Chelsea v Tottenham. 2nd leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of all the semi final defeats this is the one that hurts the least by miles, i was more pissed off by the defeat to Watford if I'm honest
Agreed - we probably had very little chance in the final anyway. Although it's painful to always come short against this lot

So, that about it then - no explanation as usual. Hey sammyspurs sammyspurs - your pet rat is in trouble it seems.

Anyhow - assuming your next response would be predictably a .gif - let me save you the bandwidth

I want the team to improve and avoid having our great seasons crumble, If that makes a cunt in your myopic twisted view - I'm quite ok with it
That's not the reason you're a cunt, Arc. Trust me.

Have you hit your head this morning? You're floundering. You keep saying I don't want to make signings. I've told you 3 times I do.

All this just because you couldn't just admit you made a tit of yourself saying the quotes Poch made didn't exist.

Laughable really.

I held off posting last night, things were too raw and I didn't want to get drawn into a massive cunt off as there seemed to be enough of them going on as it was.

Clearly the first half was shocking, Llorente looked slow and I felt Chelsea knew they could catch him up even with a 30 yard lead so it encouraged pressure. Poor control and hold up play from him, we can say he's not fit and match sharp but there's no excuse not to be fit when you train in a state of the art complex every day. If the methods used don't get players fit then change them.

I just don't see him as a starter, when players are fast and fresh he looks out of his depth, for me he's the perfect 70min sub when his height and strength will either grab us a goal, knock down or penalty. When nothing else is working he can change the way we play and throw the opposition. This for me doesn't not work from the off. We have no outlet, nobody who could run into the channels and nobody to make the opposition hang back out of fear, giving more room in the middle of the park.

Kudos to him for keeping going and throwing himself at the ball for the goal it was brave and I was pleased for him. Obviously others in the team weren't great but they will (as a team) have off days, it's more the tactics and line up that worry me. It will make any opposition looking at the team sheet feel they have a chance.

The amazing thing is as usual there were 2 penalties between Sarri still being the villain, hated by Chelsea fans and Pochettino being a miracle worker, not saying that is right at all just hate that everything in life is set up by the media for extremism

You're such a cunt, clueless about finance, living in some weird fake reality .... put in 500m of your own money or fuck off telling other people how to do it ... armchair critics with nothing to back it up ... constant whinging and moaning total tossers the lot of 'em ...

The stadium will increase our spending power by 150m a year (probably more) the servicing of the debt will be 25-30m a year ergo the football club is better off by 120m a year ... even a thick cunt such as you should be able to work out those simple numbers ... the fact we've already increased our salary spend by 75m in the last two years should also be a big clue, that is unless you're just to stupid to grasp reality ...

No we aren't at Utd or City numbers, that's got fuck all to do with the stadium, that's all marketing and merchandising, however we've increased our revenue to a record 376m a year and closed the revenue gap on Woolwich from 80m a year ago to just 10m this year, and we haven't even moved in yet ....

The stadium makes us massively better off why can't get that through your dumb thick skull you utter cretin .......

:lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh:

Having 120 mill to spend means fuck all nowadays if you want to win the PL or CL. Sad but true. Did I say anything about the stadium not making the club better off? I've said we are a fantastically well run club.

to be honest I can't be arsed to explain anything. I don't think what I've said is so outrageous to justify your outburst but I don't fucking care anymore

So piss off back to the hole you crawled out of and take a chill pill when you get there

Have a nice day petal :llorishowudoin:

The amazing thing is as usual there were 2 penalties between Sarri still being the villain, hated by Chelsea fans and Pochettino being a miracle worker, not saying that is right at all just hate that everything in life is set up by the media for extremism
Had Levy not ballsed up the Willian signing they'd have had one less pen and we'd have converted one and who knows how it would have ended.... :sherwoodlol:

A lot of our players have improved tremendously since MP took over.
But MP has not improved at all as a manager over these years.
I'd even say that the team has not improved as a unit since MP's second season when we were chasing Leicester.

MP needs to grow up as a manager too.
That shocking first half is all on him.

Having 120 mill to spend means fuck all nowadays if you want to win the PL or CL. Sad but true. Did I say anything about the stadium not making the club better off? I've said we are a fantastically well run club.

to be honest I can't be arsed to explain anything. I don't think what I've said is so outrageous to justify your outburst but I don't fucking care anymore

Yeah that was a bit of a 'morning after a bad night post' ... just fucked off with the idiocy of people who somehow think we'd be 'better off' or 'would have spent more' or 'won more trophies' if we'd just stayed at the Lane ... forgetting that we have been competing with the likes of Everton and West Ham or lower from 1991 - 2015 and that it was only the promise of a new stadium, higher salaries, better players that got Poch here in the first place.

Do you think the squad would be where it is, young players signing new contracts, world stars like Dele, Kane, Eriksen, Son etc. would they still be here if it wasn't for the new stadium and all the upside that will bring?

The last three years, and now this season as well, have been the four best EPL seasons in our club's history, adding another 50m player? nobody knows if that would have made any difference, probably but it's at all it's pure guesswork.

Last night was a pisser but we're still in three competitions, what's not to like?

You are a man who thinks you know tactics but you think we were out played, have fun

He doesn’t even understand the offside law

He was convinced Wolves winner against Leicester recently was offside!!

Clearly onside due to the 2nd phase but he is the self appointed match reviewer

A lot of our players have improved tremendously since MP took over.
But MP has not improved at all as a manager over these years.
I'd even say that the team has not improved as a unit since MP's second season when we were chasing Leicester.

MP needs to grow up as a manager too.
That shocking first half is all on him.

Simply not true.

Our points total increases almost every season despite everyone around us spending more money.

We win more big games each season, that spurs team chasing Leicester wouldn’t have got through in the nou camp.

Easy to forget poch is still relatively young, he has holes for sure, who doesn’t? But he has made improvements.

A few more minor improvements may see us finally win something

I genuinely didn't realise Away goals didn't count... until they mentioned it after we'd scored, I thought we'd done enough!

Even after the first leg, I said to someone "at least they didn't score an away goal" and no one seemed to correct me...

Even my wife (blatant "I have a wife") looked confused when I said it had gone to pens... she HATES football, but at least knew how the away goals rule worked...
So spursy ain’t it? For the last 38 years away goals would have seen us in the final!

Back
Top Bottom