Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As usual - before it was fashionable, yes he has had injuries but has not been the same player for some time

like Eriksen or Toby, what I don’t understand is if they someday want the Madrid call why don’t they play their best like Bale did week after week, then you get to go!!

Sulking doesn’t get you 300k a week

Before it was fashionable? Thats from April 2019!

Heres one from December 2017........just under two years on and NOTHING has changed my views here. At the time though, I was just a "negative gooner cunt" for my views, now everyone agrees. Sooner or later.they alllllll come round, sigh

Fair enough, and thanks.
I remember my strongest critique was early on, but I also acknowledged he was much better against West Ham (league game) and Huddersfield at the time. All I want is to see Dele smiling on the pitch and get his confidence back up.
Its worrying when Poch says, "he needs to start enjoying football" as that only means that right now he isnt, and it shows.

I questioned whether he is mature enough to develop his game because the danger is there that he is being found out. Not as a bad player, but as someone who is very easily shut out of the game if you frustrate him enough.
I dont feel the same confidence I do when Kane hits a dry spell to keep plugging away and so far he has let the opposition close him out and then he just plays for the free kicks.

Maybe my critique has been harsh, but I expect more from top players and it drives me nuts (even more so Eriksen) to see our supposedly most valuable and influential creative assets taking the easy pointless pass and bottling challenges every week.

For me, every single player is fair game. I dont care if its Toby, Lloris or Kane. Put the effort in, or I expect them to be dropped. Its no more than that.

Thats my point.

No one listened to us fans 2 yrs ago who had major concerns about Dele.....but they´ll listen to some no name journo who picks up on Dele being off form a week after he´s dropped from England, as if thats insight.

I asked earlier and only two replied. Where were you all last season or in 2017 when you were claiming there was nithing wrong with Dele. Like Eriksen....now all of a sudden, its an accepted mantra that both have been shite.
My view is utterly unchanged on him. He's an elite player, one of, if not the best 23-year-old in the Wolrd.

He's played a completely different role, as the entire team have also been playing a different style of football for two seasons now. He isn't the 2nd striker, so he's no longer scoring the goals, he's not leading our press high up the pitch because we don't press high up the pitch. He's been played in a deeper role, yet he's judged solely on the numbers he posted when he was striker/2nd striker.

The debate is how Spurs play, how they set-up rather than how Dele performs as an individual. Find me a post over the past two years where I haven't been arguing this.

My view is utterly unchanged on him. He's an elite player, one of, if not the best 23-year-old in the Wolrd.

He's played a completely different role, as the entire team have also been playing a different style of football for two seasons now. He isn't the 2nd striker, so he's no longer scoring the goals, he's not leading our press high up the pitch because we don't press high up the pitch. He's been played in a deeper role, yet he's judged solely on the numbers he posted when he was striker/2nd striker.

The debate is how Spurs play, how they set-up rather than how Dele performs as an individual. Find me a post over the past two years where I haven't been arguing this.
He is a shit Kevin Nolan

Before it was fashionable? Thats from April 2019!

Heres one from December 2017........just under two years on and NOTHING has changed my views here. At the time though, I was just a "negative gooner cunt" for my views, now everyone agrees. Sooner or later.they alllllll come round, sigh

YOU CUNT SAMMY that was before it was before it was fashionable!!!! 😂

what a load of bollocks this all is seriously

But the big question, are van dijk and Alison still average?

Alison is fucking average as they come and if he cost 12M no one would batter an eyelid and say "what a bargain"

VVD is an average CB benefitting from having two of the best full backs in Europe alongside him, a system which means teams dont want to attack them, and a solid CM.
He´s no better tha Matip. In fact, Matip is a better footballer, but he cost less so isnt world class.

Whats that got to do with Dele?

For me this is Dele fault not a Poch one, If Bale can play like he did under AVB and get to Madrid Dele has no excuse

Lloris being asked to play football inside his 6yard box is Poch’s fault, when there is a clear tactical error, this is Dele doing a good Pogba impression, they aren’t playing like their lives depend on it, because let’s face it the modern player doesn’t have to

Alison is fucking average as they come and if he cost 12M no one would batter an eyelid and say "what a bargain"

VVD is an average CB benefitting from having two of the best full backs in Europe alongside him, a system which means teams dont want to attack them, and a solid CM.
He´s no better tha Matip. In fact, Matip is a better footballer, but he cost less so isnt world class.

Woahhh there Sammy. . . You are joking right? :levystare:

Because if affects the way people react about your ratings about spurs players. If you think Alison and van dijk are average obviously you will say they dele sucks

No he isnt.

He´s another player who burst onto the scene young, like Rooney, Owen, Bentley etc, and now hes shit.

He might get back, he might not. Saying he defiitely will is based on nothing bvut hope though.
Oh yes he is.

And I'm saying this take of yours is utter crap. I've argued this with you for ages now.

So wait, you are saying Rooney wasn't an elite player? I thought he was crap for his last 3yrs at Utd, maybe longer, need to remind myself but that doesn't mean he was never elite.

Owen highly subjective but thought he only had one, possibly two good seasons in his entire career, I would never class Owen as an Elite player.

Bentley was only ever 'tipped' as potential, NEVER played at his potential for us or for Balckburn, NEVER went beyond potential ever, don't even get the relevance in bringing him into the conversation for comparison.

Dele has already played and performed at the highest level for us, he outperformed the tag "potential". He's actually played and performed as you would expect an elite player to do.

Back
Top Bottom