Defoe ahead of Soldado for Prem Matches?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If ever we needed confirmation that football is being taken over by uber hypster twats. Here it is.

:avbfacepalm:
Risk free build up that stops us being hit on the counter and playing the ball to the better man in a better position is what I'd take all day long over hit and hope. It's no longer the 90's.

If the people who thought Defoe should start are not backing the team, does that mean AVB is also not doing whats best for the club?

:saha:

I never meant that wanting Defoe to start meant you weren't behind the team. I more meant that constant whining about AVB's decision making was counter productive. It was maybe too strongly worded, but of course I will stand behind AVB's decision today and will pull for Defoe 100%.

The 30 yard curler is one of the best things about football. How can anyone say they don't like them. You have to take a chance in football now and then.

Defoe is a B-team player. He's had his chances over the years- AVB is retarded to drop Soldado for him today - I really want AVB sacked tomorrow morning

I'm not convinced by Soldado YET, its like having our own torres all link-up play no goals. But he does seem like the lesser of two evils, so he has to start every game from now on unless Ade does some damage.

I'm not convinced by Soldado YET, its like having our own torres all link-up play no goals. But he does seem like the lesser of two evils, so he has to start every game from now on unless Ade does some damage.

Just the fact that Soldado can judge a teams offside trap means he's infinitely more useful to his team mates whether he's scoring or not as they can actually pass the ball to him without giving away a freekick.

Just the fact that Soldado can judge a teams offside trap means he's infinitely more useful to his team mates whether he's scoring or not as they can actually pass the ball to him without giving away a freekick.
wasn't completely sure bout the soldado over defoe thing bout now I am, so agree Soldado is better for the team hence the torres comparism. I'm nt thrilled by him but he'll hv to do until we find someone else, if only he was some young kid who could grow into a world class player instead of a 28 y.o in his peak or close to it.

wasn't completely sure bout the soldado over defoe thing bout now I am, so agree Soldado is better for the team hence the torres comparism. I'm nt thrilled by him but he'll hv to do until we find someone else, if only he was some young kid who could grow into a world class player instead of a 28 y.o in his peak or close to it.

once Soldado settles he'll start banging them in

he was a beast in a very technical Spanish league but has never played out of it

we were winning matches and he was linking up well and getting in some good positions, there was really no need to change the system other than to squeeze in an increasingly mouthy Defoe

I dnt think us losing had anything to do with the strikers, it was a lack of creativity which was eriksen's responsibilty. I must be in the minority but I dnt think soldado is gonna be or should be our long term striking option, I actually thought negredo was a better option nd we just went for soldado coz he was taken. But I do see him scoring goals but not 20 goals a season, we need aleast one of those especially with every team we competing with bar chelsea has one.

I dnt think us losing had anything to do with the strikers, it was a lack of creativity which was eriksen's responsibilty. I must be in the minority but I dnt think soldado is gonna be or should be our long term striking option, I actually thought negredo was a better option nd we just went for soldado coz he was taken. But I do see him scoring goals but not 20 goals a season, we need aleast one of those especially with every team we competing with bar chelsea has one.

Eriksen looked lost without soldados clever movement in front of him. I'm no defore hater but today showed why he shouldnt be starting games.

Back
Top Bottom