Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Us buying Gallagher won't save them, it will only relieve the pressure for next season then they'll have to find more academy kids to sell the following summer and more the year after...the problem is that their academy was only good because Abramovich spent fortunes hoovering up all the young talent but most of them are gone now and they're not getting replaced....

Gallagher is supposedly a Chavs fan and doesn't want to leave so I don't really want that sort here under protest.

Who could ever forget that cunt Cundy ?

Exactly, he didn't exactly grow the club organically. He just threw money at it until they were successful. Got through a shit ton of managers and players in the process. Also had had the benefit of being the first "disruptor" club so few clubs could compete with them financially at the time and they hoovered up talent. Now the taps been turned off it is hard to see how they move forward now all their chips are on the table

Whilst City are equally disgusting, they at least invested in infrastructure and their academy system with the idea that one day they wouldn't require the injections of capital.
The real BUT when it comes to the Gangster is encapsulated in just the Willian hi-jack:

1. In the press conf held at Stamford Bridge (which meant it was a "special one" so it was packed with more Journo's than usual) Jose had the media eating out of his hands (the ONLY thing I give this dinosaur credit for is his ability to gas light the media for decades).
2. He was gloating in his performative best, worthy of an Oscar performance. The Jonrno's were all in toe, laughing out loud with him. Dig after dig, with journos all caught up in the charade. Hi-jacks are not uncommon in football but you would have thought this was the first time it has ever happened and we will never see the like again.
3. Not one journalist questioned how they did it. How they could afford it? Where the money was coming from? They were all too caught up in the moment.
4. They could only complete this deal by a) offering him more money b) and most importantly they had to buy Eto as part of the deal, the world's highest paid footballer on the planet at the time. But still no questions from the press about where the money was coming from, how it was structured.
5. For years this has been used within the media as a demonstration of how great they are at doing business. Held up as a glowing reference for being the best. Year after year, article after article. pre-Match media build-up showing the differences between the two clubs and where Tottenham fall short.
6. Now fast forward to today: This deal alone should see them obtain one of the biggest points deductions ever handed out to any team as it breaches multiple FFP rules and is multiplied by x2 players (probably 6 breaches so based on Everton's points deductions we could be looking at SIXTY points).
(7. There are numerous others that have come to light following the Cyprus Confidential report which reveals a series of payments worth tens of millions of pounds over a decade, routed through offshore vehicles belonging to Abramovich. As with the Willian deal, it involves off-balance accounting, hiding payments made from offshore companies to other offshore companies and then not have them shown up on their financial reporting over a period for more than a decade!!)

So, if we had an owner whose actions meant that the Club would almost certainly mean they get one of the largest fines ever handed out in the history of the game, be given the largest points deduction ever in the game, with the net result of them being relegated as a consequence, and then subsequently sued by other clubs who as a consequence will have suffered a material loss of revenue (I bet when we sue their arse it would be in the hundreds of millions of pounds) it will all but finish them.

The ONLY man to be held responsible is the gangster, Todd Boehly's involvement is just a cherry on a mouldy stale old cake. There are always consequences of making a deal with the devil, but they still can't see it because the devil never spoke publicly, only his PR team who played the media, played their fans to paint him in a light as an exemplary man of substance.

Last edited:
Gallagher is supposedly a Chavs fan and doesn't want to leave so I don't really want that sort here under protest.

Who could ever forget that cunt Cundy ?
Fine to say that he's not good enough or doesn't fit the plan, whatever. But really, who a guy supports is no more than a nice to have. I've seen guys play for both Celtic AND Rangers (our very own Alfie Conn). Dalglish, massive Celtic hero, diehard Rangers fan. Defoe was never a Spurs fan, but you could never fault his effort.

If a player has been good enough and determined enough to play for a PL team then the chance is he's a serious professional, looks after himself, gives his all.

I'm not saying anything other than if he turns out in a Spurs shirt, he's decided to join and I'd bet the house that he'd give it his absolute all.

Venables bought some very average players in a panic (Andy tub'o'lard Gray springs to mind). Cundy was one of those. Different situation entirely imo, not relevant.

They are in this shit because of the fat yank that run their club now. Just look at their recruitment strategy and managers after his arrival.
His dealings are just a cheery on a cake. Todd Boehy's just been exposed as a gambler who's bet everything on Black and it's coming up Red. In any normal set of circumstances, they would still exist as a Club, just as a Mid-Table one as they still generate enough revenue for them to navigate a way out of serious trouble.

The gangsters' dealings are soon to be fully investigated, there are enough dodgy deals exposed in the Cyprus Confidential Investigation to see them handed out the biggest points deduction and fine in the history of the game (and I bet that doesn't even scratch the surface). This is ALL on the gangster.

View: https://x.com/slbsn/status/1754425853453160828?s=20

1. Exceptionals: Manager/coach termination/replacement costs (£45m in 22/23) and legal fees (£18m in 21/22). NB: Chelsea have c£200m of exceptionals in the last 8 years
2. Impairment: There are increasing chances with players like Lukaku, Kepa and Ziyech that Chelsea will be under pressure to put further impairment through the 23/24 accounts (£77m in 21/22 inc some on Lukaku and Kepa (probably))
3. Interest/finance charges: Chelsea are reported to have raised $500m from Ares this financial year. It is likely that this has some form of coupon of at least 6% pa ($30m pa) and some arrangement costs on top https://ft.com/content/2ad36a20-5036-4018-aa0f-91c7ecdd286c…None of these potential charges to the P&L are in my base case assumptions so all potentially material downsides

Indeed but they obviously do well out of it. Maybe we should set one up 🤣
Mate can you imagine TFC doing it. Be like geriatric MMA.
Daniel Day Lewis Fight GIF by MIRAMAX

Fuck Chelsea. Send the cunts all the way down to the Vananarama or whatever it's called these days.

Poch should tell them to eff off, leave Conte style with a major crazy rant taking no prisoners! Should really take a few months off then rebuild his rep by taking over at a Palace type club. PSG & Chelsea were awful jobs for anyone.

How did all these shady deals come to light? Whistleblower?
I don't actually know. There have been a series of very high-profile leaks in recent years, so very possible. But requires good investigative journalists too I think. the story that broke is bellow and isn't specific.

I can't believe they want Jose back. 😂
They just want some form of sadistic embrace with what once was...

They'll believe their own bollocks, but can't see Jose is a spent force if he cant spend at force.

God what a day it will be if they have sacked Poch, employed Mourinho and then get slapped with 60 points or auto relegations etc etc...

Back
Top Bottom