Eintracht Frankfurt vs Tottenham Hotspur. UEFA Champions League. Tuesday 4th October . 20:00 Deutsche Bank Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agreed, unlike those with a real European pedigree like Chelsea, Liverpool, Atleti, Dortmund, Inter, Juventus etc we're stinking this competition out.

We're a fucking embarrassment to European football.

Play the kids, sack it off. Hopefully finish 8th so we have no distractions next season. That will surely attract the elite players and coaches to the club to take us the The Next Level.

Then and only then can we make a concerted effort to finish in the top four and qualify for the Champions League in 2024-25.
Agree with every word

AMLnZu-tsbgwlbQII5fElK16x0DWAW4jUfh59UtTn1IR=s900-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

That's precisely what Jerry will be expecting us to do...
scare tactics GIF

Hoping to see a bit of flexibility from Conte in the coming weeks, maybe Kulusevski's injury will force him into trying out the 3-5-2 over 90mins. Don't like what I've seen from Doherty this season, hopefully Spence can make the most of his minutes (if he gets some) over the next while. For the sake of the group, a draw here isn't a disaster. For the sake of our general form and prospects, a decent performance and win would be very welcome.

Not suggesting we flip the 11. Simply give Kane extra time to recharge for the weekend.

Maybe if Kulusevski wasn’t injured you could maybe have Harry on the bench, but I doubt he’ll get much of a break now with us being light in attack

But then you never know, if we get the game wrapped up early enough tomorrow night, maybe Kane can come off before the end

Maybe if Kulusevski wasn’t injured you could maybe have Harry on the bench, but I doubt he’ll get much of a break now with us being light in attack

But then you never know, if we get the game wrapped up early enough tomorrow night, maybe Kane can come off before the end
giphy.gif

No time to wallow.

HUGE European game to come on Tuesday.

Lloris

Emerson (will play) Romero Dier Lenglet Perisic

Bentancur Hojbjerg

Son Kane Richarlison

Could really do with Kulu being fit.
Here's the thing. It is the job, the only job, of a football team manager to concentrate the small brains of young men on football. In a way that brings out their best qualities on the field. Conte is not doing that at spurs. His idea of football requires 11 of the best to do as he says to the letter. We don't and won't have that at spurs. ENIC out x

I was listening to Andy Brassell on trans Europe express last night and he got he worried. They’re a good team with a good coach.

Possibly saving grace that Gotze is a doubt with an injury. Is Amsterdam the last away win we’ve had in the CL? I think the 19/20 season we lost at Bayern, Leipzig, drew at Olympiakos

Oh we won in Belgrade tbf…

Still a long time ago! Would give anything for Kulu to be fit! Conte presser today?

Eintracht Frankfurt sits 6th in the BL but they are only 3 points off of 1st. I've watched them a couple of times this season. This is a good team. Shaky defense but they have a good attack. The fans also create a really good atmosphere in the stadium so this will not be easy at all. Can't wait to see if Conte gives Royal a run out in this one.

I was listening to Andy Brassell on trans Europe express last night and he got he worried. They’re a good team with a good coach.

Possibly saving grace that Gotze is a doubt with an injury. Is Amsterdam the last away win we’ve had in the CL? I think the 19/20 season we lost at Bayern, Leipzig, drew at Olympiakos

Oh we won in Belgrade tbf…

Still a long time ago! Would give anything for Kulu to be fit! Conte presser today?

A 2 year sabbatical from the CL might have had a BIG part to play in that. 😄

I can't see us winning this game, if I'm being honest but, you never know (as Jimmy once said)

Lloris - carrying a knock
Romero - carrying a knock (travelled to Argentina and back)
Hojbjerg - dead on his feet
Bentancur - needs a break
Son - needs a break (travelled to Korea and back)
Kane - needs a break

Let's use the squad, eh?

Brian - the Sheffield window cleaner - Hill, not built for the premier league? then play him in Europe, not waste 'one of 5pain's best talents'

One of our best summer signings has played what? 30 minutes this season

Surely the DJ can't be any worse than the Royal Doc Combo with cheese?

Still, we were told "you'll be bloody frustrated with Conte" when he signed. Guess that was pretty much on the money lol

True but it’s the entire week off he needs at some point. Both mental and physical sides needs recuperation - annoying he played both games for Eng

Has to be rotated out at some point, as you say maybe when. Kulu returns

Both mental and physical sides needs recuperation - annoying he played both games for Eng

Agree. He didn’t really need to play against Germany, it was a pointless game as England had already been relegated. Unfortunately Southgate had to try and save his job

Going to test our mettle, this one. They've been on good form after a tough start-and going there certainly isn't going to be easy - especially considering our away form.
We need a result, but we're going to need to grind this one out.

Back
Top Bottom