Eintracht Frankfurt vs Tottenham Hotspur. UEFA Champions League. Tuesday 4th October . 20:00 Deutsche Bank Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So why did he bloody buy him???
His a proven top PL midfielder. No idea why his not getting g a sniff, keep saying it but his happy with whatever we are doing and doesn’t think it can be improved . His too scared and cautious to play Biss or spence in case they actually improve our performances.

Richarlison was great and was needed. We have to stop trying to have 11 good players, and, as we've seen, Sonny is always up and down.

But we need, and have needed, depth. We needed Richie, but we also need Maddison. It's why Conte says we're still a couple windows away from serious contention. We can't buy everything we want in one window, even with an unlimited budget. See RWB. We have to buy when those options are available. We need Maddison and a RWB next summer, if not in January.
He won’t buy Maddison . He wanted richo but I’d have spent that money on Maddison. He can play 10, or left/right forward. Would still provide far more than richo and has set piece delivery in his locker.

Must admit... I like this. :moursmall:

Sounds like a cake too. :)
Piping Great American Baking Show GIF by ABC Network

Hold on poch was not revered or decorated as fucking Jose mk2. This guys record in Europe is atrocious given the resources his had at top clubs his managed. He even admitted last season he likes a week to prepare his teams. Don’t see other managers complaining like him ad they prbly play better football. The guy is a lazy docking coach. Have an expensively assembled squad, defend and get some top players to create the magic.
Jose MK2, lazy coach..sounds like you'd him sacked?
Who'd you prefer manage the club instead

Yeah, I'm so sorry I'm not bawling my eyes out because we drew a game in the Champions League. Fuck nuanced opinions right?

You're free to melt down like the rest of the crybaby cunts on this site though.
Shut up you pathetic cunt. Its fans like you accepting mediocre performances and wanking over them that is our problem. Any top team demands better, that's why they win things. You're the sort of cunt who is happy with a medal for taking part. Fucking melt of a man

But it's OK, as some in here want us to accept we should be thankful just for being in the champions league! God forgive we get annoyed with a draw. It's fucking unacceptable

As always context matters. Usually a draw away to Frankfurt = not a bad result. However when you're following up a distastrous NLD and people want a pick me up only to be treated to a 0-0 draw, it's meh. It's doubley meh when the last CL game was a 2-0 loss. Triple meh when Frankfurt lost their last CL game at their 'fortress' 3-0 to a Portuguese team.

As always context matters. Usually a draw away to Frankfurt = not a bad result. However when you're following up a distastrous NLD and people want a pick me up only to be treated to a 0-0 draw, it's meh. It's doubley meh when the last CL game was a 2-0 loss. Triple meh when Frankfurt lost their last CL game at their 'fortress' 3-0 to a Portuguese team.
Totally agree mate. After the NLD everyone called for a big response. Well fuck me if that was big we are in for a long boring season. Again easy games at the start of the season have dusted over the main worries. We are not playing well at all!!

Totally agree mate. After the NLD everyone called for a big response. Well fuck me if that was big we are in for a long boring season. Again easy games at the start of the season have dusted over the main worries. We are not playing well at all!!

Yep - out of the 'European' quality teams we've played (West Ham, Chelsea, Woolwich, Sporting, Marseille, Frankfurt) we have ONE win, and it required a red card before we even got going. We've put away teams we are expected to beat and this is a good habit, but we are not playing well. Our total inability to get any big wins away is so frustrating.

I thought there were better signs of at least trying to play on the front foot vs Frankfurt, but they were also really poor & it looked like the Europa League was probably the right competition for them.

Quadruple meh when it's the same players failing over and over again.

Back home now. Just read the thread. Wanted to address a few points from what I saw at the game. Might not have been picked up on TV.

Overall performance was better. The final product was lacking. Watched the warm up before the game, during the shooting drill Kane and Son missed every shot. That carried into the game.

Thought the team put in a massive shift, Perisic, Son, Richarlison, Emerson, PEH and Bentancur ran all game. Part of the reason why I think the link up between the front 3 was poor is due to fatigue IMO. These lot are doing recovery runs and then trying to sprint up to support Kane. It takes it's toll and quality normally is sacrificed.

Nevertheless the shooting was poor, didn't even make the keeper work. The build up was OK. Noticed a lot of emphasis on interplay between the front 3. Trying to play into Kane's feet and then laying off to Son and richarlison as off the ball runners. Just feel this is a low percentage strategy and why we are struggling to score. However, this approach is a direct result of not being able to build through the WBs as they are useless. We could move the front 3 closer to the box if we were able to the wide and cross into the box. The interplay between the front 3 at the moment is all on the halfway line leaving too much to do.

Dier takes too long on the ball, tempo he sets just kills any momentum.

Gil getting stick, but people failing to see that multiple managers are playing him on the wrong side. He's totally left footed. You have to treat him like and old school winger. He's not a modern winger that can play inverted. The run late on where he kept the ball in, side stepped the defender and carried it upfield was on the left wing. Its so obvious that he feels more comfortable playing that side. He doesn't have the strength to cut in from the right and shrug off a defender. Play him on the left and you'll see a totally different player. I'd genuinely play him LWB ahead of Sess.

Richarlison should be playing Central,

My first game in Germany, atmosphere was very good and loud, fair play to their fans as the game for them wasn't very exciting.

We have tools available to us that can make us better. Just needs Conte to be brave and try them. But don't think it'll happen.

Last point is I fear for us post January. The amount of running and effort the players are putting in, we are going to run out of steam. Conte must, must use his squad. We're going to be fucked if we don't!

Shut up you pathetic cunt. Its fans like you accepting mediocre performances and wanking over them that is our problem. Any top team demands better, that's why they win things. You're the sort of cunt who is happy with a medal for taking part. Fucking melt of a man
100%. Some people on here and conte think we can’t do any better hence not giving any other players a chance. Whose to say we wouldn’t better with say Doh are spence at rwb. Or Biss in midfield. Bloody hater that people think we can’t do better.

100%. Some people on here and conte think we can’t do any better hence not giving any other players a chance. Whose to say we wouldn’t better with say Doh are spence at rwb. Or Biss in midfield. Bloody hater that people think we can’t do better.
Point me to 1 person who said we can't do any better.

Just because some of us are choosing not to blow this totally out of proportion, doesn't mean we're happy clappers that are accepting mediocrity.

Things are really nowhere near bad enough to warrant this visceral negative reaction. I mean come on people.

Back
Top Bottom