Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Being good at Sunderland =/////////= being good for Spurs. Different styles of play, permitting him to do different things to what we'd need him for. I'm going to say this definitively now- he's not going to be a first team fixture for us, and his value will never be higher. We must sell while the opportunity is open to us.

Agree with this. If we can sell Rose for anything more than £5m, and get (for example) Shaw in, that'd leave us with a better player than Rose right now (BAE) and a player with the potential to be a lot better than Rose.

Not that I have anything against Danny especially (although his recent comments were foolish), but I just don't think he's ever going to be much better than a top 8 team's LB.

Guy delivers a mean cross when running at pace. Think he's be good in a 433 system and always goo to have home grown players come through (yes I know we pinched him from Leeds) I still think there's a spot for BAE in the team but I've not seen enough quality from naughton to convince me he should be transferred
Naughton is no LB. He might be able to deputise there but we shouldn't be making plans with him as a LB. As long as we strengthen with a playmaking midfielder and a striker or two, I wouldn't be upset to see Rose and BAE battling it out for LB.

Agree with this. If we can sell Rose for anything more than £5m, and get (for example) Shaw in, that'd leave us with a better player than Rose right now (BAE) and a player with the potential to be a lot better than Rose.
Shaw will see us spank a whole wedge of a finite war chest though. As mentioned above, if it meant we strengthened in midfield and attack, I wouldn't be against BAE/Rose as choices for LB.

At the end of the day, I can't believe that Rose could possibly switch off more than BAE does in certain scenarios... That would shore up a handful of conceded goals in itself.

Not that I have anything against Danny especially (although his recent comments were foolish), but I just don't think he's ever going to be much better than a top 8 team's LB.
Well that settles it.

In other words:
Benoit-Assou-Ekotto---DISCOBENNY---YouTube.gif

Being good at Sunderland =/////////= being good for Spurs. Different styles of play, permitting him to do different things to what we'd need him for. I'm going to say this definitively now- he's not going to be a first team fixture for us, and his value will never be higher. We must sell while the opportunity is open to us.
What if AVB feels that he's good enough to start and do well for us? Do we have to sell then?

A silly comment IMO - the chairman will look at value compared to his perceived importance for us and whether or not we can play a better left-back instead.

He's been fantastic this season, Andre will keep him as he's only going to improve and He's exactly the type of full back we need, Pacey,Strong and has good stamina... I wouldn't sell him unless we receive a bid of around £10 million which we won't.

Walker-Vertonghen-(Kaboul?) and Rose should be the defence next year.

does he even want to play for us?
the last thing i remember are some comments of how he wanted to stay there

I wouldn't read too much in to that. Players are always coming out with that kind of tripe to ensure they remain popular with the fans at the club they're on loan at.

Personally I think he deserves his chance with us on principle: what's the point in us loaning out any of our young players to other PL teams, having them absolutely smash it where they are, and then for us to turn round and say they're not good enough coz "it's only Sunderland, etc"

I agree, he will never be good enough. On another note, why has every one gone of Benny. I grant you, he didn't have a great season last year, but I think he is trying to come to terms with AVB's football.

From what i've seen of him in pre-season he looks pretty impressive, he was definitely one of our better players in the South China and Monaco games. He seems to have all the right qualities to become a solid defender and other than Shaw or Davies i can't think of too many decent young left backs in the Prem atm.

Hoping AVB will give him a fair shot this season..

From what i've seen of him in pre-season he looks pretty impressive, he was definitely one of our better players in the South China and Monaco games. He seems to have all the right qualities to become a solid defender and other than Shaw or Davies i can't think of too many decent young left backs in the Prem atm.

Hoping AVB will give him a fair shot this season..
From what I saw of the first half yesterday he is not the player we need... kept making STUPID idiotic high risk surges to steal a possible backpass and left his entire flank wide open on at least three-four ocasions in the first half alone.

Back
Top Bottom