Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A good article on Dele. It shows he ran the most on Sunday followed by Eriksen above any Liverpool player.
Love that quote from Mickey Goldmill.

“the worst thing that can happen to any fighter, you got civilised”

You can bet your arse this would have been bumped had he had a shite game.

Thought he would have a decent game yesterday and he did. People need to accept he has had numerous groin injuries and it's hard to get a rhythm going after these injuries. The effort has been there and I think the form will eventually follow.

I think he’s really trying. He knows he’s off form. But he was running all over the place yesterday waiting for balls over the top that never came. His goal was class. He always comes to the fans afterwards too, whatever the result. He’s key to any positive future for us.

Right on the fucking money!

Lovely dig from Cahill on the talking heads of Souness and especially Keanne last week. Listened to Sky coms in the second half & Carragha was backtracking too. There is absolutely nothing wrong with critique but almost all of it isn't about considered and with context.

Thought he would have a decent game yesterday and he did. People need to accept he has had numerous groin injuries and it's hard to get a rhythm going after these injuries. The effort has been there and I think the form will eventually follow.
Sorry but the goal aside he was rubbish

I think Dele is a victim of his own success. If he were just rising through the ranks at 23 and playing how he is now people would be calling for patience. Winks for example, steady but does nothing of note and a lot of people think he's great. There's countless other examples of players we've been desperate to turn out good because they've come through our youth system or whatever. The problem is we know Dele can be very good so what we're seeing now is hard to comprehend.

He's still putting a lot of effort in though, which is more than what you can say for some.

I think Dele is a victim of his own success. If he were just rising through the ranks at 23 and playing how he is now people would be calling for patience. Winks for example, steady but does nothing of note and a lot of people think he's great. There's countless other examples of players we've been desperate to turn out good because they've come through our youth system or whatever. The problem is we know Dele can be very good so what we're seeing now is hard to comprehend.

He's still putting a lot of effort in though, which is more than what you can say for some.
Victim of your own success is a polite term for regression.
I don’t even think Dele was allowed to do what he did for the goal so will probably be dropped as a punishment for breaking formation.

One thing I do feel with Dele is that his demise is largely down to the manager, so h see a new regime I do have hope for him.

Sadly I think we see him return to his best.........but it will be for Liverpool

I don’t even think Dele was allowed to do what he did for the goal so will probably be dropped as a punishment for breaking formation.

One thing I do feel with Dele is that his demise is largely down to the manager, so h see a new regime I do have hope for him.

Sadly I think we see him return to his best.........but it will be for Liverpool

Call it what you want but I think it's very easy to lose context on things. Dele isn't a shit player and he's still working hard. Whether it be the system, the injury or whatever, I think it's highly likely we will see some more vintage Dele in the next few years.

It also helps when your creative player actually creates chances though. Dele used to be very successful at getting on the end of through/long balls.

Dele Alli hasn't been anywhere near as bad for us as Eriksen has. The stats shows how little Eriksen has done with, quite frankly embarassing stats game after game. Yet there are shitty puff pieces all on Sky Sports and "fans" are moaning about him.

Why? No one should be paying attention to a young guy thats been coming back from 3 injuries for a year when we have absolute clusterfucks like Eriksen and Aurrier playing every fucking match.

Dele will come back. He's done more in the last 3 matches than Eriksen has all fucking year.

So frustrating that fans continue to lump Dele and Erisken in the same group.

Thought he again showed improvement. His goal was a great take. Come and confident.

Don’t forget that lovely over the top ball Lucas should’ve handled and scored on. That would’ve been a gorgeous assist.

He needs to play centrally. That’s where he’s at his best. Another maddening decision by Poch to keep playing him wide.

Sorry but you're verging losing the plot completely. I get that we're not great at the moment, but you rotate your vitriol towards every aspect of our club: Kane was 'Rasiak', the fans are 'Happy Clappers', the Manager - well you've made your point 10,000 times a day, and now it's Dele... despite the fact that he put in a very hardworking performance, constantly making runs and finding space... are you going to troll our entire set-up? He's signed a new contract recently too and is completely committed to the club. Maybe you don't see everything on the pitch because you only watch from TV angles, but Dele did well yesterday, and everyone in the ground could see it. Plus, he has the front to come and recognise the fans, always hands over his shirt to young supporters. He's got class and talent. Yes, it's been a difficult 2019 for him, but he's showing his quality again, and for yesterday he deserves some praise.

