Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pay him what he wants Levy... :eriksenserious::levystare:

People are saying he’s angling for a move, I honestly don’t see it. He’s just had a baby boy not long ago, he’s settled, he can be a super star and one of the main men if he stays here.

If we pay him close to 200k I reckon he will stay, just my thoughts on the matter.

I’ve loved the impact Lamela and Lucas have had this season, but I could help but feel confident seeing Chris and Dele in the line up today. Their link up play both together and with Kane is superb. Time to sign up!

Exciting as hell to finally see him put in an A-grade performance this season.

I’ve loved the impact Lamela and Lucas have had this season, but I could help but feel confident seeing Chris and Dele in the line up today. Their link up play both together and with Kane is superb. Time to sign up!

Kane
Eriksen
Dele
Son
Lamela
Lucas

...Drink that in for just a moment based on what we (not the media/other fans) know about these players.

I'd say that if DL can get CE signed up, the chairman deserves a HUGE pat on the back for freshly locking down a full compliment of such high-caliber talent as we arrive in the NWHL era (against all the usual odds, oil money and media meddling).

Last edited:
Wonder what's changed?

He was very poor by his standard at the beginning of the season. Playing through injury? Contract on his mind? Because since he's returned from injury he's been unplayable. Exceptional against Chelsea and coming off the bench to score that winner. Excellent.

Well he didn’t in one of our most important games this season .
So that means he doesn't start most games?

Like Kane he should be starting most games.

IckyMixedBlacklemur-size_restricted.gif

Wonder what's changed?

He was very poor by his standard at the beginning of the season. Playing through injury? Contract on his mind? Because since he's returned from injury he's been unplayable. Exceptional against Chelsea and coming off the bench to score that winner. Excellent.

Abdominal/stomach muscle strain ... you can still be mobile but it nags at you all the time, blatant I've had one post, it would seem like it's clearing up but it's very obviously why Poch and Hareide play him sparingly ... like broken ribs it's an injury you can't fix by exercise, just with time .....

Abdominal/stomach muscle strain ... you can still be mobile but it nags at you all the time, blatant I've had one post, it would seem like it's clearing up but it's very obviously why Poch and Hareide play him sparingly ... like broken ribs it's an injury you can't fix by exercise, just with time .....

Wanking injuries are just the worst...

It says here that Madrid want Eriksen and that we want a fee of €250 million...

Tottenham demand 250 million euros for Real Madrid's Modric replacement

Almost certainly a load of bollocks, but nevertheless, stop schnorring and pay the man what he wants Daniel
Whilst I agree if he demands a number to stay we should pay it. I get the feeling he wants to play for a giant.

I just hope we can delay that until he's 28-29 maybe. Get a couple more years out of him. Win something with him.

I love Eriksen, he is one of my favorite Spurs players ever and is just sheer class. But 250MM?

:levyeyes:

I'm sure I'll get a lot of shit for this, but, honestly, if we could get anywhere near 150m for him we should really think about it.

Its absolutely ludicrous money for a player that has a serious chance of running down his contract (what happened at Ajax).

100m straight into the stadium and cash for a premium deep-CM would set us up really nicely.

I don't want him to leave of course, but if he isn't going to re-sign, the club needs to do what it can to maximize the sale. We are getting dangerously close to the time when his contract becomes relatively worthless (125m+ to 10-15m in 8-9 months).

His peak value to come will be during this winter window, not the summer. I'm sure if we don't beat Barca to advance in the CL we'll hear the knocking on the door start getting a little louder...

Last edited:
I'm sure I'll get a lot of shit for this, but, honestly, if we could get anywhere near 150m for him we should really think about it.

Its absolutely ludicrous money for a player that has a serious chance of running down his contract (what happened at Ajax).

100m straight into the stadium and cash for a premium deep-CM would set us up really nicely.

I don't want him to leave of course, but if he isn't going to re-sign, the club needs to do what it can to maximize the sale. We are getting dangerously close to the time when his contract becomes relatively worthless (125m+ to 10-15m in 8-9 months).

His peak value to come will be during this winter window, not the summer. I'm sure if we don't beat Barca to advance in the CL we'll hear the knocking on the door start getting a little louder...
I may have this completely wrong, but didn’t he sign a contract extension at Ajax which ensured they got a better fee when they sold him? Apologies if I am wrong.
On another note, in a world where £60 million gets you a goalkeeper, £150 million for a world class playmaker isn’t as ludicrous as it really ought to be

I may have this completely wrong, but didn’t he sign a contract extension at Ajax which ensured they got a better fee when they sold him? Apologies if I am wrong.
On another note, in a world where £60 million gets you a goalkeeper, £150 million for a world class playmaker isn’t as ludicrous as it really ought to be

He did do that- but in the end we still got him for basically a pittance (11m).

I meant 150m as in "ludicrous to us in the real world" type money, lol.
I still think it'd be an epic fee if it was agreed though, right?

He did do that- but in the end we still got him for basically a pittance (11m).

I meant 150m as in "ludicrous to us in the real world" type money, lol.
I still think it'd be an epic fee if it was agreed though, right?
It turned out to be a pittance for the calibre of player we got.
£150 million is a huge fee, no doubt, but if you are trying to find a “like for like” replacement, rather than a “tidy looking prospect” then you’re probably looking at that kind of fee anyway for an elite level player. If the “selling club” knows you have just trousered £150 million, the likelihood is that you’d be forced to pay massively over the odds even for the tidy looking prospect.
Pay him the going rate (if he’s not already indicated he wants away)
The Eriksen’s of this world are as rare as rocking horse shit. We should get him signed up ASAP if he’s willing to talk new contracts.

Back
Top Bottom