Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With the exception of perhaps Zabelatta and Cole I can't think of a fullback who is great at both defending and attacking in equal measure. Roberto Carlos couldn't defend for shit, Dani Alves is a bit suspect too, so find the argument a bit pointless. If we get Coentrau then you can expect great attacking play but the odd mistake at the back from him too.

With our new deffensive midfield and our centre back pairings I'd rather have an attacking fullback than a deffensive one and for me Rose fits into that bracket.

With the exception of perhaps Zabelatta and Cole I can't think of a fullback who is great at both defending and attacking in equal measure. Roberto Carlos couldn't defend for shit, Dani Alves is a bit suspect too, so find the argument a bit pointless. If we get Coentrau then you can expect great attacking play but the odd mistake at the back from him too.

With our new deffensive midfield and our centre back pairings I'd rather have an attacking fullback than a deffensive one and for me Rose fits into that bracket.

Well stated.

You forgot to mention Lahm, Alaba, Pizceck

I think he probably meant in the Prem Kalyl. Think he's improving vastly from where he was 12 months ago. Think Zabelatta, Cole and Evra maybe Baines are all better but then they've all got a hell of all lot more experience than him so you're only going to get a few more years out of those guys. Rose is still so young.

I think he probably meant in the Prem Kalyl. Think he's improving vastly from where he was 12 months ago. Think Zabelatta, Cole and Evra maybe Baines are all better but then they've all got a hell of all lot more experience than him so you're only going to get a few more years out of those guys. Rose is still so young.

If we're comparing by position, Zabaletta isn't even a LB. Gives you two guys in their 30's with years upon years of top flight and CL experience, and one guy in his upper 20's who only just started to truly take off in the last couple years.

Then why drag in Carlos and Alves? Besides, if you're gonna compare Rose to anybody it should be someone of his age, i.e. Alaba, and he can't get close to the Austrian sadly. I think Rose might become a competent and able LB given time, but it will take a lot of work as he's far from a super talent.

Of course there are better players. Of course we could do better. But everyone of those that are better are also considerably older. And not very much better. In five or six years time he may be one of those truly great LB's. Let's give him some time and find out how far he can develop. He certainly improved a lot last year.

Cole is one of the best LBs Ive ever seen *spit* but he wasnt always. Originally he was a repurposed striker and was frankly appalling at the back - but overlapped Pires wonderfully.

Over a few seasons his defensive game became superb.

I see no reason why Rose, other than Danny Rose, cannot do similar

really impressed with Danny again today

goal saving tackle too along with great alround wing play

the kids got a big future if he keeps this early season form up

He's got an engine and a lot of aggression and pre emtiveness about him in his own box. Dis remind me of a young Cole yesterday also when he was swearing at the referee for killing Snodgrass. I'd like to add Snodgrass is a fucking awful name:paulinhowtf:

Then why drag in Carlos and Alves? Besides, if you're gonna compare Rose to anybody it should be someone of his age, i.e. Alaba, and he can't get close to the Austrian sadly. I think Rose might become a competent and able LB given time, but it will take a lot of work as he's far from a super talent.

Alaba is the best LB in the world, and by a pretty fucking huge margin. Comparing anyone to him is a bit unfair, he's just a spectacular talent.

Alaba is the best LB in the world, and by a pretty fucking huge margin. Comparing anyone to him is a bit unfair, he's just a spectacular talent.
It's not that much of a gap down to his own team-mate and world nr 1 RB Lahm!:p
But yeah, say Shaw instead then who is quite a few years younger than him. Compare their seasons last term and Shaw comes out on top.

I thought young Rose had a good game yesterday. He held his position well, and when the ball was passed to him, it stretched the Norwich team, should have used that tactic a bit more often.

Back
Top Bottom