Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was nightmare performance from Rose.
Pretty much the only person who fell out of the group and at times really did not even seem to try. This pass back to Lukaku might have very well cost us the game! If they would have got the lead, they could have sit even deeper.

Sorry, such a long way behind Davies that it is hard to even mention them in the same sentence. Some say that "he will get his groove back" but what kind of kamikadze would prefer him to Davies if he performs like this?!? Just cannot see it happening.
If there is any chance at all to pimp him to PSG for say 35 mil, I'd buy him an Eurotunnel pass myself. Could not imagine KWP having such disinterested game for us. And at the same time, does anyone remember, when did Danny had last really good game?? I don't seem to remember. Most likely have to look at tail end of 2016 or start of 2017.
he's been riding on his 2016-17 performances for a while. looked anonymous since

It was nightmare performance from Rose.
Pretty much the only person who fell out of the group and at times really did not even seem to try. This pass back to Lukaku might have very well cost us the game! If they would have got the lead, they could have sit even deeper.

Sorry, such a long way behind Davies that it is hard to even mention them in the same sentence. Some say that "he will get his groove back" but what kind of kamikadze would prefer him to Davies if he performs like this?!? Just cannot see it happening.
If there is any chance at all to pimp him to PSG for say 35 mil, I'd buy him an Eurotunnel pass myself. Could not imagine KWP having such disinterested game for us. And at the same time, does anyone remember, when did Danny had last really good game?? I don't seem to remember. Most likely have to look at tail end of 2016 or start of 2017.

I am always happy to slate the guy but will categorically say I have never seen him not try.

For how long does Davies have to be better, before he is just considered better?

That said I hope Rose keeps his place. Show some faith in him for a few games.

Well, if he really wants back north he should go to Leeds if they somehow manage to go up. Would be a hero there, homegrown and he knows how to play for a coach like Bielsa. I could see them spend a bit for him, as he is a local lad. And we wouldn't strengthen a rival.

I think any idea that Rose could ever get back to his scintillating 15/16 best is out the window. Personal problems, fitness and injury issues, a solid player infront of him and not getting any younger. He's been back from injury for near on a year now and hasn't worked his way back in the team and looks nothing like the player he was 2 and a half years ago.

In all honesty, I prefer us to have a lung bursting wing back in Rose over Davies. I think it suits us better and it's pleasing on the eye but it's hard to argue that Rose is any better in terms of output for our team.

Davies can't start every game - we need Rose to be healthy and confident. The thought of the December-February crunch of 2 domestic cops, Champions League and the holiday schedule already is giving me nightmares.

:pochfacepalm:

I like Davies, solid player.. but Rose (when he find that top form) is our number one LB.

Haha, whatta joke.
But heck, I know that there is strong contingent here who are secretly track and field fans and just like the runners. Don't have to have an output in any form, but flashy runs beat everything else! :D If you fit this description then for you - yes, Rose is superior as he has better sprinting speed. Congratz. But when it comes to all around footballer - Davies is heads above Rose.

Haha, whatta joke.
But heck, I know that there is strong contingent here who are secretly track and field fans and just like the runners. Don't have to have an output in any form, but flashy runs beat everything else! :D If you fit this description then for you - yes, Rose is superior as he has better sprinting speed. Congratz. But when it comes to all around footballer - Davies is heads above Rose.

That hurt to read.

Back
Top Bottom