Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It turned out to be a pittance for the calibre of player we got.
£150 million is a huge fee, no doubt, but if you are trying to find a “like for like” replacement, rather than a “tidy looking prospect” then you’re probably looking at that kind of fee anyway for an elite level player. If the “selling club” knows you have just trousered £150 million, the likelihood is that you’d be forced to pay massively over the odds even for the tidy looking prospect.
Pay him the going rate (if he’s not already indicated he wants away)
The Eriksen’s of this world are as rare as rocking horse shit. We should get him signed up ASAP if he’s willing to talk new contracts.

I hear you. If Eriksen could really get a 200m+ fee out of RM I'll be impressed though- it just seems like an incredible amount of dough. Maybe I don't even really know how good Eriksen is in $$ or footballing terms! Is he seriously the best CAM-ish target around right now? Not saying he isn't great, but, wow if so!

I hear you. If Eriksen could really get a 200m+ fee out of RM I'll be impressed though- it just seems like an incredible amount of dough. Maybe I don't even really know how good Eriksen is in $$ or footballing terms! Is he seriously the best CAM-ish target around right now? Not saying he isn't great, but, wow if so!
I don’t think there is a better fit for our team than Eriksen. That’s not to say he is undoubtedly the best in the world, but he’s not just a flair player. He runs his bollocks off, is decent in the press & getting better each season (without being a thunderous tackler)

His skillset would be extremely difficult to replace- if that was even possible.

It should be all about the trophies this year, anything from the capital one cup trophy and upwards should likely see him sign an extension.
Since he was a young kid people have compared him to Michael Laudrup(bad idea to place that kind of pressure on someone at an early age from the media)
He has the last couple of years managed to get away from that pressure becoming a great name of his own and the one to carry the danish national team.(most apparent vs Ireland last year)
As for if he'd be sold, I think ~60 million € in the summer or less money and another player part of the deal is the deal that would be generally best between player seller and buyer.
While Christian is a big name at some areas, he doesn't strike me as a "superstar" in regards to off field earnings that would spike his value. Besides i think Christian leaving at a record sum would put more pressure on him to hit the field running than most people would like to have.(so the right decission for him to wait with signing an extension)

To many player have been ruined imo due to abnormally high price values.
It risk breaking the confidence of the players if they don't click right away.(not helped by the media outcry.)

Crazy that this thread is on page 3.

He was INCREDIBLE tonight. Especially in the second half. Some of the passes he made tonight were exceptional, also had a 91% pass completion rate and really should have scored a goal.

DuK4CM5W0AYqCIy.png

The downside is that he is probably their top priority in the summer after tonight's masterclass. :pochsmirk:

Really hope he signs a new deal.

After that performance - he holds all the cards.

He will have offers from every single big club in world football come the summer.

If anyone finds one of those "Eriksen vs. Barcelona" videos where they display all of the passes/touches he did during the game, I would like to see it. It was phenomenal the vision he had.

Back
Top Bottom