Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Supposedly set up a mweting with our biard to make his desire to move clear, poor Eriksen, pur board should set up a meeting with him saying that we want £100 mil for him

Utter cunt, aeriously do not care what he has done for us, the fact its let his performance on the pitch affect is pathetic, hope you go to Inter and end up on the bench

If it affects your performance on the pitch shows that you arent elite, like Hazard, you dont just down tools elite players dont do that, Hazard did for the <removed>s afew years back and Eriksen has for the best part of 2 years

Supposedly set up a mweting with our biard to make his desire to move clear, poor Eriksen, pur board should set up a meeting with him saying that we want £100 mil for him

Utter cunt, aeriously do not care what he has done for us, the fact its let his performance on the pitch affect is pathetic, hope you go to Inter and end up on the bench

If it affects your performance on the pitch shows that you arent elite, like Hazard, you dont just down tools elite players dont do that, Hazard did for the <removed>s afew years back and Eriksen has for the best part of 2 years

Madrid actually wanted Hazard though. Eriksen got it in his head he was off to Madrid or Barca but then laughably neither of them even put in a bid for him when he had just one year left (or even 6 months, now) on his contract. It's like telling your wife you're going to leave her if this other, hotter woman wants you, but she doesn't.

I've seen quite a lot around social media about how Spurs fans should be more grateful to Eriksen and how he's been a fantastic servant to us. Well given he's been shite for 18 months because he can't be arsed, he's never performed on the biggest stage and used to down tools every time he went into contract talks, no he doesn't deserve anything from us.

Eriksen is the sort of bloke that scores 2 and assists 2 in a 4-0 win vs Stoke (back when we used to beat Stoke 4-0 every week) but doesn't do anything in the CL semi final/final. The stats say he's created the most chances of any player since 2013 in the PL but the stat graphic doesn't explain that players like De Bruyne didn't even join City until 2015. When you use proper context, this bloke was very good for a couple of seasons but nothing special the rest, given he's played more minutes than most and takes almost every set piece/is the sole creator in a team of good finishers (Dele/Son/Kane).

Seems to me in his defence its spurs dragging their heels on this deal to get every dime out of Inter - I have no problem with him meeting Levy to see whats happening tbh, anything that helps him go now is a plus to me.

Thought when he joined until about 2 years ago there wasn't a ten anywhere I would swap him for but he has regressed massively and tbh I think he has a loser mentality-the not turning up in huge games and shying away from 50/50s to the down turn in form around contract times etc has become tedious with him.
Hes been mentally gone for over a year I just want it to end now and can't understand Jose saying he will be involved again tonight injuries or not.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport: Eriksen is close to Inter but Mourinho makes him play so it makes everything more difficult (does not help Conte)
gazza22.jpg

Levy will need to decide if whatever final fee is offered if that is worth more than Eriksen staying for next 4 months and maybe getting us CL next season. On that basis I think he will agree the fee and he will leave on 31st January. Eriksen will never recover the fans support here and needs to get out ASAP.

Try this one for starters- you said “The problem with Tottenham is in the boardroom - not on the field”.
Now I am not saying our board are perfect by any means, but is it Joe Lewis filling Eriksen’s boots with custard that means he struggles to lift the ball above head height? Or perhaps it is Daniel Levy who makes him shy away from tackles on the pitch? The problem is very much on the pitch and your Messiah must take his share of the responsibility.
You just seem to admonish Christian from any type of blame and it is ridiculous
I agree - as i have written many times - that CE has not played his best football this season - the same could be said for the rest of the team at THFC. This however does not warrant the si

Just to put an independent objective assessment on things, UEFA's 5 year Club Coefficient for 2019/20 has :
Spurs in 12th position
Inter in 54th position.

And for reference the highest Italian club as Juve in 5th position

Hope that helps you understand how UEFA view Inter and Spurs these days.

Eriksen is not going to a bigger club now that Madrid seems to have declined his services.

Ranking is bases om tecent
Moronic...

I agree - as i have written many times - that CE has not played his best football this season - the same could be said for the rest of the team at THFC. This however does not warrant the si

Moronic...

Factual from an objective source.

According to how UEFA rate results Inter is a long way below Spurs

Of course up to you how you regard UEFA's calculations, and no doubt you could find a way to make spurs a bit lower and Inter a bit higher. However no way can you find a way to get results to say Inter is more highly rated than Spurs.

And that of course blow your whole argument out of the window.

Back
Top Bottom