Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh yes he is.

And I'm saying this take of yours is utter crap. I've argued this with you for ages now.

So wait, you are saying Rooney wasn't an elite player? I thought he was crap for his last 3yrs at Utd, maybe longer, need to remind myself but that doesn't mean he was never elite.

Owen highly subjective but thought he only had one, possibly two good seasons in his entire career, I would never class Owen as an Elite player.

Bentley was only ever 'tipped' as potential, NEVER played at his potential for us or for Balckburn, NEVER went beyond potential ever, don't even get the relevance in bringing him into the conversation for comparison.

Dele has already played and performed at the highest level for us, he outperformed the tag "potential". He's actually played and performed as you would expect an elite player to do.

I didnt say he was just potential. I said he burst onto the scene young and now hes shit

I didnt say he was just potential. I said he burst onto the scene young and now hes shit
He ain't shit though.

He's playing in a significantly different position and role than when he first played for us and he's been measured against that original two positions (output in goals) he played in his first two seasons (both different roles/positions in those two seasons I might also add).

Why do you hate him
giphy.gif

Nope, which is why he was garbage at Southampton and no one really gave a shit about him until he was 27
Sammy the geezer has 2 of the best ATTACKING fullbacks next to him yes I agree, but neither of them are particularly solid defensively.

Trent is a downright liability when it comes to defending. Van dyk has bailed him out countless times, he is not helped out by his fullbacks at all.

In fact if you watch liverpool's games you will notice that when teams do try and attack them all their joy seems to come in-behind the fullbacks.

How anyone can watch Van Dyk and say he is average taking in to account the last 18 months is beyond me. He is the number 1 reason for them doing so well in my opinion.

If he gets injured for a lengthy amount of time I honestly believe it could all fall apart.

Sammy the geezer has 2 of the best ATTACKING fullbacks next to him yes I agree, but neither of them are particularly solid defensively.

Trent is a downright liability when it comes to defending. Van dyk has bailed him out countless times, he is not helped out by his fullbacks at all.

In fact if you watch liverpool's games you will notice that when teams do try and attack them all their joy seems to come in-behind the fullbacks.

How anyone can watch Van Dyk and say he is average taking in to account the last 18 months is beyond me. He is the number 1 reason for them doing so well in my opinion.

If he gets injured for a lengthy amount of time I honestly believe it could all fall apart.

Just see him as a lumbering oaf

Oh yes he is.

And I'm saying this take of yours is utter crap. I've argued this with you for ages now.

So wait, you are saying Rooney wasn't an elite player? I thought he was crap for his last 3yrs at Utd, maybe longer, need to remind myself but that doesn't mean he was never elite.

Owen highly subjective but thought he only had one, possibly two good seasons in his entire career, I would never class Owen as an Elite player.

Bentley was only ever 'tipped' as potential, NEVER played at his potential for us or for Balckburn, NEVER went beyond potential ever, don't even get the relevance in bringing him into the conversation for comparison.

Dele has already played and performed at the highest level for us, he outperformed the tag "potential". He's actually played and performed as you would expect an elite player to do.
So much rubbish in here. Owen 2 good seasons? Really look at the goalscoring records it is after all what you judge alli on and compare him to central midfielders
Bentley not fulfilling potential at Blackburn he played very very well for Blackburn and should of stayed there
Do you think lingaard is one of the greatest players to play for man u? Going by your love for alli you must do

So much rubbish in here. Owen 2 good seasons? Really look at the goalscoring records it is after all what you judge alli on and compare him to central midfielders
Bentley not fulfilling potential at Blackburn he played very very well for Blackburn and should of stayed there
Do you think lingaard is one of the greatest players to play for man u? Going by your love for alli you must do
Fuck me!

I'm not the one judging Dele on his goals and assists, please do try and at least keep up with the argument on here for fuck sake!!!

I'm not the one judging Dele on his goals and assists

He was shit when he was scoring and assisting at the start of 17/18 though, and I said so at the time that his stats were masking crap play, so not that.

I even said that he was playing better for a while back then, despite not scoring.

Try harder with that one mate

He was shit when he was scoring and assisting at the start of 17/18 though, and I said so at the time that his stats were masking crap play, so not that.

I even said that he was playing better for a while back then, despite not scoring.

Try harder with that one mate
I know what you've said Sammy, I've disagreed with you the whole time and I still do. Posting some dude no one has ever heard of on Talksport as an expert doesn't make it right either.

It's called a difference of opinion for which we hold opposing views. Nothing more than that.

Why the fuck are Rooney Owen and David Bentley being discussed in the Dele thread?

Why the fuck is the name David Bentley name being put next to Rooney winner of nearly every major honour in club football scorer of 200+ PL goals and England's all time record goal scorer and Michael Owen an absolute phenomenon and arguably the greatest prospect ever produced in English football who had his career robbed by injury and still a winner of a ballon do'r and scorer of 100-150 please goals plus 40 for England and nearly 100 caps.

David Bentley the Woolwich reject who had 18 months of moderate success playing the role of a watered down Beckham for Blackburn fucking Rovers before failing at Spurs and working full time in the restaurant industry before he turned 30!

Back
Top Bottom