Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just find it odd that he picked pretty much the only two players who didn't get injured to highlight our lack of depth.

What if Dele or Eriksen got injured?

What if Kane missed 11 weeks? Lamela 10 months....what if Jan and Toby were injured?
Rose himself missed 4 months....Dembele 6 weeks suspended, Walker 3 weeks.
We just beat Leicester 6-1 away and Eriksen didn't a game....

Pisses me off to be honest. Chelsea would have finished 10th with half those injuries.

What marquee signings do we need Danny?

The team just won 12 of the last 13 games without you. Maybe reign it in a bit..

Me too, if we bought Dele or Kane for £100 million they would have been marquee signings but because they came from the youth team/MK Dons they are not but you still have the same players.

We defiantley need more squad depth but Sessegnon or Lemar could provide it, doesn't have to be an unlikely target like Isco. More about getting the balance and mentality of the squad right and playing on Wembley next season some pace to exploit the large pitch.

More likely that the 'star' players feel that they are pulling the strings and lack of quality in depth (as Rose candidly states) might stop them from winning something.

Also, Poch can certainly prioritise the most likely path to silverware. Fucks sake, even Woolwich have something shiny to flash about after their mediocre season.
I really do see your point but I just don't see us as that one man team anymore.
Seriously which one player can feel like he's doing all the work?
This squad is the epitome of team effort, and Rose was talking shit about lack of depth.....how's Davies doing Danny?

I agree we need back up, but that's only because the likes of Wimmer, Nkoudou, NJie and Onomah don't get used so it's pointless having them.

Sounds silly lil old me disagreeing with Rose, but this marquee signing stuff is a tad insulting to his team mates in my opinion

Last edited:
I really do see your point but I just don't see us as that one man team anymore.
This squad is the epitome of team effort, and Rose was taking shit abut lack of depth.....how's Davies doing Danny?

I agree we need back up, but that's only because the likes of Wimmer, Nkoudou, NJie and Onomah don't get used so it's pointless having them.

Sounds silly lil old me disagreeing with Rose, but this marquee signing stuff is a tad insulting to his team mates in my opinion

Maybe get Dani Alves to replace Walker, that would be 100% marquee.

This squad is the epitome of team effort, and Rose was talking shit about lack of depth.....how's Davies doing Danny?

Fair enough, Poch does say it's all about mentality. You would have though his adopted son would be more in line with that?

Even Pochettino has publicly said we need better squad depth. A long time before Rose.
What we have got is Nkoudo, Janssen and Wanyama.
Marquee signings command marquee wages though.

If you are in a game and things aren't going great, and the substitution board comes up and it's Sissoko, or GKN, Janssen, or whoever then you are going to think your squad depth can be improved. Hard to argue with it to be honest. I think we've been a little unfortunate in as much as Lamela has been injured because if someone of his calibre were coming on or starting so that another quality player was on the bench instead, then things would have seemed better this season.

I hope we get rid of just a couple of players that haven't worked out and buy two or three really good solid replacements. Say a promising teenager, a player who has proven himself as quality at another club like Ajax and a top marquee signing, whoever that is...the last one is very difficult though for lots of reasons.

We lost more cup matches than league matches last season. A big part of the reason for that was the first 11 were saved for league matches and the replacements/rotation players were not good enough. Therefore if we are to win silverware (cups) then we need better players that can rotate for cup matches or squad depth. It also requires a rethink of priorities by Poch/Levy to not always play the best team in the league. Say we had Bournemouth at home on Saturday followed by Barcelona away on Tuesday. We either play strongest 11 in both and they will be tired or rotate and surely we should play the weaker team against Bournemouth and not Barcelona.

