Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not convinced by the quality of the new Anfield crop.... I think Klopp (along with Salah) is the difference maker and it's gonna take a proper good manager for them to not drop off significantly next season.

I suspect Salah told Klopp earlier this season that he wants to go to the Saudi league - Van Dijk also hinted he might leave and has one year left on his contract.......hence it's a good time for Klopp to step away

They could be miles off for a while whilst they replace those three

Ok so a clear example for woolwich is the start of this season. When Conte started his first full season by playing ugly but finding ways to win it was "unsustainable". That word came from nowhere and was then used everywhere. We couldn't escape it.
Woolwich started this year exactly the same and really up until the start of this year they could only score from set pieces. Did we read of hear the word "Unsustainable" once? I definitely didn't.

lol where was the unsustainable thing used in the media (apart from Twitter)?

Rushie was their best ever striker. He worked back, unlike Haaland.

Salah is the best striker they have had that I have seen.. Suarez also very good.

Nunes, though very different, just leads the line brilliantly, in my opinion. The biggest issue any manager incoming will have is calming him, as you see Klopp can do.

All day long he is better than Richarlison, although our man has been a lot better this season.

I suspect Salah told Klopp earlier this season that he wants to go to the Saudi league - Van Dijk also hinted he might leave and has one year left on his contract.......hence it's a good time for Klopp to step away

Yep agree but they have been so much better than I thought they could be.

Yesterday they pummelled City in that second half.

I just feel they are like a force of nature.

Last edited:
Ok so a clear example for woolwich is the start of this season. When Conte started his first full season by playing ugly but finding ways to win it was "unsustainable". That word came from nowhere and was then used everywhere. We couldn't escape it.
Woolwich started this year exactly the same and really up until the start of this year they could only score from set pieces. Did we read of hear the word "Unsustainable" once? I definitely didn't.

I just google news searched

conte spurs unsustainable

arteta Woolwich unsustainable

There are many more articles about Woolwich using that term.

OK so i see that is because Arteta called his squad size unsustainable.

Still..... I see one article about conte from the athletic using that term.

Clearly didn't search the most important place and that's in his head.

Just to waste 2 mins I did the woolwich search and every article that can me up, every single one was Arteta himself saying his squad size is unsustainable.

Not one was a story about their form to start this season.

Did you get the same results?

Just to waste 2 mins I did the woolwich search and every article that can me up, every single one was Arteta himself saying his squad size is unsustainable.

Not one was a story about their form to start this season.

Did you get the same results?

Absolutely, but they were getting slammed repeatedly a couple of years back.

You have to think about where Woolwich were at the start of the season and where we were.

People called it right - our start was unsustainable for a number of good reasons, and their relatively slow start this season was always going to improve - they did enough last season to win the media over.

not everything is a conspiracy,

Absolutely, but they were getting slammed repeatedly a couple of years back.

You have to think about where Woolwich were at the start of the season and where we were.

People called it right - our start was unsustainable for a number of good reasons, and their relatively slow start this season was always going to improve - they did enough last season to win the media over.

not everything is a conspiracy,

So to clarify:

I make the point that our start under conte when we ground out wins without playing well was reported as "unsustainable" despite being top. Whereas the gooners this season ground out wins, only scored from set pieces was not once reported as "unsustainable".

You replied saying that you had actually done a google search and it turns out that there were more search results for woolwich "unsustainable" and only an Athletic article saying Conte's Spurs were unsustainable, so I was imagining it.

I repeated the google search and all the results were about Arteta himself saying his squad size was unsustainable and as I had said originally said not once was their started reported as "unsustainable". Which leaves us with only evidence of Spurs under conte being reported using that term. Proving my point.

The only thing left to answer is if you intentionally and disingenuously came back with the results of your google search for a cheap argument win or if you didn't actually bother to check what the search hits really were.

So to clarify:

I make the point that our start under conte when we ground out wins without playing well was reported as "unsustainable" despite being top. Whereas the gooners this season ground out wins, only scored from set pieces was not once reported as "unsustainable".

You replied saying that you had actually done a google search and it turns out that there were more search results for woolwich "unsustainable" and only an Athletic article saying Conte's Spurs were unsustainable, so I was imagining it.

I repeated the google search and all the results were about Arteta himself saying his squad size was unsustainable and as I had said originally said not once was their started reported as "unsustainable". Which leaves us with only evidence of Spurs under conte being reported using that term. Proving my point.

The only thing left to answer is if you intentionally and disingenuously came back with the results of your google search for a cheap argument win or if you didn't actually bother to check what the search hits really were.

Where was this being reported (Spurs being unsustainable), because I don't remember anyone saying we were playing unsustainable football apart from Woolwich fans.

Depends if they get absurd money and Alsonso comes and does as well here as he's doing in Germany.

We all know we did a "bale" and then Rogers "did a Bale" as well. But when they sold Coutinho, they used it much more wisely and that helped them get good.

Do you have any links or are you just lying again to save face?
dudu dudu in this thread whilst disagreeing with me said he found an Athletic article in his search. At the time it was the regular talking point on panel shows for Sky and Talksport etc.

I can't be fucked to dig out a link because it's you asking. If you were interested in an honest conversation you'd have looked yourself and found it by now.

Back
Top Bottom