Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There are plenty of good left backs out there. Few with the same pure physical attributes of Rose. But plenty who offer a more rounded performance. Mendy at Lyon, Max at Augsburg or Tierny at Celtic to name a few.

If Poch has shown anything it is that he can improve defenders. I mean he made Rose and Walker into world beaters (lets not forget that they were not without criticism before Poch arrived)

Fair enough.

Of those 3 I’ve only seen Tierney (who I do like) but have a very good mate who’s a one-eyed Celtic fan who when I asked said Rose clearly better which I took to mean something.

Take your word on the other two being better than him as I’ve no basis to disagree having not seen
so much so that I was gonna smugly point out that Mendy plays for Man City :avbfacepalm:

Fair enough.

Of those 3 I’ve only seen Tierney (who I do like) but have a very good mate who’s a one-eyed Celtic fan who when I asked said Rose clearly better which I took to mean something.

Take your word on the other two being better than him as I’ve no basis to disagree having not seen
so much so that I was gonna smugly point out that Mendy plays for Man City :avbfacepalm:
They are not better than Rose either of them. But they are good left backs that would fit well with us. and they all have potential to be better

There are plenty of good left backs out there. Few with the same pure physical attributes of Rose. But plenty who offer a more rounded performance. Mendy at Lyon, Max at Augsburg or Tierny at Celtic to name a few.

If Poch has shown anything it is that he can improve defenders. I mean he made Rose and Walker into world beaters (lets not forget that they were not without criticism before Poch arrived)

I hope he can improve Aurier

They were both bang average before Poch came in and did whatever he does with fullbacks. I wouldn’t be at all worried if Rose was sold because Poch will just turn the next one(s) into quality. That’s why I’m not giving up on Aurier Just yet. If he is willing to give 100% to Poch, he will iron out the mistakes and hot headedness. If not, he will be shown the way out.

That’s why I’m not giving up on Aurier Just yet. If he is willing to give 100% to Poch, he will iron out the mistakes and hot headedness. If not, he will be shown the way out.

He'll be shown the way out. Liability with a record. Not even Poch can fix a player who can't get a throw-in right. PSG sold us a lemon there.

He'll be shown the way out. Liability with a record. Not even Poch can fix a player who can't get a throw-in right. PSG sold us a lemon there.

You realise on average there are 8 foul throws a game that aren't called upon?

Not many footballers can throw the ball in properly and a lot of the referees don't actually know what a foul throw is. Many of the ones Aurier got called up on weren't foul throws, but he got a reputation. A bit like when Dele is fouled and no foul is ever given.

You realise on average there are 8 foul throws a game that aren't called upon?

Not many footballers can throw the ball in properly and a lot of the referees don't actually know what a foul throw is. Many of the ones Aurier got called up on weren't foul throws, but he got a reputation. A bit like when Dele is fouled and no foul is ever given.

Give your head a shake of course they were foul throws. Why would they just single out Aurier all of a sudden? Makes no sense. You hardly ever see foul throws called in premiership football. Bloody embarrassing.

I understand people wanting to be loyal because he's a Spurs player, but come on. He's a walking red card/penalty with those rash slide tackles and nothing in his history at PSG, or what we saw last season suggests Poch can tame him.
It was a huge gamble to replace Walker that hasn't paid off unfortunately.

Give your head a shake of course they were foul throws. Why would they just single out Aurier all of a sudden? Makes no sense. You hardly ever see foul throws called in premiership football. Bloody embarrassing.

I understand people wanting to be loyal because he's a Spurs player, but come on. He's a walking red card/penalty with those rash slide tackles and nothing in his history at PSG, or what we saw last season suggests Poch can tame him.
It was a huge gamble to replace Walker that hasn't paid off unfortunately.

I also rarely see the 6 second rule given. I rarely see defenders holding strikers from corners given as fouls despite them being given as fouls elsewhere. Rules are barely adhered to, especially in Premier League football. I saw at least 4 foul throws in the Champions League final, but no one gives a shit because it barely gives you an advantage anyway.

"LETS SELL AURIER BECOZ HE THREW THE BALL RONG. MUST MAKE HIM SHIT AT FOOTBALL"

Now you realise how fucking stupid you sound?

Leave off mate. You'd never seen Aurier play before he signed for us so fuck off with your negativity. We will back our own and see what he's like after a pre-season with Pochettino and a run of games.

I also rarely see the 6 second rule given. I rarely see defenders holding strikers from corners given as fouls despite them being given as fouls elsewhere. Rules are barely adhered to, especially in Premier League football. I saw at least 4 foul throws in the Champions League final, but no one gives a shit because it barely gives you an advantage anyway.

"LETS SELL AURIER BECOZ HE THREW THE BALL RONG. MUST MAKE HIM SHIT AT FOOTBALL"

Now you realise how fucking stupid you sound?

Leave off mate. You'd never seen Aurier play before he signed for us so fuck off with your negativity. We will back our own and see what he's like after a pre-season with Pochettino and a run of games.

I hadn't seen him play no, but Alastair Gold compiled a damning breakdown of his history for football.London just before we signed him. It was a massive red flag and nothing I've seen since has persuaded me he's anything other than a dud.

You call it negativity and I'll call it realism thanks. I'm sure we both want what's best for the club, and Aurier ain't it.

That said if he magically turns into Cafu next season I'll happily eat my words.

Keep Rose.

What we gonna do with £40m?

1) Buy an unknown quantity for £15-20m who is shit, then spend another £15-20m on a replacement making the large fee pointless anyway.
2) Spend on a player who is at most on par with Rose but unfamiliar with our system and needs a whole year to settle in at our expense.
3) Spend on someone better than Rose who hits the ground running.

I know which is least likeliest.

Keep Rose.

1) Buy an unknown quantity for £15-20m who is shit, then spend another £15-20m on a replacement making the large fee pointless anyway.
2) Spend on a player who is at most on par with Rose but unfamiliar with our system and needs a whole year to settle in at our expense.

Does Rose want to stay?

I honestly thought he was history after those Google comments.

Keep Rose.

We're not talking about replacing our current #1 here...

Back
Top Bottom