We lost more cup matches than league matches last season. A big part of the reason for that was the first 11 were saved for league matches and the replacements/rotation players were not good enough. Therefore if we are to win silverware (cups) then we need better players that can rotate for cup matches or squad depth. It also requires a rethink of priorities by Poch/Levy to not always play the best team in the league. Say we had Bournemouth at home on Saturday followed by Barcelona away on Tuesday. We either play strongest 11 in both and they will be tired or rotate and surely we should play the weaker team against Bournemouth and not Barcelona.
Can't think of a single manager that has done that. Even Championship and League 1 managers played weakened squads in FA Cup.

I see that odious little Piers Morgan rag the Daily Mirror is peddling more anti Spurs shit ... They've simply cut and pasted the Kyle Walker to Man City story and replaced it with Rise to Man Utd ... COS THEYRE BOTH FROM THE NORTH!
WIth that logic... I expect 80% of players to move clubs this Summer (which will be "a difficult one for Spurs" according to the Daily Shitter!
Gooner pricks !

WIth that logic... I expect 80% of players to move clubs this Summer (which will be "a difficult one for Spurs" according to the Daily Shitter!
Gooner pricks !
To be fair mate, unless we address our stifling wage structure and move with the times it will be a difficult summer. Poch has miraculously moulded a team of A* players on B+ wages. It's not just the mirror, pretty much every paper and pundit, including ex Spurs, are saying the same thing

To be fair mate, unless we address our stifling wage structure and move with the times it will be a difficult summer. Poch has miraculously moulded a team of A* players on B+ wages. It's not just the mirror, pretty much every paper and pundit, including ex Spurs, are saying the same thing

Equally what we can't do as a club is go mad with how much we pay players.

I do believe some kibd of overhaul is needed and that maybe within that an uplift for those who have become the mainstay of the team is needed.

However I believe it is less our "stifling wage structure" and more the mind-boggling numbers that 3 or 4 clubs are prepared to throw at footballers that makes it a more difficult situation than our standing and overall trajectory deserve.

Equally what we can't do as a club is go mad with how much we pay players.

I do believe some kibd of overhaul is needed and that maybe within that an uplift for those who have become the mainstay of the team is needed.

However I believe it is less our "stifling wage structure" and more the mind-boggling numbers that 3 or 4 clubs are prepared to throw at footballers that makes it a more difficult situation than our standing and overall trajectory deserve.
Yes, but considering most of our "superstars " are home grown or signed for miniscule fees, you would think the club would be able to offer top dollar wages if that's what it takes to keep them. Take Harry Kane for example. There are clubs that would probably be prepared to pay upwards of 80million for him AND double his wages. We paid fuck all for him, so surely we could afford to pay him what his current market value suggests he deserves. We are a big club after all.

Yes, but considering most of our "superstars " are home grown or signed for miniscule fees, you would think the club would be able to offer top dollar wages if that's what it takes to keep them. Take Harry Kane for example. There are clubs that would probably be prepared to pay upwards of 80million for him AND double his wages. We paid fuck all for him, so surely we could afford to pay him what his current market value suggests he deserves. We are a big club after all.

I wasn't aware you worked in payroll at the club?

:kanehand:

(I.e. too much assumption, 0% fact)

Im tired of the greed in the game.....if 80 grand a week is too little just fuck off then.
We talk about rich owners destroying the game and ticket prices etc but the simple fact is that no one has raped the game more than footballers and their disgusting demands.
Sorry, if you want more money, stop giving your slimey agents millions and millions of your hard earned cash to broker deals that you could very easily do yourself.

Makes me laugh.....
Adidas "hi there Beckham, do you want 300m to wear our clothes?"

Beckham: "yep"

Easy as that but they pay agents to tell them it's a good idea to make lots of money. Err, don't you know that yourself?

I'm all for universal wage caps and mandatory player representation by the PFA.

Football is not about players holding our clubs to ransom......they earn despicable amounts as it is.

Ten grand a week is obscene money, but we are looking at it like they would be homeless from it. Time the players stopped milking us.

Im tired of the greed in the game.....if 80 grand a week is too little just fuck off then.
We talk about rich owners destroying the game and ticket prices etc but the simple fact is that no one has raped the game more than footballers and their disgusting demands.
Sorry, if you want more money, stop giving your slimey agents millions and millions of your hard earned cash to broker deals that you could very easily do yourself.

