Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Alaba is the best LB in the world, and by a pretty fucking huge margin. Comparing anyone to him is a bit unfair, he's just a spectacular talent.

If we aren't including Lahm then I might agree. But if we are talking about today's quality and not potential, I don't think Cole is THAT far behind.

Marcelo, Coentrao and Alba are all quality too, think it's a tad early to be calling Alaba by far the best in the world tbh

Rose is showing very positive signs and going from strength to strength. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say on current form he could develop into one of the worlds best LBs. Time will tell and all that but the signs are currently good.

Marcelo, Coentrao and Alba are all quality too, think it's a tad early to be calling Alaba by far the best in the world tbh

Rose is showing very positive signs and going from strength to strength. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say on current form he could develop into one of the worlds best LBs. Time will tell and all that but the signs are currently good.
Dude, Alaba is rated better by Lahm on stats and when you watch him play he's even better... He's a once in a century talent, he's the defensive Messi for crying out loud...

Dude, Alaba is rated better by Lahm on stats and when you watch him play he's even better... He's a once in a century talent, he's the defensive Messi for crying out loud...

defensive Messi, once in a century talent :avblol:

WALOB

the 21 year old kid is good but lets see him do it for afew seasons first before we start throwing stupid labels at him

defensive Messi, once in a century talent :avblol:

WALOB

the 21 year old kid is good but lets see him do it for afew seasons first before we start throwing stupid labels at him
he's been at it for two-three seasons already. I mean for gods sake he's THE penalty taker for a team full of attacking superstars and has been for over a year. I've never ever seen a 20 year old be as composed in super matches (cup finals etc) as he is and he's not afraid of anything, he just goes at it both ways

he's been at it for two-three seasons already. I mean for gods sake he's THE penalty taker for a team full of attacking superstars and has been for over a year. I've never ever seen a 20 year old be as composed in super matches (cup finals etc) as he is and he's not afraid of anything, he just goes at it both ways
:ledleylick:

Yeah, you guys clearly don't watch much Bayern or Bundesliga. Alaba is an absolutely spectacular player, irregardless of age. He's better now than Lahm ever has been, and I'm a guy that rates Lahm extremely highly.

There isn't another LB in the world even comparable to him right now, and probably hasn't been in a generation at least.

Bayern faced Real Madrid in a penalty shootout in the CL semi-finals two seasons ago. Alaba was the guy that Bayern chose to send up first ... he didn't even blink and buried it.

He was 19 years old.

He's been an elite fullback since he was 18 years old playing on loan at Hoffenheim, where he was so good that Bayern knew they had to make room for him and refigured their back 4 to make sure they had him on the field the following season. Acting like he hasn't been this good for a while is wrong - he's been terrific for going on his 4th season now.

There's a reason that Lahm no longer plays LB for Bayern, and has to play out of position at RB (or DM even, as he did last week).
Lahm is not played out of position at RB though, he's better there than at LB imo. And Pep is kind of an idiot for using him at DM if you ask me, he's been making some weird choice formation and player wise at BM...

Yeah, you guys clearly don't watch much Bayern or Bundesliga. Alaba is an absolutely spectacular player, irregardless of age. He's better now than Lahm ever has been, and I'm a guy that rates Lahm extremely highly.

There isn't another LB in the world even comparable to him right now, and probably hasn't been in a generation at least.

Garrido, Norwich.

:avbdamn:

His return cannot come soon enough.

Funny that lots were unsure about him prior to the season starting but having seen the alternatives we have available...

Is Benoit really at QPR (lol)?

Back
Top Bottom