Defoe ahead of Soldado for Prem Matches?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not trying to dig you out personally (although it's gonna sound that way!) but it's comments like this that really wind me up.

Roberto has stated 6 games for us and scored two and set-up two - and some people are already talking about looking for alternatives?

Give the bloke a chance. We are essentially a new team and it is his first season in the premiership and are not in my opinion playing to his strengths - he needs time.

Based on what I've seen so far his not in the top, top bracket of striker (I'm thiking Tevez, RvP, Rooney, Aguero) but just below. His movement and linkup play are top draw and he does so much more than Defoe when he is off the ball.

I don't know if your a season ticket holder or get to the games but watch him for 10 minutes regardless of where the ball is and you will see what I mean.

Give him time - his going to come good.
i'm not saying his crap, i jkust dnt think he can be a 25+ goals striker we need, which is why i think we need another striker to HELP him with that load coz i dnt thin k he can do it on his own, thats wat i meant, as u said he isnt in the top bracket. i never was gonna compare him to the top bracket but for he is similar to negredo, and looke at wat negredo is doing now scoring goals while linking up brilliantly and negredo prolly could do 25 +.

Well based on performances this season he's the best striker we have at the club. Theres your context.

well based on performances in the premier league he's fuckn shit

Soldado stuck a brace in against a pub team in Europe too

over the course of their careers Soldado has a better return although his was done in Spain and as we all know that league is crap with abunch of poncy blokes who can't defend properly

Soldado is a better more complete goal scorer and he offers more in the build up, it's not even a fuckn contest

we've labored with Defoe for fuckn ages and the bloke aint good enough, he's a mid-table star player

i'm not saying his crap, i jkust dnt think he can be a 25+ goals striker we need, which is why i think we need another striker to HELP him with that load coz i dnt thin k he can do it on his own, thats wat i meant, as u said he isnt in the top bracket. i never was gonna compare him to the top bracket but for he is similar to negredo, and looke at wat negredo is doing now scoring goals while linking up brilliantly and negredo prolly could do 25 +.

You want a guaranteed 25+ a season goal scorer in the premier league?

If so you are delusional.

RvP scored 26 last season.
Suarez 23.
Bale 21.

And you want a striker who in their first season will score your 25+ goals a season?

:troll:

Suarez 23.
Bale 21.

And you want a striker who in their first season will score your 25+ goals a season?

And who fucking knows, maybe he will over a full season. It's difficult to tell after 7 games which is why we should stop trying to make judgements in early October.

This time last year Everton and West Brom were 3rd and 4th, United and Woolwich were outside the top 4 and Liverpool were 14th.

I don't really give a shit who scores.

Obviously it is concerning if your striker isn't scoring and you are not getting results, but if we grab wins with a center back scoring, so be it. We have a lot of players who can score goals, they just need to step up that little extra and I have no doubt they will.

(Would like to see Lamela start though with siggy.

Also Sandro is a must for me.

Suarez 23.
Bale 21.

Dn't be stupid I meant overall in all competetions. Any way we need that type of striker coz our midfielders aren't as efficient in scoring as other teams (eg chelsea who have no strikers). But I guess paulinho nd siggy will get a few. Anyway I'm basing my opinion on wat I've seen wen his played for us, he could be a late bloomer like giroud so who knows, but let's be honest we are all just guessing.

And who fucking knows, maybe he will over a full season. It's difficult to tell after 7 games which is why we should stop trying to make judgements in early October.

This time last year Everton and West Brom were 3rd and 4th, United and Woolwich were outside the top 4 and Liverpool were 14th.

Who knows? Well, me for starters.

Let me repeat, RvP was the only premier league striker to score 25+ goals last season.

well based on performances in the premier league he's fuckn shit

Soldado stuck a brace in against a pub team in Europe too

over the course of their careers Soldado has a better return although his was done in Spain and as we all know that league is crap with abunch of poncy blokes who can't defend properly

Soldado is a better more complete goal scorer and he offers more in the build up, it's not even a fuckn contest

we've labored with Defoe for fuckn ages and the bloke aint good enough, he's a mid-table star player
Soldado scored his goals against tapas bar teams.

We want somebody who can score regulary and aginst the TOP TEAMS
We've played Woolwich and chelsea this season, remind me how Soldado got on.

iWKQat5bOc9xO_original.gif
:adeohshit:

Last edited:
We've played Woolwich and chelsea this season, remind me how Soldado got on.

Um. An assist that Defoe would never have been part of even in his dreams because he's never shown that kind of intelligence. Which got us a draw.

Oh. And AVB not switching to wingers crossing it in when we obviously couldn't get through the barricade.

There is a good chance that Defoe would have made no difference at all to those games.

Um. An assist that Defoe would never have been part of even in his dreams because he's never shown that kind of intelligence. Which got us a draw.

Oh. And AVB not switching to wingers crossing it in when we obviously couldn't get through the barricade.

There is a good chance that Defoe would have made no difference at all to those games.

1 point from 6.

Remember that season we got 4th and made the champions league, do you remember the games against chelsea and Woolwich? goals and assists for one man. Can you name him.

Back
Top Bottom