Eintracht Frankfurt vs Tottenham Hotspur. UEFA Champions League. Tuesday 4th October . 20:00 Deutsche Bank Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seems our level is as a low-tier CL team, tbh. We're making the easiest on paper CL group look very competitive & don't look any better than the teams we're playing at all.

Ignoring the really poor finishing, I really enjoyed the game. End to end stuff, felt we had the better of the game overall. Surely we'll see some rotation for Brighton now though, they looked knackered after the 50th minute.

I quite enjoyed the game but we didn't have our shooting boots on today, and Frankfurt made some last second tackles/blocks and defended well.

A point away from home isn't a bad result for us,

Ignoring the really poor finishing, I really enjoyed the game. End to end stuff, felt we had the better of the game overall. Surely we'll see some rotation for Brighton now though, they looked knackered after the 50th minute.

Exactly my opinion. The simplistic view will be that we didn't create enough but we absolutely did. I thought Son, for all his running, gave the ball away repeatedly through bad touches. Kane getting the ball deep is becoming as much a problem as an asset. If he has no one advanced to pass to then he runs with it. Through treacle. And gets tackled.

Thought Bentenberg did well in midfield and consistently won the ball back and advanced it quickly. Just think all of the front 3 had a bad night when in those advanced positions.

Thankfully there is literally no chance with Emerson suspended...

I look forward to seeing us draft Sanchez in at wingback to faithfully replicate Emerson's capabilities.

Good point, forgot about that.

I would like to see Spence given a chance (but understand if he's not doing it in training why Conte hasn't gone for him).

Might end up with Sess on the left and Peri-Peri on the right?

Call it what you like, but generally speaking atmospheres in the Bundesliga and Ligue1 are miles better than in the PL.

What I call it isn't important; but the sense of atmos is exactly what I'm bringing into question.........

Most of what I heard last night was a pre-meditated drone....... Just annoying. Felt the same watching numerous european ties over the years.

Eh, I don't know how much of a difference it would make. We're back to the same old shit, with only 1 player in the whole squad able to pick a lock. Used to be Eriksen, now it's Kulu. If they're not fit, or out of form, then it's a whole bunch of bullshit no matter who else is in the team.

Maybe we need to try employing more than one creative midfielder in the entire squad sometime. Novel approach, I know, but I have a feeling it could work.
Yeah it is very puzzling the lack of investment into a creative MF in the Prem.

Spurs, Pool and Chelsea are all lacking one and you can see it in the quality. Conversely City has KDB and Woolwich has Odegaard and you can see the difference in their football quality and performances so far.

Maddison was probably the big miss this past summer really. I like Richy but was he needed ? Seems like he’s best on the Right wing which Sonny owns. Def would love a redo here.

i've been a fan of my team eintracht frankfurt since 1974! since 1982, when i saw you live in frankfurt for the first time, i keep my fingers crossed for you! (Not on October 4th and 12th, 2022 :) )! I wish you the very best for your season in the PL! It's a dream for me to see you live again! All the best - become champions in England and take me with you when the spurs go marching in! Best regards from Frankfurt!

Just watched the highlights and was pleasantly surprised. Seemed like we created a lot of good chances and just weren't sharp in the final play. Which I can live with. Certainly would like for it to improve but those things tend to come and go a little bit. I think this time before the World Cup it's just about maximizing points. Post world cup will be like a new season.

Just watched the highlights and was pleasantly surprised. Seemed like we created a lot of good chances and just weren't sharp in the final play. Which I can live with. Certainly would like for it to improve but those things tend to come and go a little bit. I think this time before the World Cup it's just about maximizing points. Post world cup will be like a new season.
According to forum protocol you may need to delete this post and replace it with a statement about how the result signals the end of the world.

What I call it isn't important; but the sense of atmos is exactly what I'm bringing into question.........

Most of what I heard last night was a pre-meditated drone....... Just annoying. Felt the same watching numerous european ties over the years.

like English PL fans singing “xxxx get battered everywhere they go” over and over isn’t premeditated drone?

Songs are songs. They all just sound like noise if you don’t know what they are singing.

Not being German and understanding what they are singing, being part of it, that club or experiencing it live will have that effect though won’t it.

My underlying point remains, if you like stadium atmosphere, noise, etc German and French (and other European countries) teams generally do it better than the PL.

Back
Top Bottom