Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

:walkercry:
If that was the reality you'd have a point, but so far we've not lost a single decent player because of the wages in the last few years. We have offered Eriksen a bumper new deal and none of our rivals were prepared to match Alderwerield's demands and a 40m fee last summer. So at the moment there's not much evidence it's cost us loads so far, and all we'd have done, to this point, is pay millions more in wages for the same players, doing the same stuff. Not exactly brilliant economics?

We've only lost one player to a move up the food chain during the Poch era - Walker. We survived it, but he has not been adequately replaced.

If it becomes Walker, Alderweireld and Eriksen, all without adequate replacing, that becomes a much, MUCH bigger problem.

We've only lost one player to a move up the food chain during the Poch era - Walker. We survived it, but he has not been adequately replaced.

If it becomes Walker, Alderweireld and Eriksen, all without adequate replacing, that becomes a much, MUCH bigger problem.

Losing Eriksen is the only massive problem there (Alderweireld is a minor problem we already have solutions for and have survived without him for spells), and it's not because of his wages, I'm pretty sure, he's been offered a massive hike, with him I think it's more about the fact that he's been here a few years and wants to take the next step in his career before it's too late.

Losing Eriksen is the only massive problem there, and it's not because of his wages, I'm pretty sure, he's been offered a massive hike, with him I think it's more about the fact that he's been here a few years and wants to take the next step in his career before it's too late.

There is a salary number at which Walker would have re-upped, and there is a salary number at which Eriksen and Toby would re-up. Let's not be precious here.

There is also a salary number (or contract length) at which re-signing those players wouldn't be worth it to the club, where the financially sensible move would be letting them go. But based on the financial position of the club, the importance of those players to the continued availability of Champions League revenue, and the eye-watering cost of the transfer market to find remotely adequate replacements, that salary number is very, very high.

Fucking massive tonight. Played a couple of absolute peachie passes that got wasted, but second half was pretty much our entire midfield. One of the biggest games of our recent history, the fella stepped up and did a job that isn't really his role and did it superbly.

Nobody ahead of the two CB's saw more of the ball or gave it away less.

I think Moura is going to be a busted flush. I’m waiting for Poch to do a Son act on him but I don’t think he has it in him.

Just one of a long line of quick, exciting to watch dribblers with no muscle or end product... then again I thought that of Sterling and look at him now.

Look forward to being proven wrong. Either way, we don’t have anyone in the squad who can provide Eriksen’s service... need to go shopping.
That was quick
:levyeyes:

Back
Top Bottom