Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't Vardy play with a broken arm/wrist?

Hence the cast?

Did Vardy play a week after he fractured his arm? I don’t know, maybe he did or maybe he took some time to recuperate, I don’t know.

But it just fucks me off that Dele has injury issues again so soon after he came back, at the same time as Kane is off for the long term again. Just no luck with injuries at all this season, you couldn’t make this shit up.

No confirmation on which bone he fractured other than 'hand'? From watching the game, and the way he held it, my thought was potentially a metacarpal.

If so, that's better than a wrist or arm fracture. Though even with a cast on, you can bet Pep's players will rough him up next week deliberately so I hope he's ready for that.

A cameo against Huddersfield might not be the worst thing if it gives him some practice playing with the cast on.

Such an important player for us even when he is not scoring. keeps the play ticking over and his movement and link up play are superb.
I’m going to say it, and burn me on the cross if you want... I’m a bit over Poch’s “rounded” version of Dele. I don’t think he brings as much as he did when he was supposedly rough. And that’s not a scoring thing, I think he’s lost/is suppressing instinct that makes him exceptional.

I’m going to say it, and burn me on the cross if you want... I’m a bit over Poch’s “rounded” version of Dele. I don’t think he brings as much as he did when he was supposedly rough. And that’s not a scoring thing, I think he’s lost/is suppressing instinct that makes him exceptional.
I kinda know what you mean. I was thinking this the other day. People used to shit on Dele for taking risks and giving the ball away, but I think he was much more dangerous when he played like that; this season he's been a lot more reserved and not the instinctive, expressive attacking threat he used to be. He is not a central midfielder, he is a creative forward, and last season he looked like he was becoming a real goal scorer too. I hate that he is playing so deep for club and country, and seems to have lost some of the edge he once had.

I kinda know what you mean. I was thinking this the other day. People used to shit on Dele for taking risks and giving the ball away, but I think he was much more dangerous when he played like that; this season he's been a lot more reserved and not the instinctive, expressive attacking threat he used to be. He is not a central midfielder, he is a creative forward, and last season he looked like he was becoming a real goal scorer too. I hate that he is playing so deep for club and country, and seems to have lost some of the edge he once had.
So you know exactly what I mean
:dembelelol:

maybe it is better for him in the longer-run to play slightly deeper. Kane and Son are both stereotypes of effective forward in different moulds, but alli is a different type. He has a good range of passing hence may do well floating behind the forwards.

Back
Top Bottom