Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

and did you ever stop to wonder why he is still playing ? maybe the manager thinks the team needs CE because he is the best midfielder THFC has got even playing out of position in a defensive setup - that would be my guess - but i suppose the table will show whether spurs need CE or not at the end of the season...

the table is already showing we need Eriksen (circa 2016). Eriksen 19/20 has checked out

The fact that Eriksen is a talented player and he might prove to be a success at his next club doesn't mean that he's still the right player for us. We are criticizing him because of his rotten attitude and the generally terrible performances he's put in for more than a year.

If he goes to Inter it's because a bigger club didn't come calling for him. I'm sure he had been dreaming to go there instead of Real Madrid or Barcelona. We're also bigger than Inter.

agree with most of that but I’d say inter are correctly considered a substantially larger club than us.

agree with most of that but I’d say inter are correctly considered a substantially larger club than us.

Not sure I agree with the term “substantially larger than us.” They haven’t won anything since 2011, their average attendances are roughly in line with ours (though their stadium holds 80k) and their income is 14th in Europe compared to our 8th. Yes I agree that historically they have won more trophies than us but the Premier League is more competitive than Serie A. Think you might be doing Spurs a bit of a disservice

Ask transfermarkt - have you ever considered that the hate against CE is founded in ignorance of what he contributes to THFC? I have. To be blunt - many fans are pretty ignorant when it comes to football - this goes for fans of THFC as well as fans of other football clubs. The professionals (coaches, players, staff) value CE very highly and consider his qualities to be unique in european football - maybe they are right? However it does not matter from a THFC perspective - he is leaving - probably to fight for the scudetto in Italy with Inter and next year to fight for the scudetto and the champions league title. Meanwhile THFC are trying to hold on to a midtable position. And that is not a joke...
At the end of the day his is still employed by Spurs and paid well to do a job. As much as he once was impressive (i have his name on a shirt) he still gets paid to turn up, and is expected to at least occasionally take a competent corner or even now and then go in for a challenge
. People pay good money and at least expect that. "And that is not a joke."

Inter is most def a sidestep but he wants a diff challenge and a new country by the sound of things,I think Serie A would suit him tbh and they are in with a chance of the title this season.
Fuck him off for 15mill euros and use the money for a striker or a DM ffs, just get it done.

No and I guess nothing will change your opinion. We Spurs fans have got it all wrong. You will worship at the altar of Christian forever. He who can do no wrong must be idolised
i agree - some spurs fans have got it all wrong - others dont. I understand that some are disappointed that CE wants to leave - but the hate and over the top negativity regarding his performance the last 12-18 months makes absolutely no sense. i suppose some feel distraught seeing how THFC is declining fast these passing months and use CE as a symbol of this decline and a scapegoat for the mediocre team results and performances. I am sorry to say - bus the problem with tottenham is in the boardroom - not on the field. As many have stated - the absence of quality signings have killed the positive momentum of the team. The reliance on a few key player to perform at 100% to get results has a price when trying to take the next step to the very pinnacle of one of europes most competitive leagues. Kane, Delle,Son, Eriksen, Vertongen and Lloris have not been able to keep up momentum. THFC should have signesdat least a world class def midfielser, a couple of decent full backs and a reliable and competent centerforward to cover for Kane. look at the player signed since 2015 and you have the explanation to why THFC is dooing so poorly at the moment, and why great prospect as Delle Alli, and stars like Kane, Son and Eriksen have run into injury or lost form or motivation. since 2016 no player signed - in my humble opinion - has improved the team - if taht is not a major issue i dont know what is...https://www.transfermarkt.com/tottenham-hotspur/alletransfers/verein/148

Currently worth 90m yet can't even get 20 for him....

....Fanbois. :harrysmile:

Are we ignoring that the main reason for this is that 20m is still a vast sum of money for European clubs (which are the only ones he's prepared to play for having turned down ManU already) that becomes 0m in 5 months time?

If Eriksen would accept any club and he was under contract there would a queue a mile long around PL/Europe happy to pay 60m + for a 27yo who can play about 5 positions and averages about 20 goal/assists a season for the last 5.

hell hath no fury like a scorned fanboy eh..

Are we ignoring that the main reason for this is that 20m is still a vast sum of money for European clubs (which are the only ones he's prepared to play for having turned down ManU already) that becomes 0m in 5 months time?

If Eriksen would accept any club and he was under contract there would a queue a mile long around PL/Europe happy to pay 60m + for a 27yo who can play about 5 positions and averages about 20 goal/assists a season for the last 5.

hell hath no fury like a scorned fanboy eh..

I'm ignoring nothing mate. Geezer before me was waving around an alleged current value of 90m like it meant something ....

