Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ask transfermarkt - have you ever considered that the hate against CE is founded in ignorance of what he contributes to THFC? I have. To be blunt - many fans are pretty ignorant when it comes to football - this goes for fans of THFC as well as fans of other football clubs. The professionals (coaches, players, staff) value CE very highly and consider his qualities to be unique in european football - maybe they are right? However it does not matter from a THFC perspective - he is leaving - probably to fight for the scudetto in Italy with Inter and next year to fight for the scudetto and the champions league title. Meanwhile THFC are trying to hold on to a midtable position. And that is not a joke...

The fact that Eriksen is a talented player and he might prove to be a success at his next club doesn't mean that he's still the right player for us. We are criticizing him because of his rotten attitude and the generally terrible performances he's put in for more than a year.

If he goes to Inter it's because a bigger club didn't come calling for him. I'm sure he had been dreaming to go there instead of Real Madrid or Barcelona. We're also bigger than Inter.

Ask transfermarkt - have you ever considered that the hate against CE is founded in ignorance of what he contributes to THFC? I have. To be blunt - many fans are pretty ignorant when it comes to football - this goes for fans of THFC as well as fans of other football clubs. The professionals (coaches, players, staff) value CE very highly and consider his qualities to be unique in european football - maybe they are right? However it does not matter from a THFC perspective - he is leaving - probably to fight for the scudetto in Italy with Inter and next year to fight for the scudetto and the champions league title. Meanwhile THFC are trying to hold on to a midtable position. And that is not a joke...

Currently worth 90m yet can't even get 20 for him....

....Fanbois. :harrysmile:

So according to you “many fans are pretty ignorant when it comes to football”, yet you think he is worth 90 million euros in the current market- look in that mirror mate

The fact that Eriksen is a talented player and he might prove to be a success at his next club doesn't mean that he's still the right player for us. We are criticizing him because of his rotten attitude and the generally terrible performances he's put in for more than a year.

If he goes to Inter it's because a bigger club didn't come calling for him. I'm sure he had been dreaming to go there instead of Real Madrid or Barcelona. We're also bigger than Inter.
agree with some of what you are writing - however i dont think anyone outside the UK would agree that THFC are a bigger club than Inter Milan. Your comment about CEs attetude and performance is true in the sense that this is exactly what THFC fans are unhappy with - im just not shure they are right. I think CE is doing his best trying to influence games in a team where everybody are underperforming (CE included) and where the style of playing has been altered significantly from a possession based high pressing style to a more traditional british style with focus long balls, winning second balls through a lot of tackling and scoring on the counter-attack. CE has been playing a more defensive role in the latest games due to this tactical change - a role that does not suit him very well. I agree that he does not fit in the current squad with the current manager - but i would whish for THFC and for CE that his departure was met with a bit of understanding and respect from the tottenham faithfulls - he has given THFC many of his best years as a player and has undoubtebly been the best midfielder in THFC since modric - this, i believe, commands respect. and he has NOT been given any respect from a significant part of the THFC fans for quite some time - and that is, in my opinion, below the normal standards of THFC and THFC fans.

So according to you “many fans are pretty ignorant when it comes to football”, yet you think he is worth 90 million euros in the current market- look in that mirror mate
i have no opinion about CEs current value - basically i find it puzzeling that anybody would pay millions of euros for someone the can ger for free in 4 months - but transfermarkt believe his current market value is app 90 mio euro.

You're overthinking this.

He was great. He's been shit for over a year. I genuinely can't remember the last time he hit the ball over knee-height.

Best he moves on. Good luck to him in Italy.

You're overthinking this.

He was great. He's been shit for over a year. I genuinely can't remember the last time he hit the ball over knee-height.

Best he moves on. Good luck to him in Italy.

Not true- he had a free kick that killed a pidgeon in the rafters against Boro- but I take your point

Eriksen couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag

I think CE is doing his best trying to influence games in a team where everybody are underperforming (CE included)
There is a significant difference between underperforming due to being out of form or not having the skill set at the level needed, and not putting in the effort.

The ongoing criticism of Eriksen is that he isn't putting in the effort that is needed.

but i would whish for THFC and for CE that his departure was met with a bit of understanding and respect from the tottenham faithfulls

Well, we would expect the same from him.

i have no opinion about CEs current value - basically i find it puzzeling that anybody would pay millions of euros for someone the can ger for free in 4 months - but transfermarkt believe his current market value is app 90 mio euro.

Thanks for putting your point of view forward.

To a large extent his valuation is determined by the number of large rich clubs that want him.

My guess is that his agent (and maybe Spurs) were sure 1 - 2 years ago, and even last summer that Eriksen would have the choice of say Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Bayern, Inter, ManU and a few others. And with that kind of suitors then a year ago valuations of up to £100m might have been realistically 1 - 2 years ago, and maybe £50m last summer (lower due to the shortish contract left to run).

However its a sad fact that those suitors didn't show - and much of that must go down to Eriksen's poor form, and I'm not overlooking Spurs drop in form, but Eriksen went missing in his biggest audition match, the CL final where he was in full view of everyone.

So today the big problem is that Inter is about the only club of any size interested in signing him.

And that means the fee is struggling to get to £20m, a fraction of the fee he had expected to go for (and don't forget he gets a cut of that so the low fee means he doesn't get much of a cut). And I'd guess his wages will be a lot less than he once dreamed of as he's got nobody other than Inter to negotiate with.

Meanwhile from a Spurs fan point of view, we've seen a player's performances go downhill over the last 18 months when he should be at his peak, and we no longer expect to get a fee big enough to replace the player we had 2 years ago. And that in turn shows itself in our attitude to him.

I for one will always be pleased with Eriksen's performances for us over many years - but at the same time sad and unhappy at the way things have unravelled with Eriksen making no secret of him wanting away but dragging things out over a year and for almost no fee.

Last summer with the lack of bids it might have been fairer for him to extend his contract for say 12 months, just to preserve the then low value (fir Spurs) that Eriksen had - a value showing how few suitors he actually had.

Shame he didn't leave a year or more ago - and even last summer would have been better - for both Eriksen and Spurs fan sake.

Last edited:
Your 'book' follows a common misconception, and in this case is entirely wrong. Eriksen completed twice as many passes over 25 yards (8) as LoCelso (4) .... and more forward passes Eriksen (31) LoCelso (28)

but you were right about pass success Eriksen was better at 83% LoCelso 79%

We all know Eriksen is playing at 75% but he's still a class act ... don't be blinded by what you think "most of Eriksen’s passes are now tippy tappy 5 yard sideways" when with five minutes of effort you can search up his actual pass details and avoid such an amateur mistake.

Guess what Mourinho doesn't pick him because he's shit ....

Peak Eriksen at the moment....

Ask transfermarkt - have you ever considered that the hate against CE is founded in ignorance of what he contributes to THFC? I have. To be blunt - many fans are pretty ignorant when it comes to football -

I may be ignorant about what he contributes off the field. But sadly for him I really dont give a flying fuck about cross bar challenges or cone weaving videos on instagram.

What I do know is that he will pull out of any challenge within 50 meters and when he does get the ball, simply passes it to the other team.

His passing a few years ago was so crisp and precise you could set your watch to it. I have no idea what got up his goat* but to be blunt - he is shit.

*missus

Back
Top Bottom