Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A few deft touches and flicks today and desperately trying to wind up Walker.

Should have been awarded the penalty against Walker, but ultimately very disappointing.

OK he's coming back from injury, but where is the player of 18 months ago?

Thought he was our best player in the first half.

Quietened down in the second half, as did we. We were shocking for the opening 20 minutes of the second half.

Needs to play higher up the pitch. Does fuck all in deeper positions
Ridiculous statement! What exactly are you expecting a player to do when we have 8/9 behind the ball?

He was great today, both with and without the ball. Thought he had a poor first 10 mins or so, there were a few City players who ran off him (same said for the majority of our other players, we needed to sort and organise ourselves better, which we did).

A few deft touches and flicks today and desperately trying to wind up Walker.

Should have been awarded the penalty against Walker, but ultimately very disappointing.

OK he's coming back from injury, but where is the player of 18 months ago?

Needs to play higher up the pitch I think, that’s where he played 18 months ago.

His killer attacking instinct is being wasted in midfield although we’re not playing him there out of choice.

He doesn't play well without Kane it's that's simple for me and vice versa. No coincidence that both have been miss firing this season when they have barely played together.

That and the injuries I should add haven't helped them both either

like many of our players they are not at the levels they were a few years ago, maybe other teams have caught up, or the players are drained after long seasons, maybe we need new top players to push them for their spots

Ridiculous statement! What exactly are you expecting a player to do when we have 8/9 behind the ball?

He was great today, both with and without the ball. Thought he had a poor first 10 mins or so, there were a few City players who ran off him (same said for the majority of our other players, we needed to sort and organise ourselves better, which we did).

Can’t agree. If you’re playing that deep, I’m looking at Sissoko, Winks and recently Wanyama for inspiration:
Not getting much from Dele.

Be honest, for someone playing that deep, he’s not getting stuck in, and he’s not creating.
Minus the flicks, what did he actually do?

If Skipp had an identical performance I highly doubt everyone would be saying how brilliant he was.

Can’t agree. If you’re playing that deep, I’m looking at Sissoko, Winks and recently Wanyama for inspiration:
Not getting much from Dele.

Be honest, for someone playing that deep, he’s not getting stuck in, and he’s not creating.
Minus the flicks, what did he actually do?

If Skipp had an identical performance I highly doubt everyone would be saying how brilliant he was.
He absolutely "got stuck in". He pressed City relentlessly. He's not a Wanyama, so don't expect that of him (Winks isn't too).

He played box to box, without the ball was actually part of an effective midfield block that where he was instrumental in pressing City into mistakes for our attacks (so, he was deep and yet still was able to support our attacks, that's impressive in itself, but did this with a broken wrist/hand too!!).

His first 10mins I thought he struggled positionally, City players were running off him during this time but after that, did they do so again? I don't think so.

I much prefer him pushed on but we didn't have the personnel to do that, Poch is developing a number of our key players into more than one labelled role or function. Our best players, our most used players all play at least 3 positions now!!!

This is good.

Going by some of the shit posted on here I do wonder if some people who post actually watch spurs play, even if it's on MOTD. I know its all about opinions and all that but there are some seriously agenda driven bollocks written on this site.

Clip 1. I don't want our players doing this 20m outside the area with only Alderweireld and Vertonghen as cover. Not against a side of City's quality.

Clip 2. Showboating flicks such as this can wait until we're 3-0 up. Not when we're seeking an equaliser.

He's coming back from injury OK - but no more than average yesterday (as was probably the entire team except Foyth).

Back
Top Bottom