Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shit just got real mate. Stick or twist.
Is it?
a) Spend big
b) A "crazy idea"
c) or "being brave"
d) "can't invest crazy money"

"Daniel and I have spoken at length about our aspirations for this football club. We both share the same philosophies to achieve long-term, sustainable success.

"This is a special club - we always strive to be creative in the way we work both on and off the pitch and will continue to stick to our principles in order to achieve the success this Club deserves."
We are spending north of 100m possibly upto 150m this summer. Disagree with that?

Fucking hell. Are we about to see 3/4 of the best back line in England sold off in 12 months? Surely not. At what other top club would such decimation be allowed to happen?
John, Pochettino is behind this. It’s clear to me that he demands a type of loyalty & commitment he does not see in Rose or Toby. Both of them (& Walker last year) have crossed a line with him.
I think when he talks about being brave, this could be what he’s on about.

We just have to trust him. He’s not done badly so far & he’s our man for another 5 years.

We are spending north of 100m possibly upto 150m this summer. Disagree with that?
I have precisely no idea of the figure we will spend (surely you aren't taking the press's words at "war chests"?!?) but seeing as we spent £112m last season it's possible we will do the same this season, probably spend more if player valuations continue the upward curve:
1. We will sell players
2. They sale of players will go into the kitty to buy players (just as it always has)
3. We will buy young players with great potential (just as we always have under Poch)
4. Some will be great
5. Some will be shit
6. We will continue to have academy players in the squad (up to them to break through)
8. We will break our transfer record (probably more than once).
9. We will offer new contracts to the players we value and who want to be here

All looks a bit familiar doesn't it? Like we have a good plan at the club, one that has gotten us this far, gotten us to outperform all bar the richest two clubs in world football. I'd say it's a great plan, I wouldn't deviate from it for a second.

I would attempt to address the narrative that surrounds the club. Try to re-package the above tried and test plan into a "Tottenham are backing the Manager". But I've already stated as much to a chorus of derision. Much better to believe that the two men who are and have always been on the same page were at a crossroads and locked in crisis talks and ultimatums.

Last edited:
"Daniel and I have spoken at length about our aspirations for this football club. We both share the same philosophies to achieve long-term, sustainable success.
"This is a special club - we always strive to be creative in the way we work both on and off the pitch and will continue to stick to our principles in order to achieve the success this Club deserves."
If that's not a clear indication that Levy has reassured his manager that he intends to give him the financial backing he needs to take us to the next level, I don't know what is. Hopefully we'll see us taking risks and being brave this summer. Just as Poch wished for.
An exciting window ahead for us all
:tobyarm:

If that's not a clear indication that Levy has reassured his manager that he intends to give him the financial backing he needs to take us to the next level, I don't know what is. Hopefully we'll see us taking risks and being brave this summer. Just as Poch wished for.
As I said before I expect nothing to have changed (which I support). We will still spend within the revenues that we generate.

We have a great strategy that has gotten us to compete with Europes elite and be only behind the two richest football clubs on the planet in our domestic league. This strategy works, it's successful, so why rip it up in favour for another? Only an idiot would do such a thing.

The Club are now earning more money, this money is being reinvested into the club, just as was always promised. The reinvestment we have seen to-date has been increasing our wage bill by 27% (2015/16), there were a number of new contracts handed out last year too, so expect to see wage bill increase yet further when accounts published next year. Expect this trend to also continue for this season too, just like Poch's new deal (his second new contract in 4yrs! Our longest serving Manager in the PL and longest serving for 34yrs) followed by new deals to those we want to keep (just like in previous years). This reinvestment also went on breaking our transfer record last year (Sanchez). I expect we'll do the same again this year (I hope so because I am very excited to be linked with de Ligt, although the competition we face to land him is significant).

We will sell players too, one maybe two, who are top draw but want out because they have desires on even larger salaries than we can offer (Rose, Toby). So, no change there. This money might bring in +£100m which we will spend on new players, just as we have always done.

Whatever the ratio of player sales and player buys and new contracts handed out to existing players and staff the philosophy is the same, it will be from the revenue that we generate. NOTHING has changed other than we are spending more because we are earning more.
3T8t.gif

As I said before I expect nothing to have changed (which I support). We will still spend within the revenues that we generate.

We have a great strategy that has gotten us to compete with Europes elite and be only behind the two richest football clubs on the planet in our domestic league. This strategy works, it's successful, so why rip it up in favour for another? Only an idiot would do such a thing.

The Club are now earning more money, this money is being reinvested into the club, just as was always promised. The reinvestment we have seen to-date has been increasing our wage bill by 27% (2015/16), there were a number of new contracts handed out last year too, so expect to see wage bill increase yet further when accounts published next year. Expect this trend to also continue for this season too, just like Poch's new deal (his second new contract in 4yrs! Our longest serving Manager in the PL and longest serving for 34yrs) followed by new deals to those we want to keep (just like in previous years). This reinvestment also went on breaking our transfer record last year (Sanchez). I expect we'll do the same again this year (I hope so because I am very excited to be linked with de Ligt, although the competition we face to land him is significant).

We will sell players too, one maybe two, who are top draw but want out because they have desires on even larger salaries than we can offer (Rose, Toby). So, no change there. This money might bring in +£100m which we will spend on new players, just as we have always done.

Whatever the ratio of player sales and player buys and new contracts handed out to existing players and staff the philosophy is the same, it will be from the revenue that we generate. NOTHING has changed other than we are spending more because we are earning more.
3T8t.gif
Isn't it amazing Theresa May is still Prime Minister?

Happy? Im thrilled at the latest news regarding Poch's contract. Thought I'd made that pretty clear. What do you me to do, post some pics of me dancing round my workplace naked or something? Jeez!

Depends....if John Thomas is an alias for Margot Robbie, then feel free to do so....

Sad.

Walker-Alderweireld-Vertonghen-Rose one of the greatest back 4 in PL history imo.

Now we have to content ourselves with watching talentless cloggers Trippier and Davies.
I agree that it was a breathtaking back line, but it was the players themselves that upset the apple cart by agitating for a move. We will never again find ourselves in a situation where we have to let people go for nothing as they have been allowed to run their contract down - Daniel learns his lessons well.
IMO, you are doing a disservice to Trippier and Ben - they may not be as fluid as Walker and Rose, but they are not talentless cloggers. More importantly, they want to play for us and give their all when they do play.

Last edited:

You garner THAT interpretation from THIS:

....Honestly?

...What the actual fuck?

I always assumed your 'odd' interpretations of other posters was simply you being disingenuous and a bit a wum; but you live in a complete and utter fantasy world, don't you?

Hats off to you mate, if nothing else, you blatantly got access to the BEST drugs!

Back
Top Bottom