El Tel 1943 - 2023 R.I.P.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hope we do something for Tel today. Loved him. My first manager. Bunked off to support him outside the high court and never took to Sugar. Imagine if he hadn’t needed Sugar’s cash. What a man. Played football the right way.

Unfortunately, not surprised to hear this, Robbo mentioned how ill he was during his Covid zoom calls.
Tel was a true character, good man manager and a bit of a crooner.
RIP :(

RIP gaffer, just yesterday I was speaking to an ex-spur player/ manager about him. Hope as a club and fanbase we do something special for the gaffer.

2-C6-A687-D-B945-4-E3-B-9-ACC-0-C8-D65-FD09-B3.jpg

Ma Maw wrote to Mr Venables asking if I could be mascot for a friendly against Hearts. Nobody actually expected him to reply, but he did and I got to run out with the team.

Clearly a lovely guy. RIP

RIP Tel.

When I was a kid, I must be honest and say that he was more of a Chelsea player than Spurs, but he made a good impact when we bought him and for the time he was with us. Whatever club he was at, he was always a star. A fondly remembered manager too. We all love a rascally wide boy and that's what he was. Nice bloke.

He's earned a heartfelt tribute today - I'd go for a minute's applause, to thank the guy for all he achieved in football.

Back
Top Bottom