Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know its all about opinions and all that but there are some seriously agenda driven bollocks written on this site.

I think you're probably right.

However, from a personal view, I DESPERATELY want our all players to put in performances that we all know they're capable of. It's just that yesterday no-one did (as was pretty much everything that took place in February/March). It's just so frustrating and disappointing.

It seems like another recent Dele performance when 10 people give 10 completely different opinions about how good he was yesterday and where he is most effective

Conclusion is like we have said with Eriksen they need to have more of an impact in games irrespective of what’s going on around them, they should own it

Clip 1. I don't want our players doing this 20m outside the area with only Alderweireld and Vertonghen as cover. Not against a side of City's quality.

Clip 2. Showboating flicks such as this can wait until we're 3-0 up. Not when we're seeking an equaliser.

He's coming back from injury OK - but no more than average yesterday (as was probably the entire team except Foyth).
I don't think he had a great game, but I'm not sure why you are criticizing him for this out of all things.

In those clips, all I saw was a Spurs player under pressure being creative to make space and retain possession. It isn't like he's trying to pull Ronaldo levels of bullshit on an attacking run and losing the ball.

I don't think he had a great game, but I'm not sure why you are criticizing him for this out of all things.

In those clips, all I saw was a Spurs player under pressure being creative to make space and retain possession. It isn't like he's trying to pull Ronaldo levels of bullshit on an attacking run and losing the ball.

OK we see it differently. If he'd lost the ball in clip 1? In clip 2 a simple pass back to Davies or Dier will suffice.

I also forgot to mention him spending most of the second half trying to wind up Walker.

Because you don't take risks like that in that area of the pitch. He attempted something similar on two other occasions in the game and was dispossessed, leading to counter-attacks, one of which resulted in a corner for City.

And at the end of that clip above, all he has done is play a 6-yard backwards pass to his CB.

Because you don't take risks like that in that area of the pitch. He attempted something similar on two other occasions in the game and was dispossessed, leading to counter-attacks, one of which resulted in a corner for City.
Agreed.

Not when you're a goal down and it's vital to get at least a point from the game.

If he wants to showboat his not inconsiderable skills, do it when we're three up.

OK we see it differently. If he'd lost the ball in clip 1? In clip 2 a simple pass back to Davies or Dier will suffice.
If he lost the ball in clip 1, it'd be bad but he was doing exactly what he's supposed to do. His job in that position is to try to help break the press and move the ball up the field. All he accomplishes with square passes back on your defender who is standing in the box, is now direct the attention of those four city player on our CB.

But he did pass it back, but not until he tested to see if he could create something on the sideline. If he was able to break around that turn, he could have possibly created a cross.

Do you prefer to have our players only take a chance on the highest probability of retaining possession all of the time?

I also forgot to mention him spending most of the second half trying to wind up Walker.
You mean like what teams have done to him for the past 1 1/2 years? Or what city were doing to Kane in the first leg? Wound up players can lead to mistake prone players, and he was doing what he could to be successful.

At the end of the day, it's these plays and Dele's attitude what had made him a fan favorite. He hasn't become the player he is, or has done the things he's done by always taking the sensible, square pass or by having the calmest demeanor.

And at the end of that clip above, all he has done is play a 6-yard backwards pass to his CB.
At least the tried. Who else, at either point, was really trying to create much of anything?

Eriksen played 3 key passes yesterday. Alli played 0.
Okay, and Dele had had two successful dribbles and attempts, whereas Eriksen had zero. He also had a clearance, an interception, and two tackles while Eriksen again had zero.

They are different types of players with their own specialties. Eriksen has always been one to create more chances. They are almost always going to have different performance metrics.

I don't know about you but I was talking about Dele's apparently reckless showboating, not comparing him to Christian.

No, he didn't. It was a sleepy affair, City were sluggish, and we were very sluggish indeed. The way we played yesterday was kinda similar to how Palace played against us a couple of weeks ago.
The pace of the game was way off what it was midweek, it was 75 degrees pitchside and it's only inevitable given the physical and mental effort of a couple of days before are all reasons for this to be the case. This, however, doesn't mean he stood off, doesn't mean he wasn't pressing their players, doesn't mean he wasn't box to box. It means he wasn't (everybody with I'd say the exception of Bernado Silva who had his 3 Weetabix) playing with the intensity of Wed but no one did bar Silva.

Okay, and Dele had had two successful dribbles and attempts, whereas Eriksen had zero. He also had a clearance, an interception, and two tackles while Eriksen again had zero.

They are different types of players with their own specialties. Eriksen has always been one to create more chances. They are almost always going to have different performance metrics.

I don't know about you but I was talking about Dele's apparently reckless showboating, not comparing him to Christian.
You asked me who else was trying to do something creative.

Back
Top Bottom