Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our centre haves clearly lack coherence on Sunday and looking at the goal again I can see the problem. Newcastle had three players involved, one marked by our right back and on the touchline, one in the inside right, one in the centre of the pitch.

KWP was in the correct position, no blame attached.
Rose was ball watching and too wide.
Dav was looking like he wanted to play offside, but Toby, in a weird position directly behind Sissoko and too far to the right, does what Toby does nowadays (and I've been saying about it for months, he turns his body to force someone (there wasn't anyone near him though.) down the outside and starts running towards goal.

Any coherence between Toby and Dav and they would either have played offside or realised what shit positions they were in.

Jan needs to come back in ASAP for whoever, because without him, our defence is utterly rudderless.

Sanchez making basic errors - he even allowed the Japanese player to give him the slip and get goalside so he pulled him back. The foul wasn't given because Dean had just cheated Tottenham a few minutes earlier - he would have had to send off Sanchez.

Bring back Vertongen!

Imo Winks-Sissoko is not gonna work, Winks-NDombele is not gonna work, Sissoko-NDombele is not gonna work. All these 3 players need a partner that knows how to defend.

I am not sure how Poch sees our midfield this year but we really needed to buy a player like Ndidi or Gueye to replace Wanyama.

Maybe everyone now knows what Dier brings to the team

... and the Newcastle player should never have had the ball because somebody gave it away, and, and, and. You can take that all the way back to the kick off.
Well if you want to but prefer to take how we used to play 2 + 3 seasons ago as the benchmark. We had one of the best defences in the league, which coincided with us conceding the fewest shots on our goal. Man City have the best defence in the League as a direct consequence in that they concede the fewest shots on their goal. They do not have the best defenders in the World, they have Otamendi, Stones and used to have a crocked Kompany. They and us used to be the most aggressive in pressing and engaging the oppo on the ball, we didn't do that last year and we didn't do that against Newcastle for their goal and a couple of their other attacks.

Count how many seconds Atsu is on the ball, I count 5-6 seconds and still, not a single Tottenham player is near enough to block the passing/crossing lane or even engages him!!! THIS is our issue.

Awful today, but he’s not a right back. Not even a full back. If Aurier was fit for the bench, he was fit to start. Second choice should have been to play Davies on the wrong side.

Felt for the guy today. Put in a position he shouldn’t have been in.

You can't blame Sanchez for playing poorly in a position he is quite obviously not suited for.

Poch has stitched him up with that today.
It's not that, it's his stupid decisions. Doesn't clear the ball properly, doesn't head the ball properly, doesn't see the ball or read the game. Zero football inteligence.

He might have been out of position but fuck me he makes such basic errors and decisions that no defender of quality should make anywhere along the backline. Not impressed. Poch, NEVER play. him there again.

Back
Top Bottom