.
Dempsey. I don't really rate him but I also don't go into games with a chip on my shoulder about any one player. However today I failed to spot one really meaningful contribution.
Holtby. Tidy and energetic but still seems to
Be finding his way
The officials. Some really inconsistent and piss poor decisions
Defending from corners seems to have slipped. Don't know what the fuck we were doing for their first goal.

Positives:
Gylfi was brilliant today. His best game in a spurs shirt IMO
Huddlestone, despite the boos about the decision to take dembele off, was excellent with his passing and have us a different dimension to our attacking play. I'm guessing dembele was tired or had a knock but his ball carrying style wasn't really working against everton's defence. Hudd was able to inf some great balls in behind them to stretch them a bit.
Ade. Lead the line well and a decent goal. End of the day he has his limitations but that's not his fault. He played to the best of his ability.
Tommy Carroll. Not much time to make an impact but very impressed with how he came on in a pressure game and demanded the ball whenever possible, spraying it around nicely.
And finally just the fact we managed to play relatively well without bale or Lennon (not to mention Sandro, Defoe and Kaboul)

Nice rest now for 10 days after the Europa league game and hopefully we'll get back to close to full strength ready for the final run in.

COYS!!!

Just got in from the game.
Overall I'm gutted we dropped more points at home but really I was impressed by how the players never gave up on trying to rescue something from the game.

Negatives:
both our centre backs getting bullied by anichebe of all people. I at least expected caulker as a big unit to be able to deal with him but he just wasn't aggressive enough.
Dempsey. I don't really rate him but I also don't go into games with a chip on my shoulder about any one player. However today I failed to spot one really meaningful contribution.
Holtby. Tidy and energetic but still seems to
Be finding his way
The officials. Some really inconsistent and piss poor decisions
Defending from corners seems to have slipped. Don't know what the fuck we were doing for their first goal.

Positives:
Gylfi was brilliant today. His best game in a spurs shirt IMO
Huddlestone, despite the boos about the decision to take dembele off, was excellent with his passing and have us a different dimension to our attacking play. I'm guessing dembele was tired or had a knock but his ball carrying style wasn't really working against everton's defence. Hudd was able to inf some great balls in behind them to stretch them a bit.
Ade. Lead the line well and a decent goal. End of the day he has his limitations but that's not his fault. He played to the best of his ability.
Tommy Carroll. Not much time to make an impact but very impressed with how he came on in a pressure game and demanded the ball whenever possible, spraying it around nicely.
And finally just the fact we managed to play relatively well without bale or Lennon (not to mention Sandro, Defoe and Kaboul)

Nice rest now for 10 days after the Europa league game and hopefully we'll get back to close to full strength ready for the final run in.

COYS!!!

Spot on! My only difference would be to have Dembelle over Gylfi as our MOTM he bossed the midfield, especially first half.

What is going on with our defence, anyone know? How can we go from very solid to a typical Spurs defence in a handfull of games??

What is going on with our defence, anyone know? How can we go from very solid to a typical Spurs defence in a handfull of games??

Today, Walker -Daws -Caulker-Vertonghen

Basle , Naughton- Gallas- Vertonghen-BAE

Swansea, Walker- Daws -Vertonghen- Naughton

Fulham, Naughton - Daws- Vertonhen - BAE

Inter away, Walker-Gallas-Vertonghen- Naughton

Liverpool, Walker-Daws-Vertonghen-BAE

Inter home, Walker-Gallas-Vertonghen-BAE

I know we've been rotating the defence alot this season, but there seems very little stability in doing it to this extent, especially with injuries meaning different players playing in front of them. Somewhere needs to be a fixed set of players imo, and seeing as everyone is fit at the back, no need to chop and change so much.

Still baffled as to why Vertonghen started on the left when him and Dawson have formed one of the best centre back partnerships in the league over the last couple of months but happy with a point with the way the match went. More confident we can get a couple of needed goals in Basel now.

Bring on Citeh!

Still baffled as to why Vertonghen started on the left when him and Dawson have formed one of the best centre back partnerships in the league over the last couple of months but happy with a point with the way the match went. More confident we can get a couple of needed goals in Basel now.

Bring on Citeh!
To counter Everton's long ball game, that's all they came with today and AVB knew it.

AVB has consistently started Vertonghen at LB when the opposition's main threat is aerial.

Good idea in principle, and it's good to see some form of tactical reasoning in the team selection, but Vertonghen's best position is CB and I want to see him play there every game.

Good idea in principle, and it's good to see some form of tactical reasoning in the team selection, but Vertonghen's best position is CB and I want to see him play there every game.

This is where tactics vs square pegs in square holes comes into play.

I think AVB struggles to do the simple thing when he is faced with injuries. The Basle game was fucking calamity hour.

This is where tactics vs square pegs in square holes comes into play.

I think AVB struggles to do the simple thing when he is faced with injuries. The Basle game was fucking calamity hour.

Agreed, but starting Vertonghen today was nothing to do with injuries though - BAE was on the bench and it was clearly a tactical decision.

Back
Top Bottom