Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I understand that yours was based on a different quote.

I just pointed out that Dele himself admits that he is off-form. Which kind of proves that he is not somewhere in clouds with his self-evaluation like you were suggesting before.
I think we all can agree, that our team actually IS better than last-place-holding Watford. Saying this does is not some kind of delusion or too high self esteem.
Am I right in thinking you rate him highly?

And the last 10-15 mins of play showed that. He looked like he wanted to play. What were you doing when you were 23? Let's give him a bit of space to get back to where we think he should be.

Well actually 23 is not that young in football terms. At what point do we stop giving him the benefit of the doubt because of his tender age. He has played 37 times for England and over 200 club appearances most of which have been in the premier league- more appearances than many players make in their career. He is in my view now an experienced player. He has had lots of space and time to reflect on things whilst being injured. Time for Dele to man up, knuckle down and remember that he owes his lavish lifestyle to his day job and us supporters who have paid his wages

Whilst he is admitting that he is 'off form' which I totally respect, my argument was that he is not as good as he thinks he is. Admitting to not playing as good as you can does not necessarily mean that your concept of how good you can actually play isn't misconceived.

I believe Dele has succumbed to the media hype about him the past season or so and assumed that he was a natural England and Spurs first team choice. This has not been a 'drop in form' but more a general air of complacency brought about by an ego massage from both Poch and the press.

Thankfully Southgate has hopefully brought him back down to earth and he will now concentrate on improving his performances.
As I said, that's just my opinion so we shall agree to differ.

It does not necessarly mean this but it could mean this. We actually don't know. I just pointed out other interpetation that I get when I read those quotes next to each othher. And our interpretations will remain differnt, and I can respect that.

I believe that once in form he is a wonderful-wonderful player that is useful for us. Just the ~20 months of issues, injuries and bad form have erased memory of some. He might not be conventional player, but he maybe reminds me of certain Thomas Müller from Bayern. So yea, I rate him (someone else asked this before).

I don't think that he is the biggest (or even top 5) talents of his age group in the world, but he can be useful for us, and I really hope he rediscovers his form! :)

I'm hopeful we have the old Dele back - he seems refocused and rather energised and got really good vibes from his recent interview.

I'm assuming Fortnite being shut down has zilch to do with it....

I'm hopeful we have the old Dele back - he seems refocused and rather energised and got really good vibes from his recent interview.

I'm assuming Fortnite being shut down has zilch to do with it....
I rather see footballers play videogame than drink and party in pubs:) TBH I doubt videogames were the issue of is decline. Over the course of the last 2 years he became this 'trendy' footballer promoting products and launching clothing lines. It might have taken his mind of the game for a while and made him think that he made it.
The England team might have been the slap on his face to wake up and sit down.

Also flies in the face of those who have tried to claim he hasn’t been poor.

Good luck to him, we need the Dele of 2016 back.
I fear it’s too late, but hearing him speak like that is really encouraging
To be fair I don't think many would argue that he has been off pace in the past 12 months, it's just the matter of how we can get him back to his best that people disagree on - he looked better in our last couple games though so lets hope this is the start of a return to form.

Back
Top Bottom