Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And @todd1882 is right too, Alli isn't an elite player either, he's capable of creative nut megs and the odd moment of inspiration, but his game is littered with carelessness, poor first touches and mediocrity.
What can I say BC? It's blessing and a curse but it's always there. I fear my friend Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 is going to have quite the large amount of egg on his face in due time. His fate will be similar to yours in the matters of PeppyG and Sissoko.:sonpoint:

Is it fuck

Will it fuck
Oh crap BC. For a moment I thought you had crossed the Rubicon and found peace with the realization. Now it seems you're back to struggling with it. It's ok my friend as the path to acceptance is not linear. And you've had 2 bombshells on your plate which is more than most people.

Needs to be played CAM end of. Still a great talent in there, buried under youthful ego and fear of permanent benching. I think he hates playing under Poch now.

Needs to be played CAM end of. Still a great talent in there, buried under youthful ego and fear of permanent benching. I think he hates playing under Poch now.
Poch made him first choice last season never dropped when fit but he was disappointing let the manager down. His form didn't improve this season and hence on the bench. Fact.

Dele was poor last season, but he was great the couple seasons before. Really there' s no knowing if a player will just be shit forever or return to form, so it just doesn't make sense to proclaim certainty in either direction. But it's always difficult if you've had players have a poor season because their value decreases and it's a harder sell, which is why we weren't able to offload the players we wanted to. Dele was one of my favorite players to watch before last season, so it's a shame.

Dele was poor last season, but he was great the couple seasons before. Really there' s no knowing if a player will just be shit forever or return to form, so it just doesn't make sense to proclaim certainty in either direction. But it's always difficult if you've had players have a poor season because their value decreases and it's a harder sell, which is why we weren't able to offload the players we wanted to. Dele was one of my favorite players to watch before last season, so it's a shame.

This describes the situation surrounding Dele excellently and I think it is how a lot of us view the current situation. The only thing I would add is that he has been unlucky with his groin injuries - very difficult to deal with and to manage and may well have a lot to do with him struggling to recapture his first season performances which suggested we were onto a winner with him.
Who knows, had he remained Injury free, we quite probably would not have slipped into our current situation as he was a real game changer during his first season. I hope he does get back to his best as he will return to being a real asset to the squad.

COYS

Back
Top Bottom