Makes me laugh.....
Adidas "hi there Beckham, do you want 300m to wear our clothes?"

Beckham: "yep"

Easy as that but they pay agents to tell them it's a good idea to make lots of money. Err, don't you know that yourself?

I'm all for universal wage caps and mandatory player representation by the PFA.

Football is not about players holding our clubs to ransom......they earn despicable amounts as it is.

Ten grand a week is obscene money, but we are looking at it like they would be homeless from it. Time the players stopped milking us.
I've been a fan of wage capping for years, because I think it levels the playing field for everyone.

I also think the idea of the players paying the PFA for representation across the board is a great idea. The amount of money paid to agents is staggering & would be far better kept within football itself. After running costs are deducted, a large amount of money could be invested in grass roots football & youth development. That in itself would benefit English football far more than clubs shelling out dead money on agents who have no intention of anything than building a lucrative player portfolio.

I see the press is getting to you again. The pressure is mounting, waking up in cold sweats, unable to sleep, heart pounding, blood pressure rising to bursting point. Everyday a new story linking a player away, day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year. Pay the wages, pay the fees, pay more!!

We do pay higher wages, we do give our players more money, no other club does as much work with its existing squad than Tottenham do in rewarding new contracts. A new contract means more money.

Harry-Kane-Signs-New-Contract-at-Tottenham-Hotspur.jpg

lloris.png

Jan-Vertonghen-Signs-New-Contract-With-Tottenham-Hotspur.jpg

crrc8-7weaantyc_resize_20160906_165843.jpg

Spurs-photoshop-8.jpg

3216.jpg

3890A02100000578-3798004-Dele_Alli_poses_with_Mauricio_Pochettino_after_signing_a_new_con-a-18_1474367873457.jpg

3849343100000578-0-image-a-9_1473755422191.jpg

michel-vorm-poses-with-mauricio-pochettino-after-signing-a-new-with-picture-id630457542

Harry%20Winks%20made%20a%20step%20up%20from%20the%20Spurs%20academy%20when%20he%20signed%20a%20new%20five-year%20deal.jpg

dannyrose2209.jpg

389A27B800000578-0-Pochettino_wore_a_rather_straight_face_when_Moussa_Dembele_renew-m-43_1474540036215.jpg

kylewalker2309.jpg

ben_contract730.jpg

Vincent-Janssen-of-Spurs.jpg

onomah_contract730x475.jpg

wimmer_contract_730a.jpg

cameroncartervickers.jpg

Have a bit of faith yeah, take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Look at what we do, what we have done. Who's policy is working? Who's policy is getting the best from the team? Who's policy keeps the squad focused on improving and striving for more? Who's policy doesn't over pay footballers sitting on the bench producing fuck all for themselves and the club? Who's policy motivates it's players? Ours does!

Only two players have left the club that we wanted to keep, TWO players in a decade and they left to go the largest football club in the world, not a rival team. With one of them a World record fee and that was FOUR years ago when we were not challenging for titles. (Man U have lost THREE in less time than us Di Maria, Falcao, Ronaldo, why aren't they known as a selling club?).

Have I missed something? Have we sold a player yet? The Walker to City move, why has this not been announced? It was a done deal 2 months ago but nothing announced yet, actually the talk is that they are now turning their attentions to Belerin as an alternative! Why? We're told that deal is done, he's had his leaving party.

Relax, we've got this. We know what we are doing. History shows we don't sell our best players to our rivals, if we do lose a player then they will go for a world record fees and we will crush their balls in the process. Our policy has got us here, where we are now. Our policy has turned us into a title challenging team, a team that has got all the biggest clubs raging. There fans are rattled, their fans are talking about us constantly. These clubs are shitting themselves about us. Why are you shitting yourself about them? These clubs are behind us, they have all the catching up to do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom