Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pay the man he’s crucial
We will offer him the money. I did used to have my doubts until Kane & Dele were happy to put pen to paper, that Levy & co were still living in the dark ages in terms of paying the “going rate”.
However, their signatures demonstrate that those players knew they were getting a good deal from a club they were happy to be at. Otherwise they’d have buggered off.
Eriksen is different. He has never made a secret of the fact that he wants to play at the very top level. Spurs are almost there, but he is already playing in a foreign country (& has done so from a very young age), so moving abroad is not an issue for him. It’s a lack of honours that is likely to see him look “for new challenges”.
TL;DR
Spurs need to start winning some things.
It would be a crime against sport if this group of players ended their careers without winning medals

At times like this I'm glad Eriksen has stopped scoring free-kick worldies. The likes of Real and Barca are always suckers for a showy highlights reel and a few of those might have made him irresistible.

Don Balón runs a story that Eriksen is disgruntled by the lack of signings. Is Don Balón a trustworthy source?
It’s another rag to be honest. I’m just looking at his circumstances. He’s used to “working abroad” & has done so from a young age. Same with all our foreign players. It’s a big ask for someone like Harry to up sticks with a young family to a country none of them have ever experienced & where I doubt they speak the language fluently.
I don’t think it would be such a haul for someone like Eriksen. He ain’t going to win anything with Denmark unless they suddenly do a Leicester, so to earn huge sums and be guaranteed to retire with medals must be tempting for him.
Hope I’m wrong, because he is a truly elite player, but it’s because of that fact we have to try to match his ambitions.

Don't know if it is just me overanalysing, but during the post-match interview on the official Tottenham Hotspur website Eriksen was asked to describe the goal, and he said to ensure the goal he "ofc had to shout at Harry to make sure he made the pass". Even though he said it with a smile I'm wondering if some of our players' tendencies to cling on to the ball for far too long or go for poor attempts when there's to him obvious better chances to be made, is annoying him more than he lets on. Maybe it's part of why he hasn't signed a new contract.

Last edited:
DuhsZZ4XgAAzwR6.jpg:large

Back
Top Bottom