Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

personally I disagree, I like to see a big bulky back 4 and because of his flexability i adore Verts for his flexabilitiy to be able to play in that position (dream of RB-Kabul, CB-Daws & A.N.Other, LB-Verts) as so few other players of his build and skill play there. He is very mobile and awareness is very good, passes well and can push on like few else in the squad. Perfect LB for me!

Think it's fair enough to say you feel frustrated at not playing, maybe the bit about players not training and still getting picked is a bit off, but I'm not sure whether to read that as a dig at Benny or a (justified?) dig at Harry overlooking certain things.

Here's the Telegraph's take on it...

Rose, who has returned to White Hart Lane following a loan spell at Sunderland last season, claimed that Redknapp picked on reputation rather than form, and praised Andre Villas-Boas for having the courage to drop lazy players.
The 23-year-old is poised to start the season as the first-choice left back, having been preferred to Benoît Assou-Ekotto in most of the club’s friendly fixtures.

But it was not always so. “In the past I’ve never been able to compete fairly with Benoît,” Rose said.
“Benoît’s been outstanding for the last three or four years, but now we’ve got a manager who treats people fairly, and he’s not afraid to drop people if they’re not performing, so I hope that can work well for me this season.”
Rose joined Tottenham from Leeds United in 2007 and wrote his name into club legend with a 35-yard screamer against Woolwich in 2010, but has otherwise struggled to establish himself.

He blamed the culture at Tottenham under Redknapp, saying: “It’s not nice when you train hard every day and people are allowed to sack off training and still be in the starting XI. Sometimes it’s the name on the back of the shirt as well.

“Obviously Spurs have been in the top four or five for the last five seasons or so, so I know it’s hard for anyone to break through.
"But at the same time it is frustrating, and it’s great that now the gaffer is not afraid to drop people if they’re not training hard enough.”
There is little doubt that Rose was referring to Assou-Ekotto, whose relatively laid-back approach to the game has earned him almost 200 league appearances.

But the Cameroonian appears to have fallen out of favour with Villas-Boas, barely appearing in pre-season. With Zeki Fryers also signed from Standard Liège to cover that position, Assou-Ekotto’s days at the club appear to be numbered.

Rose was clear that if he did not get an extended run in the first team, he would leave. “I wouldn’t be going on loan again,” he said.
“If I wasn’t playing then a loan’s not an option for me now. I love the lads, and I love the fans, so Tottenham is where I want to stay, but if I don’t play regularly then I’m not going to be happy, just like anyone else.”
Elsewhere, Tottenham are poised to announce the £8.6 million signing of Étienne Capoue from Toulouse.
The French holding midfielder passed a medical at the club’s training ground on Friday and was at White Hart Lane on Saturday to watch the 1-1 draw against Espanyol.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Compare Rose with someone like Naughton - (presumably) realises he&#39;s crap, not good enough to start, and just shuts up and gets on with it.</p>&mdash; Bankrupt (@bankruptspurs) <a href="August'>">August 12, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

i'd disagree with that, i think rose is better, just my opinion
gaga-contort.gif

personally I disagree, I like to see a big bulky back 4 and because of his flexability i adore Verts for his flexabilitiy to be able to play in that position (dream of RB-Kabul, CB-Daws & A.N.Other, LB-Verts) as so few other players of his build and skill play there. He is very mobile and awareness is very good, passes well and can push on like few else in the squad. Perfect LB for me!
Vertonghen hates playing left back

He was pants on Saturday. Let's hope he's got that out of his system for the league. Wasn't the worst performance I've seen but othwr than his athleticism and constant bombardment of the bye line his composure and choice of pass are far below Bennys standard atm. Fucking Benny the laidback lazy loveable bastard:baeshock:

Back
Top Bottom