Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

dudu dudu in this thread whilst disagreeing with me said he found an Athletic article in his search. At the time it was the regular talking point on panel shows for Sky and Talksport etc.

I can't be fucked to dig out a link because it's you asking. If you were interested in an honest conversation you'd have looked yourself and found it by now.

Surely the fact that Woolwich have gone onto improve and we declined that season shows that the media were right to call it out under Conte but not under Arteta?

I don't see how this is media bias anyway, everyone knew that the performances were declining where as Woolwich's weren't declining, their problems were scoring goals from open play.

Surely the fact that Woolwich have gone onto improve and we declined that season shows that the media were right to call it out under Conte but not under Arteta?

I don't see how this is media bias anyway, everyone knew that the performances were declining where as Woolwich's weren't declining, their problems were scoring goals from open play.
You don't see much tbh.

So to clarify:

I make the point that our start under conte when we ground out wins without playing well was reported as "unsustainable" despite being top. Whereas the gooners this season ground out wins, only scored from set pieces was not once reported as "unsustainable".

You replied saying that you had actually done a google search and it turns out that there were more search results for woolwich "unsustainable" and only an Athletic article saying Conte's Spurs were unsustainable, so I was imagining it.

I repeated the google search and all the results were about Arteta himself saying his squad size was unsustainable and as I had said originally said not once was their started reported as "unsustainable". Which leaves us with only evidence of Spurs under conte being reported using that term. Proving my point.

The only thing left to answer is if you intentionally and disingenuously came back with the results of your google search for a cheap argument win or if you didn't actually bother to check what the search hits really were.

I actually edited my post very quickly to say that the articles were due to a quote from Arteta.

The simple truth is that is takes more than 6 months in charge to stop people questioning your form.

Arteta had plenty of negative articles written about him the first few years of his managerial career, questioning his ability and teams ability to handle pressure.

The reason he didn't have that this year is because he has earned respect from the media after what Woolwich did last year.

You're comparing apples and organges here to make a point about media bias

I actually edited my post very quickly to say that the articles were due to a quote from Arteta.

The simple truth is that is takes more than 6 months in charge to stop people questioning your form.

Arteta had plenty of negative articles written about him the first few years of his managerial career, questioning his ability and teams ability to handle pressure.

The reason he didn't have that this year is because he has earned respect from the media after what Woolwich did last year.

You're comparing apples and organges here to make a point about media bias

course diss GIF

Talking about media bias against Spurs is hilarious when the media have been praising Ange all season, what was the headline when we lost to Chelsea earlier this season, something like *brave" and how we should feel proud or something like that.

Bro, I'm not moving the goalposts, I made an error and owned up to it.

There are REASONS why Conte's Spurs last season were questioned, and why Arteta's Woolwich weren't this season when it came to form.

Fair enough.

It's not that deep.

I don't agree with the reasons you argue it should have been questioned because you can only make them with hindsight. Even then, this season isn't done and if it was based on recent gooner seasons, we'd still have to wonder if it's sustainable. But all I'm saying is if the media treat the two teams without bias they'd have said the same about both.

Back
Top Bottom