El Tel 1943 - 2023 R.I.P.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s strange thought our history just when we look like doing something big there is a shit show either from the board or managers. 84 burki leaves having been pissed off by scholar, 87 pleat has a great team then gets caught with his pants down. Same with el tel he finally got a great group of players together and sugar steps in. Jol / Harry / Poch levy’s fucks it up. Let’s hope levy has learnt from the past and in remembering el tel leaves the football side to the football people.

No... No way....
Oh man that is just so sad....

WIN IT FOR TEL TODAY!

"Ohhhh, Terry Terry....
Terry Terry Terry Venables!"

It's GOTTA get sung today!

Fantastic manager for Spurs and England we were so lucky to have him, sadly off the field activities let him down, but we should remember the good times - Euro 96 one of England's best ever tournaments post 66 and 70.

RIP El Tel.

The 91 FA Cup win was the first game of football I remember as a kid and was the reason I started supporting Spurs.

With that in mind I’m now not sure I should like Mr Venables…

Euro 96 was also a huge football moment for me as I grew up. Obviously we tend to look at things in the past with rose tinted glasses, but that was definitely one of the best England teams I’ve ever seen.

I salute you El Tel.

A great football man, his time with the Socceroos was short but it was a hell of a ride, brought a front foot attacking football philosophy to our NT and the Confederation Cup run was freaking awesome, was so proud of the team and how they went about it, losing to Iran in the WC knock-out qualifier hurt but they still lost playing the right way, great memories, thanks El Tel 👍

Back
Top Bottom