Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It just isn't.
Toby wants big money because of his age (Rose too), but Toby is class on the pitch (Rose is average at best), Toby didn't spoke to media couple of times about our club, locker-room or coaching stuff. Rose did it. Fuck him. Sell Toby next summer for 25m. Sell this cunt or loan somewhere today.
This is just my opinion. I think that of any player who ditches us, my blind loyalty is to the club and it hurts when they want to leave. Also I'd appreciate it if you didn't use that sort of language when replying to me. Thanks.

It just isn't.
Toby wants big money because of his age (Rose too), but Toby is class on the pitch (Rose is average at best), Toby didn't spoke to media couple of times about our club, locker-room or coaching stuff. Rose did it. Fuck him. Sell Toby next summer for 25m. Sell this cunt or loan somewhere today.
Rose is far from average

Ship him out and use Aurier & KWP as alternative LB options seeing as they've played on that position numerous times in their careers so far?

It's clear Danny don't want to be with us anymore and pretty clear he's his body ain't what's it used to be and that he's down the pecking order now.

Give him a new lease of life and full back on diverse FB options already at the club

Danny played 2,389 minutes in 2015/6 then 1,803 minutes 2016/7 and then 972 minutes last year .... both Danny and Spurs need a break from each other ....

Danny would make an excellent back-up but that's not fair on him, nor does it give our youth players a chance ... time for a change

Danny played 2,389 minutes in 2015/6 then 1,803 minutes 2016/7 and then 972 minutes last year .... both Danny and Spurs need a break from each other ....

Danny would make an excellent back-up but that's not fair on him, nor does it give our youth players a chance ... time for a change
The World Cup was a chance for him to rehab his career, but he couldn't push Ashley Young out of the team. Ashley Young ...

Just give Rose som cameos as DM if we keep him. He has come on as a DM a couple of times, and it hasn't looked half bad. His intensity and quick feet in the middle could be interesting, and it could refresh him.

Just give Rose som cameos as DM if we keep him. He has come on as a DM a couple of times, and it hasn't looked half bad. His intensity and quick feet in the middle could be interesting, and it could refresh him.

no thanks from where i stand.
would be nice to see danny get a good run of games going into the winter window though- to help him sell himself.

im hopeful we are able to offload him for a decent amount that we can use to fund the next signing.
i'm hoping we can get in some LWB from abroad to take is place (Grimaldo?)- we could really use a marauding wing back when laying siege to bus-parkers.

Whilst that is true, it was more down to Southgate being a nob than Ashley Young being better than Danny Rose. Having said that, Danny Rose can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

To be fair, Rose started 2 games at the World Cup and was at fault for 2 goals. Youngs set pieces were probably a good reason as to why he was picked considering it was a key part of our game.

To be fair, Rose started 2 games at the World Cup and was at fault for 2 goals. Youngs set pieces were probably a good reason as to why he was picked considering it was a key part of our game.
You may very well be right but I think that Ashley Young was a weak link in that England side, despite his apparent set piece expertise.

Seeing as he was in constant contact with Poch during the World Cup it's fair to say he wasn't entirely focused on England. Might have had some reason why he wasn't playing.

I’m not his biggest fan (thought he acted like an arrogant cunt when he came back from Sunderland), but when he plays well he’s an asset.

I hope he does well this season, but can’t help thinking that he’s reached the end of the line with us. He might play out of his skin to attract other clubs, but I can’t see Pochettino playing him ahead of Davies if the latter is actually committed to us.

Whatever anyone's thoughts on him personally, with our ability to buy a left back gone until January, we HAVE to keep him.

As versatile as KWP is, he's a PL right back easily imho but not sure I'd be confident enough to say that about him as a left back.

If we're also keeping Toby, we might well see 3 at the back more often which would give Rose a better opportunity to excel as I think he's probably superior to Davies as LWB (but not LB).

Walker Peters given number 16 is a clear sign that he will be our back up left back I reckon. It's over for Rose.

Aurier & Walker-Peters diversity at LB & RB probably gives Pochettino the idea that having Trippier & Davies as first choice and the other two as backup options from the bench/ squad rotation that this will be sufficient depth that doesn't hinder KWP's growth. Danny might end up staying but let's be honest, his time with us was done a year ago

Whatever anyone's thoughts on him personally, with our ability to buy a left back gone until January, we HAVE to keep him.

As versatile as KWP is, he's a PL right back easily imho but not sure I'd be confident enough to say that about him as a left back.

If we're also keeping Toby, we might well see 3 at the back more often which would give Rose a better opportunity to excel as I think he's probably superior to Davies as LWB (but not LB).

More likely that the enigmatic (being generous) Aurier is left back cover I think and KWP as foil to understudy to Trippier once he is ready.

Back
Top Bottom