Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We're not talking about replacing our current #1 here...
If we want to seriously challenge for the league and CL we are.

Davies played better last season but our best bet is hoping Rose becomes even half the player he was (which is better than Davies) or if Rose is crocked then we really do need a new LB.

And I like Ben. Perfect to rotate with and with our constant swapping there's no real #1 LB half the time when everyone's fit. Just for those big games we need a top level modern fullback with pace, who can beat players and provide a more dynamic threat.

Give your head a shake of course they were foul throws. Why would they just single out Aurier all of a sudden? Makes no sense. You hardly ever see foul throws called in premiership football. Bloody embarrassing.

I understand people wanting to be loyal because he's a Spurs player, but come on. He's a walking red card/penalty with those rash slide tackles and nothing in his history at PSG, or what we saw last season suggests Poch can tame him.
It was a huge gamble to replace Walker that hasn't paid off unfortunately.
Well not really. A foul throw is also a foul throw when not taken from the correct place.
I’ve seen many a player do that. Many lift the trailing leg from the ground before releasing the ball. Throwing it with one arm placed like a basket ball. Not going behind the head when doing short range throws. Edit I also have memories of players removing the corner flag to take a corner. I could be mistaken.
It’s become a law that ignored.
As an example, can you tell me why Auriers third was a foul throw?

It’s like the corners. The ball used to have been placed inside the quadrant area . The rules say inside the arc, not outside as ball touching the line. In some cases the ball isn’t touching the line at all, but the linesman says nothing.
It’s not a goal line where if it’s touching it’s not over the line.
You don’t put the ball on the spot for a penalty so that it’s forward/to the side of but slightly touching the edge of the spot.
It’s: On the spot.
Your feet have to behind the touchline for a throw in, not over it with the heels touching.
It’s: Behind the line
When the corner law suddenly changed I don’t know. Growing up I never saw it being done this way. Unless I didn’t notice.

Don’t see it in the other two.

Just had a pedantic offical.
They do get it wrong.
I mean what professional officials wouldn’t know you cannot be offside in your own half.
Two of them when they disallowed Vertonghen goal.
The linesman for flagging it, and the ref for going along with it.

Last edited:
Well not really. A foul throw is also a foul throw when not taken from the correct place.
I’ve seen many a player do that. Many lift the trailing leg from the ground before releasing the ball. Throwing it with one arm placed like a basket ball. Not going behind the head when doing short range throws. Edit I also have memories of players removing the corner flag to take a corner. I could be mistaken.
It’s become a law that ignored.
As an example, can you tell me why Auriers third was a foul throw?

It’s like the corners. The ball used to have been placed inside the quadrant area . The rules say inside the arc, not outside as ball touching the line. In some cases the ball isn’t touching the line at all, but the linesman says nothing.
It’s not a goal line where if it’s touching it’s not over the line.
You don’t put the ball on the spot for a penalty so that it’s forward/to the side of but slightly touching the edge of the spot.
It’s: On the spot.
Your feet have to behind the touchline for a throw in, not over it with the heels touching.
It’s: Behind the line
When the corner law suddenly changed I don’t know. Growing up I never saw it being done this way. Unless I didn’t notice.

Don’t see it in the other two.

Just had a pedantic offical.
They do get it wrong.
I mean what professional officials wouldn’t know you cannot be offside in your own half.
Two of them when they disallowed Vertonghen goal.
The linesman for flagging it, and the ref for going along with it.

Why didn't Poch come out and back him then?

He said he told Aurier 'you're going to get me sacked'. I know it was tongue in cheek, but if they weren't foul throws then I'd have expected him to point that out. Or at least complain about inconsistent rule enforcement.

Amazed people are sticking up for Aurier though. Truly an awful season from him.

He said he told Aurier 'you're going to get me sacked'. I know it was tongue in cheek, but if they weren't foul throws then I'd have expected him to point that out. Or at least complain about inconsistent rule enforcement.

Amazed people are sticking up for Aurier though. Truly an awful season from him.
Because it would be petty to argue the toss

He's not a petty man

Make light ... move on

I also thought aurier was a massive let down

wants to fight the white walkers in winterfell idk
giphy.gif

Why is this a reason? It’s like a two hour drive. The island ain’t that big.

You say that but tbh it does make a huge difference.

You'd really want your home to be somewhere where you wake up, go to sleep, go outside to do things/meet people on whim, look outside your window and see etc.

From Spurs training ground to Doncaster that's at least 5 hours to go there and back. If you include the time you'd stay there plus time getting ready to commute there and back that's a whole day. You'd only ever do that when you have a day off which as a footballer would be rare as training is every day there's not a match.

So yeah it's not big deal to visit but it would be if it's where you want to live.

Me personally, I would live somewhere I didn't like if I had his job and money. It's a dream job at a great growing company, temporary (he'll be retired before 40) and when you're that rich you can put yourself in a bubble away from most things you dislike about a place.

But everyone is different, perhaps he is close to his family and wants to be around them, particularly if it's someone who will die before he ever retires to spend enough time with them.

I love Davies but on form Rose is the superior player. Agree that attitude and injuries can derail that (although on the former he’s never displayed anything other than total commitment on the field....which probably explains the latter).

What I do find interesting is all those cunting off Aurier (not necessarily unjustly) are probably also of the view it’s going to be easy to replace Rose.

I love Davies but on form Rose is the superior player. Agree that attitude and injuries can derail that (although on the former he’s never displayed anything other than total commitment on the field....which probably explains the latter).
Except this season where he has never bothered chasing his man down when caught upfield, prefering to throw his hands up in the air and expect preferential treatment from the referee.

Danny's head has not been in it this season. he and we both deserve a new start because he is unrepentant about his actions and the fanbase is unlikely to forget. Which means he would be kept at arms length for the duration of his spell with the club

Last edited:
Give your head a shake of course they were foul throws. Why would they just single out Aurier all of a sudden? Makes no sense. You hardly ever see foul throws called in premiership football. Bloody embarrassing.

I understand people wanting to be loyal because he's a Spurs player, but come on. He's a walking red card/penalty with those rash slide tackles and nothing in his history at PSG, or what we saw last season suggests Poch can tame him.
It was a huge gamble to replace Walker that hasn't paid off unfortunately.
Mate, foul throws are hardly ever given. 1) They are hardly ever taken from the correct position 2) A foot is almost always off the floor 3) Ball frequently not behind the throwers head. If these rules were properly applied in games I'd take a guess +70% of throws would be foul. A ref decided to apply the law with Aurier, that's it. It get's picked up on because foul throws are rarely given, and of course even rarer twice in a game, let alone twice for same player in the same game.

Getting pinged for a foul throw is not the measure of a player, more to do with the application of the law (whether the ref could be bothered or not).

I must admit, when I read "in another explosive interview" I was ready to go ham on him. But it's about Russia.

If this gets translated into Russian will they take Danny off of our hands? Permanently.....

All for him speaking out on such issues obviously. But Danny has never been one to minse words

Back
Top Bottom