Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unfortunately it was debt free……….
GFgItGtWcAAuqJX

The debt was written off.

But at the point of buying them they continue to make losses of £1m per week and last set of accounts had them post record losses of £121m. These losses are expected to be double, accounts due to be posted soon for confirmation

I fully understand what you are saying, but in the capacity that it was being claimed by the Chav cunts; in terms of the new owners being the diff between remaining debt free or not, it's a delusion........

They were claiming "debt free" with the sentiment that they had been run properly until the take-over which is utter bollocks.

Last edited:
I understand what you were saying, but it the capacity that it was being claimed by the Chav cunts; in terms of the new owners being the diff between remaining debt free or not; it's a delusion........

They were claiming debt free with the sentiment that they had been run properly until the take-over which is utter bollocks.
Agree with that.

Their biggest delusion is with the Russian gangster. They still don’t understand that they are in this shit because of him.

Agree with that.

Their biggest delusion is with the Russian gangster. They still don’t understand that they are in this shit because of him.

They are in this shit because of the fat yank that run their club now. Just look at their recruitment strategy and managers after his arrival.

Last edited:
Such a gimp...... It bet that, like Goldbridge, beneath all the click-baitery he's not even a Chelsea fan.... Just an opportunistic, spoiled little Tory brat, failed actor leaching a living.

Why do you need to talk about politics?

Last edited:
P

Possibly but my issue is most of those players were shit under AVB and Sherwood like Rose and Dembele while Poch’s Saints team was hard pressing, hard attacking with mostly just ok players.

It might have been those players simply fit Poch far more than AVB or Sherwood but this Chelsea team of young players doesn’t look anything like his Saints team or his Spurs teams. It looks unmotivated, disjointed and weirdly lacking in aggression of a Poch team.

I don’t know if PSG broke him like Real broke Jose but it was the right move not to rehire him, he doesn’t look the same and he doesn’t look even like he wants to be at Chelsea.
I'd say it was a perfect storm.
I wouldn't say Demeble was shit either, he was just another player who struggled under one of the worst coaches we've ever had.
I would say AVB and Ramos are about as bad as we've ever had. At least in the PL era.

I think that’s really unfair. There’s no doubt that there was a little serendipity with the right players and at the right time when Poch joined, but he did wonders during most of his tenure. Players developed under him, we made it to the CL final, and had a real chance at winning the league. I don’t think that happens with a real overrated coach, especially one who was working with no real investment by the club.

That said though I think we have seen that his biggest issue is that he doesn’t have a plan B of any sort. He ran out of ideas with us, things got very stale for him at PSG, and he has no idea what to do with this group of mercenaries.

But to counter that, we were very nearly out of the CL at the group stages. We needed late goals at various points in the group stage and the knock out stage to keep progressing. (and a late VAR check to disallow a City goal)
I also think getting to that final hugely masked the cracks that were appearing. I suspect a lot of us know, deep down, that he was partly to blame for not bringing in any players in 2 windows that season because "there aren't any players that can improve the starting 11" comment.

I say this about certain players, but you can be good and overrated at the same time. Poch is a decent coach but I can't see him repeating the success he had at Spurs ever again.

Tbh poch was a pioneer when he first arrived at the premier league. He was an unknnown quantity when he got hired by Southampton. Ive read his book and produced miracles at espanyol. Got hung out to dry at espanyol and did with us. I do think imo that meeting with ferguson in london may have sealed his fate for us. Levy dont like managers having eyes on other jobs and was same for redknapp with england job. And we backed him when he had his court case. Poch was first manager in premier league to bring spanish high press football. You may be surprised but when sputhampton played us at whl under him after game i thought that was the best team that gave us a lesson in football. They were all over us and had vvd, mane and other great players. We somehow won that game 1 nil thanks to a bale worldie but they played us off the park. When we hired him I was delighted. My only criticism of poch we conceded bad sloppy goals but a brilliant manager for us. But other teams have caught up or overtaken poch philosophy. He was with us at right time. Third best manager ive seen at tottenham. Burkinshaw, venables and poch.

That's all well and good. But give that team we had around 16 & 17 to Pep, Klopp, Wenger, Fergie, Ancelotti, Dracula etc and they will all win stuff. Lots of stuff. Not finish behind Leicester. Not have late season collapses when opportunities are served up on a plate.

That's all well and good. But give that team we had around 16 & 17 to Pep, Klopp, Wenger, Fergie, Ancelotti, Dracula etc and they will all win stuff. Lots of stuff. Not finish behind Leicester. Not have late season collapses when opportunities are served up on a plate.

The manager we needed was Klopp. Might be a dick but gets every pound out of what he has. Pep would probably have been a disaster, came into the prem with the best squad in the league and finished 3rd, had to spend another £1bn to get the squad to fit his profile, no chance with our situation. Wenger was great but he started with the best defence (which he is poor at) and was then able to furnish Arse with French attackers.

Out of that list Klopp, Fergie and possibly Ancelotti stand out as managers who are elite but unlike Pep can work with what they have. Unfortunately managers like that are very rare.

That thread is amazing 🤩🤩
Hilarious comments

This reply had me

15 hours ago, axman2526 said:
Thiago Silvas misses Bella has stared on X that things have to change now, before it is too late.
His wife is even speaking out against the owners.
‘’It’s already too late. This is hard truth for us all to unfortunately accept.

We now have no money and terrible players. We are f**ked’’

Agree with that.

Exactly, he didn't exactly grow the club organically. He just threw money at it until they were successful. Got through a shit ton of managers and players in the process. Also had had the benefit of being the first "disruptor" club so few clubs could compete with them financially at the time and they hoovered up talent. Now the taps been turned off it is hard to see how they move forward now all their chips are on the table

Whilst City are equally disgusting, they at least invested in infrastructure and their academy system with the idea that one day they wouldn't require the injections of capital.

The manager we needed was Klopp. Might be a dick but gets every pound out of what he has. Pep would probably have been a disaster, came into the prem with the best squad in the league and finished 3rd, had to spend another £1bn to get the squad to fit his profile, no chance with our situation. Wenger was great but he started with the best defence (which he is poor at) and was then able to furnish Arse with French attackers.

Out of that list Klopp, Fergie and possibly Ancelotti stand out as managers who are elite but unlike Pep can work with what they have. Unfortunately managers like that are very rare.
There's probably more managers in living memory that would have won a lot with our squad of the time .

Pep is a chequebook manager, I agree, but the thing is, that squad was basically a chequebook squad purchsed on the cheap. In our prime for a few years, how much would these players have been worth
Lloris.
Walker
Alderwiereld
Vertonghen
Rose
Dembele
Wanyama
Dele
Son
Eriksen
Kane

It's just frightening how good they were and still failed to win a thing.

Exactly, he didn't exactly grow the club organically. He just threw money at it until they were successful. Got through a shit ton of managers and players in the process. Also had had the benefit of being the first "disruptor" club so few clubs could compete with them financially at the time and they hoovered up talent. Now the taps been turned off it is hard to see how they move forward now all their chips are on the table

Whilst City are equally disgusting, they at least invested in infrastructure and their academy system with the idea that one day they wouldn't require the injections of capital.
I don't think Chelsea fans have internalised how serious the wrongdoing under Abramovich was either. Had they been caught making off book payments at the time, they would have had titles stripped.

I don't think Chelsea fans have internalised how serious the wrongdoing under Abramovich was either. Had they been caught making off book payments at the time, they would have had titles stripped.
They're clueless.

Titles stripped, possibly enforced relegation to the Conference, all bets would be off.

I'm no expert but this fraud appears worse than what Rangers were getting up to.

Back
Top Bottom