Sorry but you're verging losing the plot completely. I get that we're not great at the moment, but you rotate your vitriol towards every aspect of our club: Kane was 'Rasiak', the fans are 'Happy Clappers', the Manager - well you've made your point 10,000 times a day, and now it's Dele... despite the fact that he put in a very hardworking performance, constantly making runs and finding space... are you going to troll our entire set-up? He's signed a new contract recently too and is completely committed to the club. Maybe you don't see everything on the pitch because you only watch from TV angles, but Dele did well yesterday, and everyone in the ground could see it. Plus, he has the front to come and recognise the fans, always hands over his shirt to young supporters. He's got class and talent. Yes, it's been a difficult 2019 for him, but he's showing his quality again, and for yesterday he deserves some praise.
“Now” it’s Dele? Been saying this since 2017 when you all thought he should never see the bench.

I praised goal. That was his contribution to the match.
I’m not going to say he played well because he gave his shirt to a child.

Some people agree with my views on Dele.

You said you were hardcore and only plastics complained. Yesterday you you were melting all over the shop.
What gives?
The away fans not so happy in “your” end last night?

“Now” it’s Dele? Been saying this since 2017 when you all thought he should never see the bench.

I praised goal. That was his contribution to the match.
I’m not going to say he played well because he gave his shirt to a child.

Some people agree with my views on Dele.

You said you were hardcore and only plastics complained. Yesterday you you were melting all over the shop.
What gives?
The away fans not so happy in “your” end last night?
You do love putting words into people's mouths. Dele had a good game. He made a lot of runs throughout but was broadly ignored by colleagues lacking confidence to play to his strengths. If you've been writing him off since 2017 then you don't understand the game. He's produced enough crucial match-winning moments, be it assists or goals, in key matches to show that. He's a young talent, and he's working hard behind the scenes to improve. He deserves backing not slating.

The hardcore support do seem to be more forgiving than the internets brigade such as yourself. The support for Poch before yesterday's game was loud and clear: the frustration and despair at the overall display (with players, coaches, manager and everything from the ref to the M6) was also very clear too. You can back the club and also be angry, frustrated and despairing of current performances. Both are not incompatible in real life.

As to the overall solution to current woes, I do think that Levy will ultimately make the right call. He's made tough decisions on Jol, Harry and AVB, all at pretty much the right time - even though they seemed harsh in some respects. If he wants to keep Poch and back him for the rest of the season, the I would think he's got good reasons.

You do love putting words into people's mouths. Dele had a good game. He made a lot of runs throughout but was broadly ignored by colleagues lacking confidence to play to his strengths. If you've been writing him off since 2017 then you don't understand the game. He's produced enough crucial match-winning moments, be it assists or goals, in key matches to show that. He's a young talent, and he's working hard behind the scenes to improve. He deserves backing not slating.

The hardcore support do seem to be more forgiving than the internets brigade such as yourself. The support for Poch before yesterday's game was loud and clear: the frustration and despair at the overall display (with players, coaches, manager and everything from the ref to the M6) was also very clear too. You can back the club and also be angry, frustrated and despairing of current performances. Both are not incompatible in real life.

As to the overall solution to current woes, I do think that Levy will ultimately make the right call. He's made tough decisions on Jol, Harry and AVB, all at pretty much the right time - even though they seemed harsh in some respects. If he wants to keep Poch and back him for the rest of the season, the I would think he's got good reasons.

Are you still hardcore even though you moaned on the internet last night?

Are you still hardcore even though you moaned on the internet last night?
One can at the same point back the club, show support and also see that yesterday's performance - against a shocking Everton side - was very poor and unacceptable against the standards we have set over the last 4 years. How is that difficult to understand?

Back
Top Bottom