Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Been a great player for us , would be foolish to say otherwise

I struggle to remember him ever showing up and bossing the crucial matches though

With maybe the Chelsea semi final being the exception , a couple of great assists that day

A very good not great player and yes it needs to be remembered.

Not however an auspicious last year to 18 months which he will be despised for .

Transfer Fee
Salary
Image rights
Agent 'commission'
Relocation expenses (yes, they have these)
Sell on fee (yes, levy will want one of these)
Bonus's
Housing (a lot of clubs rent houses for foreign players)
Medical
Applicable work visas
Income tax arrangements (can be complicated on 'split years')

But apart from all that; yep its really simple. GET IT DONE LEVY

Clearly I was being tongue in cheek mate. I was just stating that things seem to drag on more than they did in the past to everyone’s frustration. I know you are upset that we are losing someone who you think is “one of the best midfielders in Europe” but lighten up a bit

Last edited:
Incredibly bored with this by now. I'd not give shit, if it wasn't because we STILL were forced to watch him play every single game.

Just drop him. That'd end this cringy saga soon enough.

Incredibly bored with this by now. I'd not give shit, if it wasn't because we STILL were forced to watch him play every single game.

Just drop him. That'd end this cringy saga soon enough.

and did you ever stop to wonder why he is still playing ? maybe the manager thinks the team needs CE because he is the best midfielder THFC has got even playing out of position in a defensive setup - that would be my guess - but i suppose the table will show whether spurs need CE or not at the end of the season...

and did you ever stop to wonder why he is still playing ? maybe the manager thinks the team needs CE because he is the best midfielder THFC has got even playing out of position in a defensive setup - that would be my guess - but i suppose the table will show whether spurs need CE or not at the end of the season...

You need to take your blinkers off mate. He has been terrible this season and certainly hasn’t been our best midfielder in terms of performance. In fact he is probably one of the reasons why we are 8th in the Premier League because we have been playing with 10 men when he has been on the pitch.

...but i hope THFC will find a suitable substitution for CE in this transfer window - it wont come cheap but i guess Levy knows that allready. The youth prospect from portugal wont make a differece - maybe Vecino will will be well suited for the defensive type of football Mourinho prefers - but dont expect any goals...

...but i hope THFC will find a suitable substitution for CE in this transfer window - it wont come cheap but i guess Levy knows that allready. The youth prospect from portugal wont make a differece - maybe Vecino will will be well suited for the defensive type of football Mourinho prefers - but dont expect any goals...

I don’t actually think he will be that difficult to replace especially since he has been about as visible as Lord Lucan recently.

Inter wants Eriksen... but low cost..

gazza17.jpg

corr17.jpg

You need to take your blinkers off mate. He has been terrible this season and certainly hasn’t been our best midfielder in terms of performance. In fact he is probably one of the reasons why we are 8th in the Premier League because we have been playing with 10 men when he has been on the pitch.
true - he has not been at his best since last season (4 months) partly due to mental fatigue party due to the more defensive and reactive style of football THFC has been playing lately. If you expect CE to be a defensive midfielder, you will become disapointed - thats what we saw against liverpool for instance. When the team is set up for offensive football - like against norwich and middlesboro - he is a lot better. Unfortunately most THFC-fans dont take this into consideration when evaluating his performances....and another thing - CE needs to play with players that PASS the ball - unfortunately Dele Alli, Wanyama, Sissoku, Moura, Lamela, Son have a tendency to run with the ball slowing down the transition play and giving the opponents time to close down any openings that develop when you pass and move to another position in stead of running forward with the ball at your feet. The signing of Mourinho as the new manager is of course not a positive when considering the type of player CE is. So now he is moving on - probably best for all - but please consider - he has been instrumental in developing THFC from a mediocre premier league club to a contender - in my opinion this deserves respect - nomatter how he has performed for the last 4 months...

Last edited:
true - ha has not been at his best since last season (4 months) partly due to mental fatigue party due to the more defensive and reactive style of football THFC has been playing lately. If you expect CE to be a defensive midfielder, you will become disapointed - thats what we saw against liverpool for instance. When the team is set up for offensive football - like against norwich and middleboro - he is a lot better. Unfortunately most THFC dont take this into consideration when evaluationg his performances....and another thing - CE needs to play with players that PASS the ball - unfortunately Dele Alli, Wanyama, Sissoku, Moura, Lamela, Son have a tendency to run with the ball slowing down the transition play and giving the opponents time to close down any openings that develop when you pass and move to another position in stead of running forward with the ball at your feet. The signing of Mourinho as the new manager is of course not a positive when considering the type of player CE is. So now he is moving on - probably best for all - but please consider - he has been instrumental in developing THFC from a mediocre premier league club to a contender - in my opinion this deserves respect - nomatter how he has performed for the last 4 months...

“CE needs to play with players that pass the ball...”
But Eriksen is supposed to be the player that passes the ball isn’t he?
As for slowing down play that you accuse Lamela etc of doing does Eriksen not do this then?
Why are you guessing the reasons for Eriksen not being at his best and then presenting them as facts?We don’t really know why he has been so poor but it all sounds like excuses to me

I suppose mental fatigue has been a part of the dip in form of the whole squad - not only CE - but it is obviously a guess. CE rarely tries to run with the ball - he is more inclined to pas the ball to a teammate who has moved into a better position or play the through ball into an open space. This is why the pace of game changes whenever CE is on the ball (if he spots an opportunity). If his teammates are more inclined to run against the opponent with the ball they will very often loose the ball and THFC will have to try to regain posession - this slows down the attacing game and makes the opponent much more comfortable in the defence - to open up a modern well organized defensive line you need to move the defenders sideways and need to make them chase the ball creation openings behind or between them. This is what THFC have been doing so brilliantly for the last 4 seasons - i dont think CE has been "poor" the last 4 months - he has struggled under a new tactical approach and with mental issues after the dissapointing final in the champions league - like some of the other stars on the team (Kane, Dele Alli, Alderweild etc..) - this however does not explain the lack of respect some of the THFC supporters...

I suppose mental fatigue has been a part of the dip in form of the whole squad - not only CE - but it is obviously a guess. CE rarely tries to run with the ball - he is more inclined to pas the ball to a teammate who has moved into a better position or play the through ball into an open space. This is why the pace of game changes whenever CE is on the ball (if he spots an opportunity). If his teammates are more inclined to run against the opponent with the ball they will very often loose the ball and THFC will have to try to regain posession - this slows down the attacing game and makes the opponent much more comfortable in the defence - to open up a modern well organized defensive line you need to move the defenders sideways and need to make them chase the ball creation openings behind or between them. This is what THFC have been doing so brilliantly for the last 4 seasons - i dont think CE has been "poor" the last 4 months - he has struggled under a new tactical approach and with mental issues after the dissapointing final in the champions league - like some of the other stars on the team (Kane, Dele Alli, Alderweild etc..) - this however does not explain the lack of respect some of the THFC supporters...

But you are delusional. He was a virtual non-entity against Middlesbrough yet in your opinion he was much better against them? He has been very poor the last few months yet yousay he hasn’t. Maybe it is a Danish thing to defend your own players which is a good thing in a way but not to the point when you can’t see the wood for the trees

But you are delusional. He was a virtual non-entity against Middlesbrough yet in your opinion he was much better against them? He has been very poor the last few months yet yousay he hasn’t. Maybe it is a Danish thing to defend your own players which is a good thing in a way but not to the point when you can’t see the wood for the trees
If its woods surely it he should be Norwegian😉😉

Back
Top Bottom