Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Certainly in other seasons, but due to injury and loss of form, not so much this.

There's no doubt a fully fit, fully motivated CE is an utter joy to behold. But I think we don't rely on him the way we used to.

That's a rash assesment considering what you have already conceeded.

I think he's the main reason we are stuck in 2nd gear atm... A soon as he clicks into some form watch our general play improve.

I fear any eventual replacement equates to a down-grade.

Honestly, Eriksen is very good, but he isn't as key as some people think. What I mean by that is he actually stops Poch from playing counter-attacking formations and that is part of the reason we struggle against bigger teams. Okay, yes, if we sell an Eriksen, and buy a Sissoko, then there is a problem, so I can see what people are worried about in terms of that. And yes, he could play in a deeper role as he gets older and we could sign a very good pacey forward who gets in behind instead.

However, in general, I think that Eriksen dominating a game for Spurs hinders us more in terms of scoring goals as it means it is unlikely Son, Kane, and Dele are dominating the game. I have said it a long time ago, if Eriksen is MOTM, chances are we win, but it is a lower-scoring game, we sneak it, and the rest of the players weren't as good as a team. When you are over-reliant on one good slow creative avenue, it stops faster flowing team solutions on the break. I believe it is the case with Eriksen, and in terms of winning titles I don't think he fits in the front three.
An interesting theory. Not sure I agree, but if that's the case it's the manager's fault not Eriksen's. Eriksen's a very intelligent and versatile player, he'd play counter attacking football if that was the team's agreed tactic for the match. Not his strongest attribute of course, so would be saved for the toughest opponents.

He's our most talented player, and in my opinion joint most important with Kane. We simply have to do everything possible to keep him.

The better half loves him.
She is currently brewing our first born.
I've no doubt she'll suggest naming the baby after him.
If he signs a new long term contract I'll agree with her.

Is there any better motivation to sign?
:eriksenlol:

The other option is to leave before May so this is all moot...

:eriksenserious:

Having said that, her next favourite player atm is Sissoko....

:disdain:

If you like Dembele and she likes Sissoko, you could suggest Mousa and hope she doesn't realise that the latter spells it Moussa.

Clearly a classy lady

Honestly, Eriksen is very good, but he isn't as key as some people think. What I mean by that is he actually stops Poch from playing counter-attacking formations and that is part of the reason we struggle against bigger teams. Okay, yes, if we sell an Eriksen, and buy a Sissoko, then there is a problem, so I can see what people are worried about in terms of that. And yes, he could play in a deeper role as he gets older and we could sign a very good pacey forward who gets in behind instead.

However, in general, I think that Eriksen dominating a game for Spurs hinders us more in terms of scoring goals as it means it is unlikely Son, Kane, and Dele are dominating the game. I have said it a long time ago, if Eriksen is MOTM, chances are we win, but it is a lower-scoring game, we sneak it, and the rest of the players weren't as good as a team. When you are over-reliant on one good slow creative avenue, it stops faster flowing team solutions on the break. I believe it is the case with Eriksen, and in terms of winning titles I don't think he fits in the front three.

I agree with you about the lack of speed re counter attacking in that CE and Moose slow them down although I do love both players

Our best player for counter attacking is Coco who releases the ball quickly which is key

Ideally CE signs a new contract but if not he’s got to be worth in excess of £70 million surely

Certainly in other seasons, but due to injury and loss of form, not so much this.

There's no doubt a fully fit, fully motivated CE is an utter joy to behold. But I think we don't rely on him the way we used to.

Any harry’s been starved of device and we haven’t looked very good...

Go figure.

Well, you've got to be an absolute tool of a Jorno (I'm laughing as I write that) to say that Poch has frozen him out when he was also left out of the National side.

But yeah, there will no doubt be Paul "slobber chops" Jiggins writing that with his crayon's as we speak.

My dad does some scouting for our youth team and he said Jiggins is down the training ground all the time.

Probably sucking up to everyone there yet trying to sell our players every other day in his rag. Cunt.

:angryscouser:

Any harry’s been starved of device and we haven’t looked very good...

Go figure.

But there's other factors, such as Harry not being the lone figurehead and also how much deeper he's been playing. He doesn't seem IMHO to be in the box as much. And with our without CE we're still prone to over-playing the ball outside the opposition penalty area.

I agree with you about the lack of speed re counter attacking in that CE and Moose slow them down although I do love both players

Our best player for counter attacking is Coco who releases the ball quickly which is key

Ideally CE signs a new contract but if not he’s got to be worth in excess of £70 million surely

And HyNdZee HyNdZee

Eriksen releases the ball quicker than any other player we have, Lamela, Dembele, Son, Moura, Kane all dawdle on the ball too much, especially on the transition.

He's probably the only midfielder (as he plays as a hybrid 8 most games now) we have currently who does facilitate the counter attack - apart from Winks. He’s also the most intelligent player we have by a fucking mile.

Last edited:
EVERY DAY that Eriksen doesn't sign his new deal, he's gonna be linked with someone in the media...

Same as we're gonna be singled out as 'bottlers' for every day we DON'T win a trophy, or tight arses every day we DON'T sign someone...

It's all in the Narrative! (Much as I hate that word!)

And HyNdZee HyNdZee

Eriksen releases the ball quicker than any other player we have, Lamela, Dembele, Son, Moura, Kane all dawdle on the ball too much, especially on the transition.

He's probably the only midfielder (as he plays as a hybrid 8 most games now) we have currently who does facilitate the counter attack - apart from Winks. He’s also the most intelligent player we have by a fucking mile.

CE At his best I agree with you and love his defence splitting passes but he hasn’t been near his best this season although still worth a place

Maybe Poch is managing his injury

Good job we have Sissoko eh!

:pochsmirk:

CE At his best I agree with you and love his defence splitting passes but he hasn’t been near his best this season although still worth a place

Maybe Poch is managing his injury

WC fatigue, his own injury, us as a team having WC hangover, other injuries to key players, Poch's tactics and general midfield-apnea....take your pick. But Eriksen on 60% is still more info influential than most of the rest of them.

Good job we have Sissoko eh!

:pochsmirk:

Sissoko < Eriksen with one leg, one eye, and a bad case of lasagna.

My dad does some scouting for our youth team and he said Jiggins is down the training ground all the time.

Probably sucking up to everyone there yet trying to sell our players every other day in his rag. Cunt.

:angryscouser:
I find that incredible. His little cameo's on TS (I haven't listened in almost a year but he was a regular on H&J, I'm assuming he still is) and what writes simply doesn't reflect a person who has any knowledge about the club at all. His squeaky voice is often heard on press conferences but he only concerns his questions on Wembley attendance than football, getting that wrong too by failing to recognise that certain games are capped.

"Come on love, little baby Moussa's nappy needs changing!" :dembelelol::lamelashock::pochshock2::dempsey:

Back
Top Bottom