Eintracht Frankfurt vs Tottenham Hotspur. UEFA Champions League. Tuesday 4th October . 20:00 Deutsche Bank Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2-0 loss… we look completely out of place in this competition.
Agreed, unlike those with a real European pedigree like Chelsea, Liverpool, Atleti, Dortmund, Inter, Juventus etc we're stinking this competition out.

We're a fucking embarrassment to European football.

Play the kids, sack it off. Hopefully finish 8th so we have no distractions next season. That will surely attract the elite players and coaches to the club to take us the The Next Level.

Then and only then can we make a concerted effort to finish in the top four and qualify for the Champions League in 2024-25.

Lloris

Emerson (will play) Romero Dier Perisic

Bentancur Hojbjerg

Son Kane Richarlison
We’re gonna start with 10?!?!

bold GIF

i've been a fan of my team eintracht frankfurt since 1974! since 1982, when i saw you live in frankfurt for the first time, i keep my fingers crossed for you! (Not on October 4th and 12th, 2022 :) )! I wish you the very best for your season in the PL! It's a dream for me to see you live again! All the best - become champions in England and take me with you when the spurs go marching in! Best regards from Frankfurt!

Thought it was a decent away performance in Europe.

Really should have won had our forewards not been incredibly wasteful.

Harry had a 1st half shocker and then Sonny had a 2nd half shocker.

Richy been a bit flat the last few matches.

I meant the last most important match of the season and also of spurs future and the next most important match of the season and also of spurs future.

Your post is ridiculous hyperbole, as Conte said, the game tonight is "not decisive, but an important game". Just that, no more no less. It's daft to suggest it defines Tottenham Hotspur's future.

Today’s game is very important for us qualifying from the group. A second defeat would be devastating, we need points on the board. Based on what I saw in the first two games of the group we are a long way from being guaranteed to qualify. We were beaten easily by Sporting away and only beat Marseille at home because they lost a man.

To fail to exit this group would be a huge blow and a major failure after all the hard work we did to get here. We can’t keep embarrassing ourselves in Europe if we want to take the next step. We are in danger of becoming a posh West Ham with the types of teams we keep losing to in Europe.

Conte made a point of it in the press conference. Mura, Zagreb, Pacos, Vitesse, Zagreb, Sporting, all those humiliations came in the last 18 months. It has to stop.

Back home now. Just read the thread. Wanted to address a few points from what I saw at the game. Might not have been picked up on TV.

Overall performance was better. The final product was lacking. Watched the warm up before the game, during the shooting drill Kane and Son missed every shot. That carried into the game.

Thought the team put in a massive shift, Perisic, Son, Richarlison, Emerson, PEH and Bentancur ran all game. Part of the reason why I think the link up between the front 3 was poor is due to fatigue IMO. These lot are doing recovery runs and then trying to sprint up to support Kane. It takes it's toll and quality normally is sacrificed.

Nevertheless the shooting was poor, didn't even make the keeper work. The build up was OK. Noticed a lot of emphasis on interplay between the front 3. Trying to play into Kane's feet and then laying off to Son and richarlison as off the ball runners. Just feel this is a low percentage strategy and why we are struggling to score. However, this approach is a direct result of not being able to build through the WBs as they are useless. We could move the front 3 closer to the box if we were able to the wide and cross into the box. The interplay between the front 3 at the moment is all on the halfway line leaving too much to do.

Dier takes too long on the ball, tempo he sets just kills any momentum.

Gil getting stick, but people failing to see that multiple managers are playing him on the wrong side. He's totally left footed. You have to treat him like and old school winger. He's not a modern winger that can play inverted. The run late on where he kept the ball in, side stepped the defender and carried it upfield was on the left wing. Its so obvious that he feels more comfortable playing that side. He doesn't have the strength to cut in from the right and shrug off a defender. Play him on the left and you'll see a totally different player. I'd genuinely play him LWB ahead of Sess.

Richarlison should be playing Central,

My first game in Germany, atmosphere was very good and loud, fair play to their fans as the game for them wasn't very exciting.

We have tools available to us that can make us better. Just needs Conte to be brave and try them. But don't think it'll happen.

Last point is I fear for us post January. The amount of running and effort the players are putting in, we are going to run out of steam. Conte must, must use his squad. We're going to be fucked if we don't!

We're "in danger if becoming a joke team in Europe" because we lost away to Sporting?

Get a grip.

Our last 9 away matches in Europe:

Sporting: lost 0 - 2
Mura: lost 1 - 2
Vitesse: lost 0 - 1
Rennes: drew 2 - 2
Pacos: lost 0 - 1
Zagreb: lost 0 - 3
LASK: drew 3 - 3
Ludogorets: won 3 - 1
Antwerp: lost 0 - 1

So yeah, we are in danger of becoming a joke. The last two years we have lost to some of the worst teams in UEFA.

Back
Top Bottom