Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, he's still injured. Not sure if we've got an expected return date, but hopefully not too much longer after the international break.

Haha, just realised this is the third thread I've replied in this morning following Jayc1 Jayc1 ! I promise you I'm not stalking you, honest! :levyeyes: :dembelelol:

Yeah, he's still injured. Not sure if we've got an expected return date, but hopefully not too much longer after the international break.

Haha, just realised this is the third thread I've replied in this morning following Jayc1 Jayc1 ! I promise you I'm not stalking you, honest! :levyeyes: :dembelelol:

To be fair I seem to have spammed almost every thread in the forum this morning, I'd be flattered if you did stalk me. Maybe you could watch me through the window while football is on and be a witness to me actually supporting Tottenham, not City...I'll even invite you in!

Saints September 28 seems to be his expected return.

Why isn't anyone advising Davinson that he can't keep doing this? There's nothing wrong with a bit of strength on show but you can't run the risk as often a season he does. It amazes me that refs don't give more of these against him, he needs to stop toeing the line so dangerously as a defender or his time at the top will be short lived:

Why isn't anyone advising Davinson that he can't keep doing this? There's nothing wrong with a bit of strength on show but you can't run the risk as often a season he does. It amazes me that refs don't give more of these against him, he needs to stop toeing the line so dangerously as a defender or his time at the top will be short lived:

You see that type of contact all the time in the PL and nothing is given, he probably shoved him slightly too hard but nothing major.

I think Davinson's biggest flaw at the moment is his tendency to dilly-dally when he has the ball and is being pressured, leading to him either fouling or losing the ball. I want to see him be much more decisive when it comes to clearing the ball and not worry so much about trying to turn out of trouble.

You see that type of contact all the time in the PL and nothing is given, he probably shoved him slightly too hard but nothing major.

I think Davinson's biggest flaw at the moment is his tendency to dilly-dally when he has the ball and is being pressured, leading to him either fouling or losing the ball. I want to see him be much more decisive when it comes to clearing the ball and not worry so much about trying to turn out of trouble.

I only think that this kind of challenge is necessary in certain situations. He's behind Neymar, given him in my eyes an illegal push and he does it too often. He needs to work on his angles more instead of relying on brute to get him out of trouble.

As a central defender I don't necessarily mind his tendencies to losing the ball. Yes it needs work but for me the art of defending needs to be looked at more. The distances you give a player to stifle their strong points, angles of movement, when th shepherd players out of danger areas and how to do so. He's too reckless at the moment, he needs to engage his brain more.

He's young but his lack of progress is concerning. If he's at the same level in 12 months that he is now I don't see him having a genuine future with us which is a shame as I like him as a character and his attitude. Too over zealous at the moment and smart strikers will murder him all the time because of it. I'm surprised he hasn't learnt more from the senior guys, especially Jan & Toby.

Last edited:

That is a thing of beauty! I love the bit where Neymar face smacks the advertising hoarding, I need to see more of this.

(This is a foul but only just. It's a foul because his missed Neymar's shoulder and gone into his back but from where the ref is and at speed he's probably thought its shoulder to shoulder. It's completely within the law for any player to put another into the 10th row of the stands if its a shoulder to shoulder challenge).

Last edited:
Davinson destroyed Dani Alves worse last year. I thought Alves was going to explode.

By the way, for those of you unfamiliar with South American football, the game there is very physical. This is really nothing and will never get called.

Against Argentina, Barrios and the Colombia CBs controlled Messi. They put on a clinic. No bullshit.

He needs some tweaks with regards to shouldering people

1) shoulder to shoulder, not shoulder to back or shoulder to chest

2) appear to at least make an effort to shield the ball. Cutting straight across into someones path is obstruction or a body check foul (particularly when he follows through, through them), he has to run more in the direction towards the ball before and during the barge phase.

Like driving alongside a car in the same direction then swerving into it making contact with the sides of both cars.

It's not rocket science, easily fixed.

He needs some tweaks with regards to shouldering people

1) shoulder to shoulder, not shoulder to back or shoulder to chest

2) appear to at least make an effort to shield the ball. Cutting straight across into someones path is obstruction or a body check foul (particularly when he follows through, through them), he has to run more in the direction towards the ball before and during the barge phase.

Like driving alongside a car in the same direction then swerving into it making contact with the sides of both cars.

It's not rocket science, easily fixed.

Agreed.

I wouldn’t want this done to one of our players, but of course I am certain it will affect how Neymar and Alves play when they come close to Davinson in the future. I like that fear.

No foul. Also should be given a medal to make that challenge on Neymar.

That is a thing of beauty! I love the bit where Neymar face smacks the advertising hoarding, I need to see more of this.

(This is a foul but only just. It's a foul because his missed Neymar's shoulder and gone into his back but from where the ref is and at speed he's probably thought its shoulder to shoulder. It's completely within the law for any player to put another into the 10th row of the stands if its a shoulder to shoulder challenge).

I also particularly enjoy the Neymar Face vs Advertising Hoarding battle. However, if you don't think that is a penalty then I'm afraid you've got your pro Spurs / Anti Neymar specs on. It was clumsy at best, rash at worst. I didn't watch the game, but whatever the reason for the challenge needs to be addressed.

I also particularly enjoy the Neymar Face vs Advertising Hoarding battle. However, if you don't think that is a penalty then I'm afraid you've got your pro Spurs / Anti Neymar specs on. It was clumsy at best, rash at worst. I didn't watch the game, but whatever the reason for the challenge needs to be addressed.
What needs to be addressed?

What needs to be addressed?

What needs to be addressed is why he makes the challenge (foul). He needs to learn that if he's not made up the ground he can't rectify the situation by fouling the player to try to make amends. At least not if he's in the box, which he was and would hopefully have realised he was.

EDIT.

I think you may think I was suggesting the challenge was completely over the top. I don't, however, I definitely feel, from the footage in that clip, it was a penalty.

Back
Top Bottom