Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wasn't the majority of Monacos' goal started from down his side?

** disclaimer I didn't see the game as i was mowing my lawn :dwi:but I did read a few comments saying that was the case**

They did. He was poor but then so was everyone. Doesn't mean I would drop Dembele, Lloris, Walker, Lennon and Rose. Just means we were shit. collectively

Is he really better than Behwah? I know AvB obviously doesn't rate him (BAE) but really....?

Rose is better than BAE imo. Disliked BAE as a player past season or two

I know Benny hasn't had a great season but it was very sporadic which wouldn't have helped him but ....

null_zps7691f54d.gif

Think Rose would be a better back up option to Coentrao if he comes.
If he doesn't then I do hope Rose gets the slot until he screws up - he did enough on loan at Sunderland to merit the opportunity

unbelievable amount of disloyalty being shown by some people towards BAE after just one dodgy, injury-plagued season. Two seasons before that he was being talked up as one of the best players in his position we've had for a very long time and top 3 in the league.

I say he starts at LB this seasons and is given the opportunity to nail down his place.

unbelievable amount of disloyalty being shown by some people towards BAE after just one dodgy, injury-plagued season. Two seasons before that he was being talked up as one of the best players in his position we've had for a very long time and top 3 in the league.

I say he starts at LB this seasons and is given the opportunity to nail down his place.
Idk, maybe I see him as lazy just because he's said he plays for money before, so it twists my view a bit.

I'd prefer Rose being given a chance, younger and we need to keep a few English/British players imo.

@ Furball man Furball man Most of the goals did come from crosses put in from his side of the pitch, but I think the positioning of our CBs was partly to blame ( Not having a go - Both out of place at the back and marking one of the best off-the-ball movers in the world).

I just feel both Rose and Townsend showed a lot of determination and drive yesterday, whether that was in order to impress possible suitors or just a genuine attempt to earn a place in the side i'll never know..

Rose has played well the last few games but still feel BAE should start over him.

Dont understand the Coentrao love in either. He's poor defensively and I think if we are going for a new left back that we need a more defensively minded full back

Rose has played well the last few games but still feel BAE should start over him.

Dont understand the Coentrao love in either. He's poor defensively and I think if we are going for a new left back that we need a more defensively minded full back

If we play with inverted wingers on each side of a front 3, we will need the full backs to help provide width. Coentrao has a great engine and isn't terrible defensively, yet good going forward. He would be an upgrade on both our current options I would say.

Scrap the lot, Vertonghen is by far the best left back we have in the team, I dont care if he dosent want to play there as been reported in the past. Pick up a couple of substacial CB's and stick Verts out wide where he can use pace and strength to mirror Walker.

Scrap the lot, Vertonghen is by far the best left back we have in the team, I dont care if he dosent want to play there as been reported in the past. Pick up a couple of substacial CB's and stick Verts out wide where he can use pace and strength to mirror Walker.

You seem to have forgotten the games where JV was up against anyone with pace.

Rose was caught ball watching for both of Falcao's goals and yes all five goals were scored down our left (though I think he was off the pitch for the last one) although on second look, for the second Falcao goal Fryers pretty egregiously played their right winger onside. Rose might have also committed the foul for the free kick they scored on, I'm not sure.

Did some decent things going forward, but yeah I would say had a mixed game at best.

Rose was caught ball watching for both of Falcao's goals and yes all five goals were scored down our left (though I think he was off the pitch for the last one) although on second look, for the second Falcao goal Fryers pretty egregiously played their right winger onside. Rose might have also committed the foul for the free kick they scored on, I'm not sure.

Did some decent things going forward, but yeah I would say had a mixed game at best.

I wouldn't take much (if any) notice of how any of our players performed at the Monaco game.

Back
Top Bottom