Chelsea v Tottenham. 2nd leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Losing hurts. I suppose you can get used to it so some immunity has been built over the years when we lose key games.

Yesterday we gave it a go.

If Chelsea beat City (they might) but fail to get top 4 or better still lose to City (despise both clubs) and we do, then we should send them a tweet.

Winning the battle is not winning the war, not that top 4 should in any way be the height of our ambition.

I just hope Chelsea lose Hazard to Real Madrid in the summer. He is our chief tormentor.

Any of you guys notice how often we have throw ins near opposition box when we need to score and we have gone all the way back to our own keeper.. who the fk is coaching these players to do that , must of done it at least 10 times in last 4 games alone and did it a few times at fulham when we were losing 1-0 ... we have to be far more forward thinking than that

Yeah that was a bit of a 'morning after a bad night post' ... just fucked off with the idiocy of people who somehow think we'd be 'better off' or 'would have spent more' or 'won more trophies' if we'd just stayed at the Lane ... forgetting that we have been competing with the likes of Everton and West Ham or lower from 1991 - 2015 and that it was only the promise of a new stadium, higher salaries, better players that got Poch here in the first place.

Do you think the squad would be where it is, young players signing new contracts, world stars like Dele, Kane, Eriksen, Son etc. would they still be here if it wasn't for the new stadium and all the upside that will bring?

The last three years, and now this season as well, have been the four best EPL seasons in our club's history, adding another 50m player? nobody knows if that would have made any difference, probably but it's at all it's pure guesswork.

Last night was a pisser but we're still in three competitions, what's not to like?

There is a heck of a lot to like, on and off the pitch. The underlying fear though is on the pitch it could all come undone dramatically if we stagnate by not improving the team with new players. It's the pessimist coming out in many fans. It looks like there may be a big rebuilding job in the summer

Anyway i just want to enjoy the remainder of the season now and at the end we will see where we're at.

Any of you guys notice how often we have throw ins near opposition box when we need to score and we have gone all the way back to our own keeper.. who the fk is coaching these players to do that , must of done it at least 10 times in last 4 games alone and did it a few times at fulham when we were losing 1-0 ... we have to be far more forward thinking than that

Get used to it. It's the way we play. Retention of possession is everything and if needs to go back to Lloris to start again, then so be it.

At ground level the player doesn't have the benefit of wide angle cameras and an elevated possession. They rely on line of sight, speed of thought, where your teammate is/was/should be, anticipation and a sixth sense to pick out and execute passes (this separates a Pro from Sunday league).

It can be frustrating from the stands as we can see the runs and obvious balls. They can't at ground level.

As I say, get used to it. It's the way we play. No more lumping it up front to Klinsmann! (or Llorente)

How about another level of Spursy. They win the final and parade the trophy at home against us. You know it's gonna happen
Jan-Vertonghen-Belgium-Sick.gif

Thats the point it dont need to go back to him when we need a goal and we have a throw in near other teams box, thats just plain stupid .. how many times last night were we panicking at the back and how many times did you see Chelsea mess around with the ball and put themselves under pressure . just because we play possession dont mean we need to be negative as well

You sure about that, our best chance to take the lead came from a long kick from Paulo

I agree. His distribution and kicking seem better than Lloris. However Lloris is first choice and he just wouldn't attempt that kick. He'd roll it out to start the build up.

However that kick was one of about five he attempted as opposed to the 20+ times he rolled it out to the defence.

It's the way we play (and should) in my opinion.

Tottenham Hotspur FC.

The only Premier league club that has built a stadium, new training centre in the past 10 years, caught up with and surpassed some of the so called big 4. Finished above doped clubs, increased income to the point we'll likely surpass our neighbours who only a few years ago were so far in front it looked impossible. A club that stands for glory and playing the game the right way. A club that has every chance of continuing to grow year on year. A club that is the envy of nearly every other fan outside the top 6.

That's my club, that's who I support.

You should try it, belief is everything......
At the end of the day, football, just like any other competitive sport, success is only judged by the amount of silverware won.

I said arguing with people who want signings. Your constant abuse of John Thomas John Thomas is laughable - so what if he's a harmless buffoon who wants to see the squad improve. Your fluffier Sammy also wants signings all of a sudden now - but I don't see you attacking him? As I said - all about petty agendas and internet vendettas with your ilk

:adethumbup:

Back
Top Bottom