Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hello mate, this bloke runs a blog on all football clubs finances and does detailed analysis of each club. Similar to what you have done.
The money we had in our account you refer to has already been spent on the stadium. I got Woolwich's cash balance wrong, this is what it is and it only gets bigger year after year.

Well, I don't know where he's got his numbers from. I've double checked and come to the conclusion he's a gooner.
All the cash balances match between his graph and my chart except Woolwich. I have used exactly the same number from their accounts as for everyone else. Make of that what you will. I'm not interpreting or adding up any figures merely copying totals. I would post the abbreviated accounts here but they are massive, and massively dull.

::EDIT:: Ah - cheers shempz shempz . I'll have a further look into it.

I think it's amazing that Levy managed to accumulate £173m in cash whilst still improving us in the way he has.

Admittedly, Poch has played a huge part in that too, but still ...

Well, I don't know where he's got his numbers from. I've double checked and come to the conclusion he's a gooner.
All the cash balances match between his graph and my chart except Woolwich. I have used exactly the same number from their accounts as for everyone else. Make of that what you will. I'm not interpreting or adding up any figures merely copying totals. I would post the abbreviated accounts here but they are massive, and massively dull.

::EDIT:: Ah - cheers shempz shempz . I'll have a further look into it.
He is a gooner.

There are things to worry about and things not to worry about.

In the latter category you'll find Rose leaving. He's like Poch's son. Won't happen.

Yeh, pretty calm about this as rumours go...

That comment about players leaving was so blatantly just a PC-comment to questions he was asked specifically with the Walker rumours in mind...

Any denial-strategy would just look silly on his part. Meanwhile, common sense would dictate, he's not gonna express his opinion either way thru respect for club AND fellow pro's.

(Having listened to the whole interview too, I think Danny was quite cautious not to let his guard down because he was amongst friends - i.e. Jenas.)

Interesting point "Tottenham shut down" Rose enquiry not interested in doing business! Thus meaning the Walker deal Tottenham did want to do business? So depending the player Tottenham have the final say unless said player downs tools and makes things awkward then that's a different story but the outcome will be the player leaves. But it's good to here Tottenham wont be taken for mugs they call the shots,which it should be.

Agreed.

Can't say we havent encouraged them tho....

I don't agree that we have encouraged them to be honest. Selling a RB for supposedly ~50MM isn't exactly putting a "we're open for business" sign out front.

I don't blame them for asking the question because what team wouldn't want the pair, or many of our players for that matter? Much easier than developing your own. That being said, that does take a lot of gall that their assumption is that we're so desperate to offload quality players to another competitive PL team.

I don't agree that we have encouraged them to be honest. Selling a RB for supposedly ~50MM isn't exactly putting a "we're open for business" sign out front.

I don't blame them for asking the question because what team wouldn't want the pair, or many of our players for that matter? Much easier than developing your own. That being said, that does take a lot of gall that their assumption is that we're so desperate to offload quality players to another competitive PL team.

When dealing with 'infinite' wealth it amounts to a green light to try.

As many concur... Everyone has a price... Id rather not put that theory to the test.

That's made my piss boil.
The greedy cunts. I'm genuinely beginning to wonder if top level football is worth watching anymore when you have shit clubs with no proper history buying their way to everything. Throwing their financial weight around to unsettle the competition. I'm not suggesting Spurs are any better when it comes to dealing with less wealthy clubs (we have had our moments down the years) but as a Spurs fan it just seems that the financially doped shitbags just throw enough money out there to weaken the teams on their radar. Of the big 5 or 6 clubs, we must be seen as the easiest to pick off because of the new stadium & our wage ceiling. Let's just hope that nobody else has their head turned now.

:avbfu:

Back
Top Bottom