Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't get why we are looking to make Alli the scapegoat.

We played a football like f*cking Burnley FC. We closed our eyes and hoofed a 60-70 meter passes upfield. There was no midfield for us (which is hardly surprising, given we started with Winks-Sissoko CM). What the f*ck do we expect Alli to do there??? Take the ball down, hold it up against 2 or 3 defending players, dribble past 1 or 2 more and create an assist/score a goal? There is no player in the world that would do it.

Ffs, we played absolute shit-football, only moments when Son was effective was when he took the ball and used his pace. It is no surprise that Alli is not a speed demon. Kane was only effective... in 1st minute and once or twice when he dropped really deep. But in oppo box he was invisible for 89 minutes.

I agree that neither Son nor Eriksen should have started this one, but I don't find it justified to s*it on him when our gameplan was literally hoofing the ball up and waiting for them to attack, hoofing the ball up and wait for next attack.

We played a football like f*cking Burnley FC. We closed our eyes and hoofed a 60-70 meter passes upfield. There was no midfield for us (which is hardly surprising, given we started with Winks-Sissoko CM). What the f*ck do we expect Alli to do there??? Take the ball down, hold it up against 2 or 3 defending players, dribble past 1 or 2 more and create an assist/score a goal? There is no player in the world that would do it.
He could try passing it to a team-mate more often.

I’ve got my own view on Dele. I think he has been over trained/ drilled. Poch has stifled creativity in this team and it’s been coming home to roost for the last 18 months.

Dele needs a manager that will trust him to be creative. I think it’s been taken out of him. I’d say there’s an element of his ego getting out of control as well at one point but in the main, I see a player doing what he’s told, rather than using his instinct. Shame really.

Yea, thats a freakin easy task when there are 2 Pool players for every Spurs player, right. Cause all other our players were such a passmasters. That is why we managed to complete 113 passes in 1st half against 346 of Liverpools...
I think you should pay more attention to his touch. And how long it takes him to decide what to do with the ball when he gets it. And the execution of his passes. How he almost never takes the ball on the half-turn. People (pundits, especially) keep talking about his mentality, etc-his technical ability is dreadful.

Yea, thats a freakin easy task when there are 2 Pool players for every Spurs player, right. Cause all other our players were such a passmasters. That is why we managed to complete 113 passes in 1st half against 346 of Liverpools...
Liverpool had 22 players? Were you watching after having had 'a whiff of the cork'?

I understand the digging out of Eriksen, Toby and Aurier but I dont think we should be doing that with Dele tbh. He's in awful form but he's committed to staying here long term and his effort is there.

Yep, he is at least trying and he does want to be at the club.
I think he just needs the right guys around him and a more attacking minded team. He looked much more like the old Dele against Red Star so I think there's still a chance he'll regain his form.

I understand the digging out of Eriksen, Toby and Aurier but I dont think we should be doing that with Dele tbh. He's in awful form but he's committed to staying here long term and his effort is there.
He’s earned his criticism.

I didnt hear anyone sympathising with Dier, or Davies because they try and haven’t asked to leave.

We can't lie and say he is playing well. He is performing badly and that's the reality. We are not saying he has to go but shouldn't be in the starting XI at present time. He can be used as a sub to influence games and prove himself which may work better for him.
We want the old Dele, the aggressive, nasty, nutmegs, runs, dribbles, passes and scoring spectaculars. He is slow, no energy and passive nowadays.
If he is recovering from injury or emotional involvement then the manager should give him all the time he needs. Let's hope his fashion business is not affecting his footballing career.
Obviously you love him but we all do as well.

I enjoyed hearing his song at the Lane last Tuesday and I bet he did too. That's the way to help him regain his mojo.
He's an amazing talent. We're lucky to have him and he's coming back into form.

Yep, he is at least trying and he does want to be at the club.
I think he just needs the right guys around him and a more attacking minded team. He looked much more like the old Dele against Red Star so I think there's still a chance he'll regain his form.
He, also, needs to play in the right position, for him i.e. directly behind Kane.
I wouldn't be unhappy to see Eriksen dropped and Dele given a run of games there.

I've said it before on here that he will never be a wide player as long as he lives, not enough pace and his flicks and touches along with his runs into the box suit him playing centrally.

He’s earned his criticism.

I didnt hear anyone sympathising with Dier, or Davies because they try and haven’t asked to leave.
I have been pushing for both Davies and Dier to play. Whilst Rose is playing crap and at fault for many goals, Davies should be playing. Dier has never recovered from his illnesses last season and deserves more game time to see if he can regain his match fitness. Sissoko and Winks just does not work and Dier and Ndombele partnership should be given a chance.

Back
Top Bottom