Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck me, if R9 is the bar, nobody gets near him.
Fair enough 🤣 I'm just trying to highlight the fact that there can be more to a striker than just goals. And to hear some suggest (not seen here)he will become the best ever striker I look at someone like r9 or even suarez and think in terms of all round talent I don't think he's anywhere near that. I doubt he'll ever do what suarez did vs Norwich or what r9 did at old Trafford.

Honestly thought Liverpool had won 8-1 the way Liverpool tv, sorry sky sports were going on.

That Colombian clown of their missed sitters, but sky with nothing but praise, our players would be slagged off for missing

And they kept on about the anfield crowd, it’s vomit inducing.

Liverpool are a vermin club with vermin fans who , time and time again show themselves up to be classless, victim acting parasites, yet the media loves them. Probably afraid of the death threats

It was honestly ridiculous. They absolutely bottled so many good opportunities they should 100% feel like 2 points lost. City haven't been at full flow all season really and they still couldn't beat em, at home trying really really really hard.

I think he's seriously overrated as an allround player. Goalscorer not in question how great he is but you look at r9 this guy doesn't lay a glove on him in terms of ability imo.

Kane is the current and relative bar and, sorry, for me Haaland is some way off.

City didn't go all out on Kane 2 years cos they knew that had an egg in the Haaland basket..... They fucked up and disrespected & screwed H over in the process.

It was honestly ridiculous. They absolutely bottled so many good opportunities they should 100% feel like 2 points lost. City haven't been at full flow all season really and they still couldn't beat em, at home trying really really really hard.

I'm not convinced by the quality of the new Anfield crop.... I think Klopp (along with Salah) is the difference maker and it's gonna take a proper good manager for them to not drop off significantly next season.

Kane is the current and relative bar and, sorry, for me Haaland is some way off.

City didn't go all out on Kane 2 years cos they knew that had an egg in the Haaland basket..... They fucked up and disrespected & screwed H over in the process.
I don't think haaland gets anywhere near what Kane did last season in the same circumstances and level of team performance.

On his watch (euros):

Hits (at least decent):

Firmino
Mane
Wijnaldum
Matip
VDV
Salah
Robertson
Allison
Fabinho
Jota (Though the fucker is always getting injured)
Diaz
Konate

Misses:

Benteke 46m !!!
Clyne
Ings
Grujic
Awonyi
Bogdan
Caulker
Karius
Klavan
Oxlaid Chamberlain 38m !!!
Solanke
Keita 60m !!!
Shaqiri
Minamino
Van Den Berg
Lonergan
Thiago
Tsimikas
Kobak
Ben Davies (not the world class one)
Adrian

(+ a loads of freebies and loans not worth mentioning)
I think you're being a tad harsh with some of those supposed misses mate.

I'm not convinced by the quality of the new Anfield crop.... I think Klopp (along with Salah) is the difference maker and it's gonna take a proper good manager for them to not drop off significantly next season.

Same, they are for sure decent against the minnows but Gakpo, Nunez, Endo.... would be underwhelmed if they were at Spurs for sure.

Same, they are for sure decent against the minnows but Gakpo, Nunez, Endo.... would be underwhelmed if they were at Spurs for sure.

Nunez is becoming a proper decent player TBF and has been pivotal for Pool this season. Gakpo yeh big disappointment as a player, not the level you need.

So, we are talking about media influence in another thread.

Do you honestly believe Spurs could have missed that many good chances to win a game in a title race and we wouldn't wake up to headlines about "bottling it"?

That is an advantage for Liverpool.

Nunez is becoming a proper decent player TBF and has been pivotal for Pool this season. Gakpo yeh big disappointment as a player, not the level you need.

Every time I watch him I am unimpressed. He has good movement, but he is a poor finisher in my opinion and should have a lot more goals than he does playing in a Liverpool team that creates him many many chances.

Even his goals he rarely scores against top half teams - the very definition of a flat-track bully.

This season he has scored against Forest, Burnley, Bournemouth, Brentford, West Ham and Newcastle.

So, we are talking about media influence in another thread.

Do you honestly believe Spurs could have missed that many good chances to win a game in a title race and we wouldn't wake up to headlines about "bottling it"?

That is an advantage for Liverpool.

I was talking about Arsneal specifically in the other thread - Liverpool are a different beast. I think it gives their fans more confidence for sure

Every time I watch him I am unimpressed. He has good movement, but he is a poor finisher in my opinion and should have a lot more goals than he does playing in a Liverpool team that creates him many many chances.

Even his goals he rarely scores against top half teams - the very definition of a flat-track bully.

This season he has scored against Forest, Burnley, Bournemouth, Brentford, West Ham and Newcastle.

His finishing is up and down and has to improve but his general play is excellent, he presses, links and runs the channels very well. My mum is from Liverpool and I live north now, I speak with Pool fans every day, I am totally surrounded by them, he is a very loved and respected player who makes a difference in matches. Gakpo on the other hand has been poor, he doesn’t offer much when not scoring and the view of my pool supporting cousin is he will ‘be playing for Palace in a year or two’.

I was talking about Arsneal specifically in the other thread - Liverpool are a different beast. I think it gives their fans more confidence for sure

Ok so a clear example for woolwich is the start of this season. When Conte started his first full season by playing ugly but finding ways to win it was "unsustainable". That word came from nowhere and was then used everywhere. We couldn't escape it.
Woolwich started this year exactly the same and really up until the start of this year they could only score from set pieces. Did we read of hear the word "Unsustainable" once? I definitely didn't.

Back
Top Bottom