Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

@ WookieD WookieD All I was really getting at is deserving a chance. Ade is, and has proven to be, a fabulous player. 1 bad year* and its all forgotten far to quickly IMO.

*even so he actually performed 'ok' for the most part and was looking pretty damn good by the end of the season

If by ok you mean he was our worst player of the season then yes he was ok.

'ok' for the most part. He worked hard, he held the ball up, he passed well... He wasnt amazing by any stretch but he certainly wasnt our worst player IMHO.

I would say Naughton (by virtue of being out of position) was consistently poor, Parker did more harm than good and Walker was pretty awful (2nd season syndrome) all year. Not to mention that after October Defoe was virtually annonymous.

'ok' for the most part. He worked hard, he held the ball up, he passed well... He wasnt amazing by any stretch but he certainly wasnt our worst player IMHO.

I would say Naughton (by virtue of being out of position) was consistently poor, Parker did more harm than good and Walker was pretty awful (2nd season syndrome) all year. Not to mention that after October Defoe was virtually annonymous.

Oooosh, I agreed with every word you said till this point. Walker awful, really? I thought he had an incredible breakthrough season last time out, he was nearly flawless for most of the second half.

Then colour me deluded, it was a huge disappointment - not abortion for me.
Perhaps all those circles you move in have left you dizzy and not seeing straight? ;)

Oooosh, I agreed with every word you said till this point. Walker awful, really? I thought he had an incredible breakthrough season last time out, he was nearly flawless for most of the second half.

Thought he was a genuine liability all season. Positionally awful, only his athletisism papering the cracks. Reckless in tackles. Terrible in possession...

First season he was a lot more positive, had the world at his feet. Second, well typical of a second season IMO - I dont hold it against him, just my assessment. Preseason has seen him a lot sharper and the experience is beginning to show, Im hopeful of big things from him this season.

Adebayor had a perfect storm to contribute to such a poor season by his standards. The move from Man Cuty gave him no preseason, then that damn African cup of nations had his thoroughly distracted plus there was that whole turning up 2 weeks late from it. His end of season form where he scored a few and looked much livelier would have been how he would have played all season if his conditioning was right.

Adebayor got 8 goals and an assist in 27 starts last season, thats a 1 in 3 goal contribution. Terrible by the standards set the year before, far from "an abortion" by any normal standard IMO.

Rasiak got 0 goals in 8 apps according to Wiki. We arent really talking about the same sort of bad are we?

Adebayor got 8 goals and an assist in 27 starts last season, thats a 1 in 3 goal contribution. Terrible by the standards set the year before, far from "an abortion" by any normal standard IMO.

Rasiak got 0 goals in 8 apps according to Wiki. We arent really talking about the same sort of bad are we?

For me it just looked like Ade couldn't give a hoot & he was extremely frustrating to watch. Maybe Rasiak was a little harsh probably more like Pav in his final few months

Thats certainly how it seemed up to Christmas. Not sure if its true or more a lack of fitness, but I see its a reasonable observation.

Since the ANC though he (seemed to) got his head down and worked hard, by the end of the season putting in strong performances IMO.

Adebayor of last season is better judged by how he works out for the first six to eight weeks of this season. If he remains underwhelming then last season wasn't an anomaly but rather what he does when not fighting for a contract.

I don't think he'll be as frustrating this time around but interesting to see how he responds should we buy another established striker.

Got this off Carl's inner circle(Facebook)...

1146710_513349708744813_1475901740_n.png

Baffled by the BAE situation. I'm assuming he is being shopped around at the minute, which I can only assume is because of AVB's style and system requiring more of an "all action" full back.

However, Danny Rose has made it very clear that he wants first team football this season and in playing him so much in preseason must fancy his chances of a starting spot this season.

For me this is a mistake on two fronts; firstly I feel like Benny has still got what it takes to get back to his previous form of being a top 5 PL left back. I wouldn't get rid of the guy, but maybe I have a biased view or whatever. Secondly, if we are ditching Benny, then we have to be in the market for a better LB than Rose. Sure he is young and English, but I can't see him having a great season unless he improves drastically. More likely he will become the frustration of the Spurs side and we'll all be thinking "what if we bought a quality LB in the summer".

Either way I'll be fully behind whoever lines up at LB for us. It has traditionally been an 'entertaining' position for us Spurs fans!

Adebayor had a perfect storm to contribute to such a poor season by his standards. The move from Man Cuty gave him no preseason, then that damn African cup of nations had his thoroughly distracted plus there was that whole turning up 2 weeks late from it. His end of season form where he scored a few and looked much livelier would have been how he would have played all season if his conditioning was right.
But this is the entire crux of the argument. He was in poor condition because he didn't train. That isn't Citeh's fault. He knew he was going to a new club... us... and he knew that we needed him fit for the new season. He chose not to be ready as he was sulking at Citeh's treatment of him, rather than focusing on being ready to play for his new club. You could argue that his injury was because he was out of condition (very spurious) and then that he failed to get back to match fitness because he was never really fit in the first place (pretty much nailed on)... Then at a time when we absolutely needed his head in the game after Christmas, he decided to have a holiday.

This man gets paid well in excess of £100k per WEEK. If you can excuse him for being so unprofessional when he takes so much money our of your pocket, you're a much better man than me.

Danny Rose is not starting eleven quality, end of. Not for us anyway, there are reasons he was Sunderland's best player, the main reason being that he was at Sunderland. It would be a step sideways at best to replace BAE with Rose, probably more of a step back though.

Back
Top Bottom