"Ignoring" the reality, you could say.

He's not under a decent length contract so that's immaterial....

I still maintain that if, with a year left, we'd have received a circa 50m offer from a club he wanted in the summer he'd have gone.

Last edited:
As much as it pains me to say it, I thought we played better football when he came on at the weekend. Part of that was removing Alli (who contributes so little to our build-up play). It was like bringing on half a footballer for a quarter of a footballer. And we were no longer relying on Winks to play forward, which was the other benefit.

Still want him gone, but I hope the fucking axe falls on a few others in the summer.

Not sure I agree with the term “substantially larger than us.” They haven’t won anything since 2011, their average attendances are roughly in line with ours (though their stadium holds 80k) and their income is 14th in Europe compared to our 8th. Yes I agree that historically they have won more trophies than us but the Premier League is more competitive than Serie A. Think you might be doing Spurs a bit of a disservice

I guess it depends how you rate club size. Personally would say a club with 18 top class league titles and 3 European cup titles among a host of other trophies is substantially larger purely on that basis. I don’t consider the Italian league to be THAT second rate if you know what I mean, they still compete, although are in a rut.

I get that others weight revenue and league pull as bigger factors, but in a competitive sport that’s a bit of a nonsense to me.

i agree - some spurs fans have got it all wrong - others dont. I understand that some are disappointed that CE wants to leave - but the hate and over the top negativity regarding his performance the last 12-18 months makes absolutely no sense. i suppose some feel distraught seeing how THFC is declining fast these passing months and use CE as a symbol of this decline and a scapegoat for the mediocre team results and performances. I am sorry to say - bus the problem with tottenham is in the boardroom - not on the field. As many have stated - the absence of quality signings have killed the positive momentum of the team. The reliance on a few key player to perform at 100% to get results has a price when trying to take the next step to the very pinnacle of one of europes most competitive leagues. Kane, Delle,Son, Eriksen, Vertongen and Lloris have not been able to keep up momentum. THFC should have signesdat least a world class def midfielser, a couple of decent full backs and a reliable and competent centerforward to cover for Kane. look at the player signed since 2015 and you have the explanation to why THFC is dooing so poorly at the moment, and why great prospect as Delle Alli, and stars like Kane, Son and Eriksen have run into injury or lost form or motivation. since 2016 no player signed - in my humble opinion - has improved the team - if taht is not a major issue i dont know what is...https://www.transfermarkt.com/tottenham-hotspur/alletransfers/verein/148
I'm just "distraught" that a player who thought he'd walk into that Madrid team and Barcelona etc, can't even take a proper corner. One can only imagine how those teams supporters would react to his average form playing for them, over such an extended period of time!
I for one couldn't speak highly enough of him, but sadly that has almost eroded, failed corner after corner, challenge after half arsed challenge. As for "Spurs declining", perhaps it's The Danish captain who sadly has been declining and as a professional talking up a big move, you'd expect so much more. That's something fanboys have to face up to. Time for him to leave yesterday and go and experience another challenge.

Yes going to Inter is definitely a sideward move. Inter are definitely doing better than us right now but they’ve recently brought in a lot of players and have got a very good manager so maybe there’s an attraction to that. I think Eriksen just wants a change of scenery plus I think he realizes he’s done irreparable damage to his reputation at Spurs. He realizes that he’s not good enough for the likes of Real and Juve. Had he have left 2 years ago, I would have been pretty pissed off but he definitely needs to go now. As fans, we can’t tell how much damage he’s doing to this team. How does Lamela and Lo Celso feel when he keeps getting picked over them for mediocre performances. On the same note, I’m going to be pretty happy not waking up to see the only Spurs news being Eriksen transfer rumours.

Based off of talk in Inter circles Spurs and Inter are in agreement and want the deal done as soon as possible. But now it is his agent that is the problem as he wants a sizeable bonus. Marotta, the new Inter President has apparently promised that if the agent doesn't strike a deal with us within the next day he will step in and mediate it.

Based off of talk in Inter circles Spurs and Inter are in agreement and want the deal done as soon as possible. But now it is his agent that is the problem as he wants a sizeable bonus. Marotta, the new Inter President has apparently promised that if the agent doesn't strike a deal with us within the next day he will step in and mediate it.

Now who would have seen that coming?:mourhandlaugh:

Why the fuck would/should he get a bonus from US?

Isn't it pretty common that the agent recieves a slice of the pie from a transfer? I always assumed that he got a little bit from both clubs.

Not something I've specifically heard of before.... Buying club, yes, but selling club too?

Maybe there's some logic in a bonus if a player sees out their deal in full, but.....

Parasitic cunts.

Back
Top Bottom