Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You’re giving excuses for something all the time.
What? What are you trying to explain by telling me he played deeper?

You said he wasn’t poor so what is him playing a different role an excuse for?

And if he can’t adapt to play a whole ten meters behind his favorite position then he’s clearly not very elite
He HAS adapted to playing in a different position, that's the whole point of what I'm saying, from a deeper role and the entire team playing a mid-block it's absolutely impossible for him to score or assist at the same volume as previously.

I like him playing higher up the pitch, I like Spurs pressing high, I like dominant FB' that get up and down the line all match pinning their opposite number back. BUT we don't do this anymore, we haven't for fucking ages!!!

He HAS adapted to playing in a different position, that's the whole point of what I'm saying, from a deeper role and the entire team playing a mid-block it's absolutely impossible for him to score or assist at the same volume as previously.

I like him playing higher up the pitch, I like Spurs pressing high, I like dominant FB' that get up and down the line all match pinning their opposite number back. BUT we don't do this anymore, we haven't for fucking ages!!!

I don’t care about him not scoring or assisting from deep.
I care about him not being shite

Bingo!!

source.gif

He was a very good player, plagued with injuries (mainly hammies which on the account of the fact his entire game was built on his explosive speed with every one of those injuries he just got slower and slower and slower, his game disappeared with that. The nail in his coffin was the knee injury he got playing against Sweden, nasty injury and was out for a season(??) following it, from that point on he was a myth).

But elite centre forwards scores more than +20 goals per season.....frequently.
Absolute load of bollocks. You chat some shit.

Owen:
Liverpool[192]
Manchester United[192]
Individual
(Not Elite)

Dele:

Milton Keynes Dons
Tottenham Hotspur
England
Individual
(Elite)

:dembele: ha

41 players have scored more than 20 league goals in a season since the PL began

Alan Shearer (7 times)
Sergio Aguero (6)
Ruud Van Nistelrooy (4)
Thierry Henry (4)
Harry Kane(4)
Les Ferdinand (3)
etc etc etc

These are elite strikers. Even Salah and Vardy have scored 20 goals twice while either not being a striker or playing for not an elite team. Owen couldnt score 20 while playing for Real fucking Madrid.

Absolute load of bollocks. You chat some shit.
You are right, Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 is chatting shiiiit. Elite strikers do NOT score 20 goals a season. If they never do it, thats elite. If they score too many in a season, then they suck. Harry Kane not elite, Darren Bent eleeeet!!!

Edit: Just checked, even Darren Bent has managed 24 league goals in a season. Sure Owen is super elite for not being able to match Darren fucking Bent.

You are right, Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 is chatting shiiiit. Elite strikers do NOT score 20 goals a season. If they never do it, thats elite. If they score too many in a season, then they suck.
Owen scored over 20 goals for 5/6 seasons aswell as 40 goals for his country How is that not elite?
Was drogba an elite striker? because he only scored 20 goals once or twice
But alli a shit Kevin Nolan is being mentioned as elite and almost a spurs legend and today has been mentioned in the same breath as gazza,scholes,Gerrard and lampard do me a favour

Owen:
Liverpool[192]
Manchester United[192]
Individual
(Not Elite)

Dele:

Milton Keynes Dons
Tottenham Hotspur
England
Individual
(Elite)

:dembele:
giphy.gif

Alan Shearer (7 times)
Sergio Aguero (6)
Ruud Van Nistelrooy (4)
Thierry Henry (4)
Harry Kane(4)
Les Ferdinand (3)
etc etc etc

These are elite strikers. Even Salah and Vardy have scored 20 goals twice while either not being a striker or playing for not an elite team. Owen couldnt score 20 while playing for Real fucking Madrid.

You do realise he only played about 30 odd games for them right and left after one season and still managed 13 goals from the bench

Funny how Dele can dip in form for two years and it’s ok, but no one else can

Alan Shearer (7 times)
Sergio Aguero (6)
Ruud Van Nistelrooy (4)
Thierry Henry (4)
Harry Kane(4)
Les Ferdinand (3)
etc etc etc

So let me get this right, you think Owen (who won the Ballon D'or) isn't an elite player?

You are right, Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 is chatting shiiiit. Elite strikers do NOT score 20 goals a season. If they never do it, thats elite. If they score too many in a season, then they suck. Harry Kane not elite, Darren Bent eleeeet!!!

Edit: Just checked, even Darren Bent has managed 24 league goals in a season. Sure Owen is super elite for not being able to match Darren fucking Bent.

There are some real basic bitches on here at times don't become one of them.

I said that comparing Poch and Ferguson was ridiculous. But even more is Michael owen a poacher to dele a midfielder mate

I simply compared players that can burst into the scene but for various reasons their careers can be blighted and that ceiling never fully reached.

Others started bleating on about Owne not being elite.

That wasn’t the point, the point was just because Dele started well it doesn’t mean he will definitely be that good again.

Back
Top Bottom